1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Goodness of cooked cracked wheat and proportionate weigth loss

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by srilavanya, Jan 21, 2009.

1. srilavanya

srilavanya New IL'ite

Hi Ils,

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Lot</st1:place> of south Indians especially states like Andra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Kerala people who is over weighted wants to avoid rice to get control their obesity. But it is unavoidable in most cases and without rice, there cannot be lunch. Here I have opened this thread to explain the good ness of cooked cracked wheat as best substitute for rice.

Recently it is hard to get sona masori rice and lot of them are using Basmathi rice as substitute which is rich in starch and fat, in turn increase the obesity. I am also suffering from obesity and now I am using cooked cracked wheat as substitute giving best result for my hunger and weight loss. A cup of wheat rice with any of regular samba or gravy with ½ cup of vegetables is giving me the best results. I lost 7 lbs in a month.

Talking about weight loss it is necessary to have knowledge about the correct proportion of weight loss per week. Sudden decrease in weight is highly dangerous. The calorific value 1200 is not suited for all. It depends on the nature of your body and the work you do.

The proportionate weight loss

To calculate your correct weight reducing calories for your body, first watch your weight everyday. If the weight is increasing from your diet, reduce the diet to the weight maintaining level. Calculate the calorific value of the food you consumed that time. To reduce your weight, first cut off 30% to 40% of the calorific value from the weight maintaining level. The total weight loss per week should be just 1% of your total weight maintaining lbs. For example, if you are 200 lbs your weight loss per week is 2 lbs.

Wheat rice as the best substitute for white rice:

Cooked cracked wheat is the best substitute for any other kind of rice. Normally pulkas or wheat dosa looses moisture while cooking. Cracked wheat after cooking in water has lot of moisture and fiber. It has less calorific value than rice and also satisfies as well as rice eating. Your stomach is stuffed too in turn your hunger is reduced. All you need in the night very light, and helps a lot in weight loss. You can have it with sambar or any veg or non-veg gravy with less oil and coconut.

Advantages of cooked cracked wheat:

1. Reduces constipation and gas trouble.
    2. Reduces cholesterol.
    3. Good for diabetes and heart patients too
    3. Well suited for all ages
    4. The moisture and fiber lock in the wheat granules gives strength and good health
    5. Helps a lot for reducing obesity.

How to cook cracked wheat:

Cracked wheat is available in all Indian grocery shops. The wheat lets
    must not be fine or just halved. For one cup of cracked wheat, add
    2 ½ cups of water, pressure cook it until soft.

My diet plan:

Me too is obese, having gas trouble and constipation. I am following my own diet plan after collecting information about weight loss and calorific value of food.

Morning: A cup of black coffee with sugar free sugar. An orange or a cup of grapes or lime juice with ginger (fat burning food) right after my morning exercise.

Afternoon: A cup of wheat rice with sambar or gravy without or very less coconut, rasam and ½ cup of vegetables.

Evening: A cup of black tea with ginger and cardamom. No snaks

Night: One pulka or one dosa or 2 idlies with veg-gravy and an apple.

Since I am having wheat rice in the afternoon it is filling my stomach and night I have less hunger. An apple keeps my hunger away for the whole night and is a fat burning food too. Now I am coming out of my all troubles.

Any other recipes for cracked wheat! Please post it.

Thanks for reading my article.

2. scorpiogal

scorpiogal Senior IL'ite

Hi

You can cook Cracked wheat upma with adding all the vegetable just like u make rice upma .

take 2 teas spoons of oil and season with mustard ,curry leaves and hing and then add 1 cup of vegetables (onion ,carrots ,cabbage peas etc) and then cook the vgetables add salt and add 3 cups of water and 1 cup of cracked wheat and then pressure cook it for one whistle u have wheat upma ready .

I usually crign the craked wheat again in cofee grinder to make it a little fine and then it not only tastes but also looks like the real; arisi upma except with beige tinch .I spice it up with lots of green chillies and ginger and squeeze a lemon at the end .

try it out