1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Everyday Surya Namaskar

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by born2vin, Aug 18, 2009.

1. born2vin

born2vin Bronze IL'ite

Hi IL's,
    Here i start a thread for the people who do surya namaskar everyday. it is a set of 12 various asanas. it is one of the best yoga asanas from scripture. i was told vashista taught this asana to rama in those times. it is very energetic and dynamic exercise and it works out total body.

Join this thread and update your count on everyday suraya namaskar and get inspired by other IL's to increase its count.

--> Today i have done -6 numbers( 3 sets)

Admin Note: Know more about Suryanamaskar. Check interesting article and links on the same subject

How to do Suryanamaskar for Weight Loss
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/keep-fit-and-maintain-shape/133334-any-one-lost-weight-doing.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/keep-fit-and-maintain-shape/114649-surya-namaskar-animation.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/nature-cure/165524-an-article-payal-gidwani-tiwari.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/keep-fit-and-maintain-shape/65798-any1-benefitted-from-yoga.html
    Yoga for Weight Loss
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/keep-fit-and-maintain-shape/1867-yoga-you-all-about-yoga.html

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2013
    4 people like this.

2. sudharsiniram

sudharsiniram Silver IL'ite

hi ,
    i also like to join in this ..
    i will start from tomorrw.... target starts with 3 sets

cheerup :cheers

3. ariesgirl

ariesgirl Guest

Hi

I do surya namaskars daily.But i did not get what are 'sets'? I do 12 times.Is that one set?.You mean you do 12*2/3 times.great.

And yes it feels great after doing it. I feel very energetic after doing it for the whole day.I have observed it ,the day i skip doing it my day is ver lazy and depressed.

4. born2vin

born2vin Bronze IL'ite

oh great to know i have company to do it..
    hey aries. it si not 12 for a set.
    i jsut mention 2 as a set.. so i did 6 times..

it goes like this...

12 count( 12 asana/12 steps)--> 1 surya namashkar.

Generally practitioners says , doing 12 surya manaskar wit mantra is good. and foing 108 surya namaskra everyday will keep doctor away.( but to hard to reach this number)..

at present my target is to do 30 per day ( increase day by day ) to reach this. start with 6 per day now.. don't know when i can reach this 30 numbers :-(

2 people like this.
  5. born2vin

born2vin Bronze IL'ite

Today i could increase my count. did 8 numbers :)

6. Dheeksam

Dheeksam New IL'ite

hi,
    i like to join this.i did 4 sets today.i do all the asans in the suryanamaskar
    with normal breathing.ie(no inhale or exhale)is it ok.
    luv,
    uma

7. born2vin

born2vin Bronze IL'ite

Hi Uma,

nice to hear you doing suray namaskar everyday. to start with people do asanas without breath. once they become pro they will start with breathing. hence no problem. you continue with what you are able to. will add other addon't later... Great you did 4sets--> 8 count.. so i need to compete with you in near future :biglaugh

8. Successpriya

Successpriya Silver IL'ite

Hello friends,

I'm doing surya namaskar daily..:)
    I do 3 times (12 steps) each day along with few more asanas..So what is the count ? I dont get it :hide:

From tomorrow i will try to increase and update here.
    :banana happy that i got many company :)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  9. Dheeksam

Dheeksam New IL'ite

hi born2 win,
    thanx for the reply.by the way when to inhale and when to exhale.i've been taught only with normal breathing.
    luv,
    uma.

10. born2vin

born2vin Bronze IL'ite

Hi Successpriya, welcome to this thread, no count restriction. you can do whatever is possible for you and add here. try ti increase when it is possible.