1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Weight Loss Buddy

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by PinkRubies, Nov 2, 2008.

1. rose2000

rose2000 Silver IL'ite

Thanks Alpa. Can you suggest some floor exercise for abs. The gym I go to has only 1 m/c for abs.so i would like to try other exercise for abs.

2. hat

hat Bronze IL'ite

My dear Alpa

I have lost all interest in doing workouts suddenly. I ought to have started doing them since yday after my periods, but dint do them. Actually, this entire month has been terrible as I have not been as consistent as I was earlier. I am surprised with myself cos almost 70% of my target has been achieved and only 13 more kg need to be lost. While I had thought earlier it would be easy from here, I am not sure now. I hope at least from Sunday onwards I would resume my workouts again.

I don't have anything worrying me at home or anywhere else either. Just seems to be that I have some kind of mental block. The only silver lining is I am following my regular food schedule. At least that hasn't gone haywire. I am hoping for the best.:)

3. deepthijv

deepthijv Bronze IL'ite

Dear all,

Iam 73 kgs and 5 feet 4 inches tall, iam getting married in May, iam trying very hard to loose weight

Here is my Daily routine
    Breakfast: Wheat rava upma / Cereals at 7:30am
    I go to gym from 10 to 11:30
    Mid morning snack: one orange
    Lunch: 2 roti's, 1 veg curry and curds / soup
    Snack: from fruits to behl to nuts to idli, i snack on everything possible
    Dinner: nothing

I maintain my diet very well till evening but iam not able to control myself from 4pm
    Please someone suggest me how to control my cravings, i don't eat any fatty foods / junk food..but i constantly munch on something or the other

I really need to loose weight and be fit before my wedding, coz 3 years ago i was around 53 / 55 kgs, and due to thyroid my weight increased but iam under medication under doctors supervision

Please help me...Thanks a lot in advance

4. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Hat,

its ok it happens at times, it even happens to me, but do not stop completely and then you go back to square one, just take a break and come back and start your exercises ok, i know you can do it and you shall achieve your goal.

Here a big hug to you

love
    alpa:cheers

5. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

find my answers below in colours
    love

6. deepthijv

deepthijv Bronze IL'ite

Hi alpa,

Thanks a lot for ur comments

In the morning after fresh up, i drink water and take a throid tablet, first thing and then get ready and eat break fast - sometimes its oats with fruit / wheat upma / oats upma - depending on what is available

Then i go to gym at 10, i do stretches 20mins, pranayam 15mins, abs 10reps 3 sets, squats 10reps 3 sets, skipping (300 - 500 counts) and then threadmill for 25 to 25 mins, depening on time

Then i have bath and have a fruit (12pm)

Lunch: 2/3 rotis, with curry and buttermilk / veg raita

I also drink lots of water - some times warm and sometimes cold

I work for a bank where my shift is from 12 to 9 and i reach home after 10 / 11 pm , so i don't eat anything

Iam not much in pizzas and burgers, but i like panipuri and icecream, which i eat during weekends..i vil try to control this to.. :-(

Thanks for ur advice, but iam not able to control myself by only eating fruits..but i will try...

My normal weight was aroung 53 to 55...but 3 years before i hve put on lot of weight, then i went for tests and i fot to know that i was having hypothyroid, and doc suggested me some medicines...and my weight increase is due to thyroid...so...even though now its under control...i still have to take those tablets...

Iam not sure whether i can eat lots of cabbage..coz some poeple ask not to eat and some people say eat lots...but i take it in form of curry when my mom makes it and inlude it in salad too (sometimes i eat veg salad for lunch)

Please suggest where i can make modifications so that i can loose weight more quickly

Thanks in advance

7. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Rose,

in this thread Hat has attached a pdf file for all the exercises and it has abs in it as well also i suggest google abs exercises and you will get so many. Tell your instructor to show you a few.
    what do you mean by 1 m/c for abs.
    hope the suggestion helps
    love

8. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Deepthivj

are you suffering from thyroid that is helping you increase weight if yes then eat cabbage.

if you are suffering from thyroid that is loosing weight if yes then do not eat cabbage.

i suggest you google for thyroid and see doe you suffer from hyper or hypo thyroid and then google you will get a lot of information regarding your diet as well

try to control your cravings and icecream have it once in a while as it helps you put on weight. Have soup at night or take it to work.
    its very easy to make boil or pressure cook all the veggies you want add salt and pepper to it, once boild, liquidise pass it through a sieve heat it and add a dash of butter in it and corriander chopped and put in a flask and take it.

love

9. deepthijv

deepthijv Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Alpha

I am having hypo thyroid, bcoz of this my weight has increased

so..i vil now try to eat lots of cabbage...and try to limit myself from icecreams

Eating lot of fruits..is it good?? and also sometimes i eat britania nutri choice 5 grain biscuits, is that good...

10. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

since you have hypo thyroid, i suggest you exercise a lot as it will really help you eat lots of greens and salads, include all the capsicums like red, green and yellow, also have cabbage.
    Biscuits i prefer you reduce them then stop them completely as they are helping you to add weight. Fruits are very good, have watermelon, apples, pears, peaches, kiwis. Fruits are very good for the health and have your fruits and hour before or an hour after your meal.

love