1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

How to reduce double chin?

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by lucky9, Dec 18, 2006.

1. lucky9

lucky9 New IL'ite

how to reduce double chin.

2. srilak

srilak Senior IL'ite

Double chin

Hi,

Double chin comes because of extra fat. Mostly when we weigh more .....the fat will go into thighs, belly, hands ,lower abdominal and also to chin. So to reduce this u basically have to do exercise. No short cut for that. I used to have double chin 4 years back. These 4 years I am doing regular areobic exercise and finally I reduced that.

First of all, we should balance the calories we take to calories we burn such that we will be in good shape. So do exercise regularly. First start with walikng slowly for half an hour and then keep on increase it. However, someday it will go then also u should continue working. In my opinion,exercise is for life. As long as we eat we have to do exercise.

Thank you.
    Srilak.

3. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Srilak,
    What kind of aerobics did you do??
    I found this article/exercise tips which might be of some use

Double chins can be the result of a buildup of fluid indicating a sluggish lymphatic system. To help drain the liquid, place thumbs under the jawline, with fingers above the line. Inch your way up toward your ears, pressing firmly but gently. This exercise should help to alleviate the problem, according to research.

Exercising the platysma muscle, whose function is to pull down the corners of the mouth and pull down the jawbone will help to reduce a double chin. Open your mouth wide, and then pull up your bottom lip over your bottom teeth. Move your jaw up and down as if you're trying to scoop something up with it - imagine the movement of the shovel on a digger scooping up earth or debris on a building site. Perform ten repetitions of this exercise each time, 2 or 3 times a day.

4. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Dear Lucky,

You can do some exercises to reduce your double chin. Those who have round face usually gets it. Heredity also plays a part in it.
    You have to reduce weight if you have put on. Do as Srilak said, do exercises and also with that some facial ones also. I'll give you a site where you can see and do those exercises to get rid of double chin. http://faceliftingexercise.com/sample.html

Love
    Latha :wave

5. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

6. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

7. priyauc

priyauc Bronze IL'ite

thanks for the link

8. shakila banu

shakila banu Bronze IL'ite

dear priya

If you have the habit of sleeping during the day time please try to stop it automatically your double chin would be reduced . you yourself could see the difference within a month.

9. padmaiyangar

padmaiyangar Bronze IL'ite

Hi members,
    DID NOT KNOW WHAT IS DOUBLE CHIN.
    DEAR MEMBERS PLEASE TELL ME THE MEANING OF TERM DOUBLE CHIN

10. hanoof

hanoof New IL'ite

another word for double chin is sagging chin. this is due to excessive fat deposited under your chin which gives an ugly look to ur face. If you do whatever facelifing excercises to reduce ur double chin, you have to make sure that you don't get wrinkles quickly.