1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Replacement?

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by JustAni, Feb 8, 2009.

1. JustAni

JustAni Silver IL'ite

Exercising makes you burn out a lot of things, apart from calories - Shoes/socks/trackpants/t-shirts.

I am having a tough time deciding, whether it's time to replace my present stuffs with new ones. In the present time of recession, I don't want to spend uselessly.

So my question is : When do you replace your shoes/socks/clothes?

"Those are some of the things which do not come with an expiry date".:spin

2. manisha.sanjay

manisha.sanjay Gold IL'ite

hi,
    good point ...............
    i think-------depending upon the conditions of clothes,shoes,socks you can decide when to replace it.as if you are using it in home then no need to replace it till you are comfortable with it(if t-shirt,pant tored you can stitch and use)........but if you are going in gym you have to replace it.......i am using my capris or other which i use for regular use......no need to buy new one.

3. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Ani, sorry,but your question is not clear to me..is it that you have lost weight and therefore need to get new clothes or it is that your clothes had worn out or faded due to exercising and sweating?

If they are worn out,then you have to replace them like manisha says..if the clothes have become loose due to lose of weight,then you can still wear them at home,but for outside ,you have to buy new ones.

4. anaamika

anaamika Senior IL'ite

HI Justani

Sure these things dont come with an expiry date!!

my suggestion....shoes, you should replace them when you feel its worn out or in any way uncomfi. or else you torture your poor feet...... remember they carry you all around !!:wink:
    clothes you may change if you feel they really worn out, but I dont think you need to replace gym clothes just because you feel they look faded or old! as far as its not torn......it serves you the purpose...you need not bother. or you may keep them for home use.

Yeh.....even I find it difficult to discard clothes, unless they really cry and plead to you!!! ( you must be hearing the home center ad these days on FM!!! somehting like that??)

Karama market, I guess is a good place to shop , if you dont want to spend too much!

All the best!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  5. JustAni

JustAni Silver IL'ite

Thank you Manisha, Sunitha & Annamika for your reply.

Sunitha, I was referring to the clothes used while exercising.

I put on a new T-shirt & socks everyday while going to the gym. I change my trackpants alternatively. But I have been using my trackpants for nearly 2 years (although for 2-3 months they were taking a break).

Sometimes I feel they are in a good enough condition, sometimes not so. How do I judge it? They aren't torn as yet, not have their colours faded (Thanks to good quality colour-retaining-washing-powder). Where as T-shirts are concerned, they are mostly over worn anyway.

My shoes I've been wearing them for nearly 2 years. There aren't torn & are still comfortable to walk & run. What confuses me was, what I had read. Exercise Shoes must be changed every 12months. :spin