1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Best exercise for thighs?

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by lxbelle31, May 2, 2009.

1. lxbelle31

lxbelle31 New IL'ite

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5Cmaxnet%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Thighs are often the most difficult areas to shift weight from as they're one of the main places that women tend to store fat, so it'll be difficult...

However, there are some very simple exercises that can help you tone up.

Walking always helps, as does climbing and descending stairs. I'm not sure how well I can explain the other exercises, but I'll try!

Lean with your back to a wall as if you were sitting on a chair, so your thighs are horizontal - you might have had to do similar in school either in gym or as a punishment! See how long you can remain in that position - it's a killer on the thighs, but burns calories and tones the muscles.

I'm not very good at explaining these things, so this is from a site called "Are You Slim?"

The exercises are called "Squat Thrusts" and among other things, help to tone your upper legs:

"1. Put your hands on the floor, shoulder width apart, with your legs stretched, just like in the normal push up position.
    2. From this position, quickly bring both legs forward, underneath your torso, by bending your knees and thrusting forward quickly.
    3. Then return your legs to the original position using the same quick, powerful movements."

A good, healthy diet will also help so reduce the amount of saturated fats, salt, etc. that you eat. Fish, white meat, pasta and wholegrain rice are very good if you want to lose some weight and tone up.

2. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

HI...
    thanks for sharing... the last one was kind of confusing will be better if you could post some pic of that...

3. NidhiA

NidhiA Junior IL'ite

I used to have heavy thighs before few years but have toned that part in last 2-3 years, I think elliptical and also the floor exercise where you lie on floor and do like cycling that stresses out tummy and thighs - these 2 have helped me.

4. shreyashreyas

shreyashreyas Gold IL'ite

For reducing thighs, stand sideways, catch wall by one hand say left hand for support. now lift your right leg as up as you can (in side way direction). do that 50 times and turn to the other side and hold right hand against the wall and lift left leg now.

dont bend at knees
    every time you lift your leg let it come till your stomach. thats your agenda. initially start 50 for about a week and then go till 200. Within this period i.e., within 1 month to 1 and half you will reduce the extra flabs in your thighs.

You can do this exercise any where, any time. but better before food.

Sandhya

5. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

sandhya...
    that's good exercise for thighs... thanks for sharing....

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  6. platinumsweet

platinumsweet Gold IL'ite

do situps its a wonderful exercise for thighs.