1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

how to reduce after delivery

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by tanu khurana, Feb 6, 2009.

1. tanu khurana

tanu khurana Bronze IL'ite

hi friends, iam 26 and delivrd a baby on 24 jan my fig is 40-40-38 and bf it was 36-32-36.it was normal delivery pz suggest me ways to reduce.............and any diet chart if u cn???????

2. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

hi thanukhurana,
    Why are you in a hurry to reduce???Its too early after delivery to talk about weight.
    It took almost 9 months for your weight increase. And now you are a mom and have to take care of baby and his needs first. Slowly start reducing with a proper diet plan and excersise, and in one year yu will come to normal....But if BF your baby, dont do any dietings.

Take good rest and enjoy with baby first. Dont think toomuch about weight.

Thanks

3. manisha.sanjay

manisha.sanjay Gold IL'ite

hi,
    CONGRATS ON BCOMING MOM..........

i agree with priya_mommy.take care of ur baby.after 3-4 months with good diet plan n exercise u can reduce ur weight...........it takes 9 month to increase weight n specially tummy..........so for loosing weight will take time............
    enjoy ur days with baby.........

4. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

HI thanu...
    I do agree with other friends... during BF dont do any dieting... and its too early to start any exercise...enjoy your motherhood... if its normal delivery pls do tie your stomach tightly as per your elders advice sure that helps to reduce the yummy... alteast tie it for 2 months...

5. joshila

joshila Bronze IL'ite

hi tanu
    welcome to motherhood !! enjoy every minute with ur bundly of joy.
    since urs was normal u can start doing ur exercises after 4-6 weeks ..jus chk with ur dr thou , if ur body is ready. I need for both my kids the gynaec will teach u few basic exercises which will help u to stregthnen ur pelvic muscles. later u can do some aerobics + yoga combine to reduce body fat & also to tone up ur muscles. :)
    u can chk with ur dr if somebody is there to teach, as i had my first kid in madras & my hospital had a trainer to teach us !! so chk with urs too ...
    good luck & cherish motherhood...
    hope this info helps u ..
    joshila

6. tanu khurana

tanu khurana Bronze IL'ite

Thanks dear for ur advice....it helps a lot...actually i gaind 20kg during my pregnancy....i look bad still lik 6 mnths pregnant...whn cn i start doing exercise and any exercise pz help.

7. anaamika

anaamika Senior IL'ite

Hi Tanu

Congrats!!

Like all the IL'ites said here, do not worry about your weight now. Take proper care of the new baby and the new mom!! Its normal to put on weight...20kg, dont worry. You shouldn't even try to reduce now, when you BF your baby; in fact you need to eat healthy. you may start excercise slowly, after 2 months, and diet control only after 10 months. You need to eat well to feed your baby, which you should do for a year.
    Dont worry, I put on 30 kg, my sis put on 40kg!! w got back!!
    Take care!
    Enjoy!:cheers