1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Successfully lost 5 kilos in 45 days

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by loonypooh, Oct 22, 2008.

1. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

Hello dear IL-ites:wave
    I have been a regular reader on this site and especially this forum.My sedentary life had gradually made me put on weight... from 50 to 60 to 65. I am not very tall, 5 ft. So for me 65 was on a quite higher side.Although i was never obese , i always felt bad about being a little overweight.I have always hated working out at the gym so I started to plan my workout at home and watched wat I ate.
    I got carried away checking out the GM diet plan. Tried that but gave up on 3rd day, I dont have that self control to punish my stomach to that extent.And really hats off to those who follow fad diets coz i cant.
    So , then i had to think of some other strategy.This is what i have been following for last 45 days and have seen good results.
    Morning: 1 mug of green tea
    1 bowl of oats porridge (oats cooked in water with a pinch of salt)+1 small banana. I could not have oats alone so added a tiny banana to the bowl everytime.

Lunch: a bowl of rice +gravy or dal, or 3 chapatis+ gravy/dal

Evening: 1 cup tea+ 3-4 marie /monaco buiscuits, or a cup of groundnuts.

Dinner: I think this is where the trick is. Try and avoid a full dinner. Infact in 45 days i have had full dinner twice, when we partied out.And i ate to my heart's contempt.(lasagna with extraaa cheese). Otherwise I have been strict.
    So dinner is : 1 big bowl of chicken or vegetable soup, without oil.
    OR
    1 big bowl of vegetable salad with italian topping. This topping is without oil as well.

Around 10 pm: 1 mug of low fat milk with a teaspoon of bournvita. It gives me very good sleep. And helps me not to feel hungry at night!

Exercise routine: 30 minutes of treadmill everyday.
    However, there is construction going on at my place and i havent used the treadmill for 2 wks, but i have managed to keep the weightloss, with my diet control.
    Also now that we live in coimbatore, (before in mumbai). Live in a house here, going up and down the stairs probably 10 times a day in our duplex is taxing, but i think it surely has contributed to my weight loss as well

Hope this helps :)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
    1 person likes this.

2. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

HI loony...

Congrats on your weight loss....

Good to read your diet... actually the diet what you followed is the one so many of our ILites or following and loosing weight successfully...

As you said the main secret of diet is dinner... we used to have only fruits for dinner...

visit krishnamma new diet...

thanks for sharing your weight loss story... sure it will help peope who wanna loose weight... all the best in your weight loss journey..

3. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

Hi vahee,
    yes i did go through krishnammas thread one and the green tea tip i got from her itself. Infact yes my diet is very similar to the diets that we all follow.Just that i was not able to successfully stick to GM diet or cabbage soup diet.I still have a way to go. 5 more kgs i wish to lose, which sooner or later I WILL.
    I believe its easy to put on weight, difficult to lose but not impossible right?
    I am on the weight loss spree coz i wish to conceive sometime next yr, and i believe i should have a normal BMI before i plan on pregnancy
    Regards
    Poonam

4. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

HI poonam...

very true... loosing weight is difficult and gaining is easy... as said GM diet is very tough... actually we all tried GM diet along with krishnamma... when krishnamma did GM diet her hubby accompanied her only in the night and without he lost 2 kgs in that week... through that she got the secret that night food plays the big role...

so we got the secret and followed .... i lost 8kgs is 2 months time .... now just maintaining...

all the best for your weight loss and your future pregnancy plan too... keep informing about your progress... good luck...

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  5. vindhiya

vindhiya Senior IL'ite

Hi vahee,

Can u tell the link for GM Diet plan

6. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Loony,

congrats on losing the weight. i have cabbage soup everyday for dinner and and after an hour of dinner i have an apple.

good for you and continue with this diet so you can lose and maintain your weight.

alpa:cheers

7. banuma

banuma Senior IL'ite

how to prepare cabbage soup

8. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

9. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

1/2 onion
    1 tomato
    1 bowl cabbage
    2 cups of water
    pepper salt to taste...

this is how i used to prepare.... u can even make the tomato as paste and use ....

10. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

vahee, i tried this soup, its quite less on calories without compromising on taste.Its originally sanjeev kapoors recipe and i have removed all those ingredients which are high on starch

Chicken soup:
    chicken stock : 1 big bowl
    button mushrooms :2
    carrot:1
    green chillies: 2 small
    cabbage:few leave
    capsicum: 1/4 cut into small pieces
    boiled chicken,1 tbps shredded, if available in my refrigerator :)
    1 teaspoon vinegar
    1 tsp soy sauce
    salt to taste
    pepper to taste

take a kadai and add 1/2 tsp oil, add chopped green chillies
    then add all veggies.. cook for 3-4 mins
    add soy sauce
    immediately add chicken stock
    add boiled chicken if u want
    add pepper , salt,vinegar
    Boil for 2 mins, simmer for 1 more minute
    your soup is ready in less than 10 mins :)

To prepare chicken stock:
    250 gms chicken bones, make sure to take off all the skin and fat please!
    2 litres water
    2 bay leaves
    6-8 pepper corns
    1 big onion chopped
    3-4 garlic pods

boil everything together for 30-40 mins
    strain, cool and store in refrigerator.Use as required
    U can use it for 3-4 days.

For vegetarians, substitute chicken stock with vegetable stock.

I have a couple of more soup recipes, leme know if anyone needs em. Infact krishnamma has a pool of amazing recipes too!

regards
    Poonam