1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

My Inspiring Weight loss Story!

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by aishu22, Jul 31, 2008.

1. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Ilites,
    I'm here to share how my diet loss regime went by, most of you would have seen my ticker in my signature (yet to update it now) and now I'm switching back to my normal diet with proper control; as I reached my ideal weight+2 kgs (almost 57 kgs), which according to my dietician is absolutely fine and she was more happier than me, for she stood by me and helped me through out!

The main reason to share with you people is to emphasize that “weight loss and diet is no magic" - and there is no short cut to weight loss". All you need is consistency and willpower to wade through.
    Hope this will inspire you guys, wish you all Good Luck!

Read on.....

November 2007:-I weighed 67kgs which was 10+kgs more than my ideal weight with an alarming hip/waist ratio and BMI.
    Result: - I got tired very soon and always in an irritable mood. Ate all wrong foods at wrong time and most of all, Thanks to my night shift job which took a complete toll on my life and health. I took up a day shift project first thing!

Then I decided that I need to loose weight for

*Health concerns - Panting for breath when i climbed stairs, walked. Fluctuating BP, Low Hemoglobin levels.
    * Low confidence level
    *Inferiority complex - Quite young, but looking at my figure i developed a sense of insecurity when I saw a girl of my age and who was better looking than me.

Took a proper consultation from a Dietician who came to our office on every Tuesdays. The very first thing that she told me after checking was so alarming. She told, my upper and lower part of the body was so unproportionate and I will have extreme difficulties if I plan a family. It disappointed me no end. My will power to loose weight increased manifold.

Kicked off my diet with the diet chart she prescribed.

Check out this thread for details on my diet plan.

December 2007:- Lost just 2kgs and no change in fat percentage or hip waist ratio. My dietician altered my diet plan a bit to make my meal and snack more palatable. Also, she suggested I increase my physical activity and asked me to go on campus walks in office.

January 2008 - New Year was very promising, I lost 1.2 kgs more and was at 64.4 kgs and down by 2% on fat.

Feb 2008:- Weight at 62.2 Kgs and fat % down by 2 more .Dietician strictly suggested that unless I physically shed my fat, I will not be able to reach my goal. She insisted that i join gym and do workouts for at least 30 mins along with walk. So, out of no choice i joined gym at my office and 5th Feb 2008 was my D day at gym...wearing funny trousers and T shirt and a sport shoe. Was terribly upset when I looked at myself on the mirror with the gym suit on. Was a laughing stock that day at gym as I stopped every 2 mins on treadmill for I was short of breath…?

March 2008:- With 45 mins workout, office work and household to take care, my nights were terrible with pain and every bit of my body ached. Carried over it with lots of issues.

April 2008:- Weight now at 61.6kgs and got a bit accustomed to my workout schedules and started to enjoy it as well. Gym trainer taught me some muscle strengthening exercises as well for my back. Aerobics and little bit exercises brought my hip/waist ratio down by 5- 6 inches.

May 2008:- With Workouts on full spree and reached the landmark of 60 kgs!!! Diet no more sounded a bad word to me.I enjoyed oats, fruits, salads, soups... Had that menu where ever I went without any guilty.

June 2008:- I missed the opportunity to get my consultation. But I continued my diet schedule. Gym frequency reduced due to work pressure. I was worried a bit though!

July 2008:- Day before, i had my consultation and yipeeeeeeeee I weighed 57 kgs!! Bravo, my dietician was absolutely thrilled and she praised me a lot. She told this will do and I need to maintain this.

Friends, thus I accomplished my goal and I’m keeping my fingers crossed to maintain it.
    Blessing in disguise -IL support group, friends like Varloo and Dear Chitvish for giving all of us her wonderful salad, raw food, juices and soup recipes.

I feel good, more confidant and ready to kick start a new beginning.Please bless me and wish me luck.

Thanks a ton all :)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2008
    2 people like this.

2. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Hi Aishu2..COngratulations..Happy for your weightloss achivement..Maintain a healthy weight..

3. skavi

skavi Senior IL'ite

Aishu,

WOW Congrats on ur achievement, way to go girl....

Skavi

4. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Supriya,
    Thanks so much for your feedback.Thanks for your wishes.

5. bipasha

bipasha Senior IL'ite

Hi Aishu

Congratulations!!!!!
    U have done a great job and your story is really inspiring . Coincidentally I also started with 68 kgs and my target is 56 kgs.

Keep it up..Good luck.

6. babyraji

babyraji Silver IL'ite

Hi aishu,

u r truly an inspiration now in case of wt loss n dieting.

i did notice ur ticker n was really surprised.good going dear.do post ur photo?

all the best n god bless u.

cheers
    raji

Last edited: Jul 31, 2008
  7. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Bipasha,
    Thanks for your wishes :) and Good Luck to you!

8. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Raji,
    Thanks for your wishes.Actaully i also thought so. but i guess its insecure to post photos in all forums...I will PM you Raji tomm...Surely visual difference made me feel good!
    Cheers to you!

9. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Wonderful feat !

Dear Aishu,

Very very happy for you dear !! You've done such an amazing feat and sure must have taken a lot of effort..since you also go to work...Great job !!:thumbsup

Please do maintain this healthy weight and my best wishes to you for that...Keep it up...

Take care !!:)

Cheers
    Krithika

10. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dearie Krithi,
    Thanks for your wishes.Yes, i struggled a lot....and i should thank my hubby for he was most supportive and adjusting when i felt so low.Hope I maintain my weight...but ChitVish's recipes and sweets are too tempting and i :drool

BTW, how are you doing? long time i interacted with you.Thanks for stepping in here:)

Take care!