1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Excercise during periods

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by vindhiya, Oct 21, 2008.

1. vindhiya

vindhiya Senior IL'ite

Hi Frnds,
    [JUSTIFY]

I am having one doubt can we do excercise during periods time. I will have sevire stomach pain for the 1st day so I will skip exercises during my periods as I am not convinent to do my excercise.After my periods are over I will continue. Whether this is correct to break excercises for 4 to 5 days continuously
    [/JUSTIFY]

2. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

HI vindhiya...

You are correct... we are not suppose to do exercises during our periods... so its better to avoid and take rest...

3. vindhiya

vindhiya Senior IL'ite

4. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

You are welcome..

5. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear vindha,

it depends on the person's body, i exercise when i am in my periods. i do not suffer from any cramps or stomach pains.

alpa

6. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    You can stop exercise if you are not comfortable.But i suggest you go for walking 15-30 minutes.

7. vindhiya

vindhiya Senior IL'ite

Thankyou supriya & Alpha

8. dream.girl

dream.girl Silver IL'ite

Hi frnds,

Not only in Periods..even though you are not having Periiods and your body is not going to support you emotionally for the escercise or diet..please dont force your body..First of all try to train your body,mind and heart before starting any kind of dieting or excercises..

HUgs,
    dg..

9. Ansuya

Ansuya Platinum IL'ite

I've always heard that exercise during periods is not only NOT going to harm you, it will actually also do you good. If you exercise regularly, and continue exercising even on the days you have your period, you are likely to minimise cramping, bloating, and the other uncomfortable symptoms that sometimes accompany periods.

I'm not aware of any social, cultural, or religious prohibitions against exercising, so maybe other ILites who are more knowledgeable in that regard can speak to those. What I'm proposing here is based on science. There is no scientific basis to the suggestion that exercising during periods can be harmful to you.

10. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

hi anusya...
    Ohh really... that's interesting... all these days we were thinking that it will harm you scientifically... something like it will harm the utres only told by our elders so blindly followed all these days... never tried to do reasearch on this... never knewed about this also... if you could provide more information on this it will be really useful... anyway thanks for sharing this new info

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008