Close [X]
LOG IN
Close [X]
PLEASE LOG IN OR REGISTER

Sorry, you need to be a registered member and logged in to access this page.
Please login or register below.

REGISTER

It's easy, quick and FREE!



  1. #1
    lustremoon is offline New ILite
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    City
    -
    State
    -
    Country
    Malaysia
    Posts
    15

    Default A Different Remedy for Weight Loss...

    Hi All!!!
    I asked a well-informed person who is quite knowledgable on ayurvedic and herbs on weight loss. And here's the tip he gave me...

    Reduce weight
    1 tablespoon kollu powder. 1 tablespoon small zeera(cummin seed). Boil in 4 glass of water to 1 glass. Drink in empty stomach every morning and evening. Do more exercise.

    So, I am thinking of trying it. I am sure it's a genuine tip from him as you can see, he has suggested that exercise is a must. So, what do you all think????

    Has anyone tried this before? Does it work? Any side-effects???

    Please post your feedbacks...it will be really helpful for everyone.
    Thanks a lot :D


  2. #2
    swathi14's Avatar
    swathi14 is offline IL Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    City
    Chennai
    State
    Tamil nadu
    Country
    India
    Posts
    6,911
    Blog Entries
    42

    Default Re: A Different Remedy for Weight Loss...

    Recently I heard one more weight loss powder with Kollu.

    Wash kollu and dry it. Take same qty of Sugar. Powder both kollu and sugar to a fine powder and keep it.

    Every morning, in a empty stomach take this powder 1 spoon and immediately drink mild hot water.

    I took for 3 months a year before. I found some loss in my weight. But could nt continue.


    Andal

    'Finest Blog Winner - Second weekly Pick of August 2010'.


    LIFE IS TOO WONDERFUL TO BE SPENT WORRYING.

  3. #3
    shvap_786's Avatar
    shvap_786 is offline IL Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    City
    Al nahda
    State
    Dubai
    Country
    United Arab Emirates
    Posts
    5,842

    Default Re: A Different Remedy for Weight Loss...

    HI ...
    I knew some friends who tried this kollu for weight loss... they found some result... since kollu is very heat they used to compensate with lot of butter milk...

    but as you mentioned it should be good coz anything with exercise alone will be effective...

    Vahee.
    Receipes Ask ChitVish

  4. #4
    lustremoon is offline New ILite
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    City
    -
    State
    -
    Country
    Malaysia
    Posts
    15

    Default Re: A Different Remedy for Weight Loss...

    Dear Vahee & Swathi,

    Thanks for your feedbacks...
    I am yet to get hold of kollu powder, would get it probbly end of this month, I am going to try that...

    Anyway, if there's anyone else who hv tried this method, please post ur experience...

    thanks...


  5. #5
    tru1's Avatar
    tru1 is offline Junior ILite
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    City
    SJ
    State
    Island
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    109

    Default Re: A Different Remedy for Weight Loss...

    What is Kollu powder? I'd appreciate a North Indian name or an English name. thank you!

    Quote Originally Posted by lustremoon View Post
    Hi All!!!
    I asked a well-informed person who is quite knowledgable on ayurvedic and herbs on weight loss. And here's the tip he gave me...

    Reduce weight
    1 tablespoon kollu powder. 1 tablespoon small zeera(cummin seed). Boil in 4 glass of water to 1 glass. Drink in empty stomach every morning and evening. Do more exercise.

    So, I am thinking of trying it. I am sure it's a genuine tip from him as you can see, he has suggested that exercise is a must. So, what do you all think????

    Has anyone tried this before? Does it work? Any side-effects???

    Please post your feedbacks...it will be really helpful for everyone.
    Thanks a lot :D


    "The greatest discovery of my generation is that human beings can alter their lives by altering their attitudes." - William James.

  6. #6
    lustremoon is offline New ILite
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    City
    -
    State
    -
    Country
    Malaysia
    Posts
    15

    Default Re: A Different Remedy for Weight Loss...

    Hi,tru1

    Kollu is Horsegram in English.


  7. #7
    vindhiya's Avatar
    vindhiya is offline Junior ILite
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    City
    Chennai
    State
    Tamilnadu
    Country
    India
    Posts
    122

    Default Re: A Different Remedy for Weight Loss...

    Hi Moon,

    I also heard that kollu is useful to reduce weight. We can keep rasam also using kollu & we can also mix the powder of kollu along with wheat powder while doing chapatis.

    Regards,

    Vindhiya

  8. #8
    priyasuresh11's Avatar
    priyasuresh11 is offline Senior ILite
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    City
    Sydney
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia
    Posts
    409

    Post Re: A Different Remedy for Weight Loss...

    In hindi it is called as Kulthi.


    Quote Originally Posted by tru1 View Post
    What is Kollu powder? I'd appreciate a North Indian name or an English name. thank you!



    Priya

  9. #9
    Bambli's Avatar
    Bambli is offline Gold ILite
    Join Date
    May 2008
    City
    XXXXXX
    State
    XXXXXXX
    Country
    Malaysia
    Posts
    1,347

    Default Re: A Different Remedy for Weight Loss...

    Dear lustremoon

    hi there ! nice to know u are from malaysia.
    well i was in kollu remedy for 1 month after getting advice from famous Vathiyar in Malaysia...(not sure whether u got the infor from him too)..

    but i stopped it cause my body couldnt take the heat...

    then i tried to take it once in a week...
    i have reduce 19 kgs so far...
    i was in scrict diet and exercise everyday..

    now i stop taking kollu since im in TTC.

    Last edited by Bambli; 2nd November 2009 at 01:58 PM.

  10. #10
    chitraram is offline New ILite
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    City
    Charlotte
    State
    north carolina
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: A Different Remedy for Weight Loss...

    Quote Originally Posted by swathi14 View Post
    Recently I heard one more weight loss powder with Kollu.

    Wash kollu and dry it. Take same qty of Sugar. Powder both kollu and sugar to a fine powder and keep it.

    Every morning, in a empty stomach take this powder 1 spoon and immediately drink mild hot water.

    I took for 3 months a year before. I found some loss in my weight. But could nt continue.


    Andal
    Hi Andal,thx for the idea i think this is gud idea to reduce weight,but i have question Can we have coffee or tea?if so at what time we should have it after taking that?please do clarify my doubt/
    thanxs in advance

    chitra


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:01 AM.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282