1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

New Diet chart with my experience !

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by krishnaamma, May 28, 2008.

Do you like this type of food to reduce your weight?

1. Yes

292 vote(s)
    89.0%
  2. No

36 vote(s)
    11.0%
  1. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ladies,

I reduced 9 pounds that is 4kgs. by following GM diet. And my husband reduced 5 pounds by having normal food.:confused:

Here I want to tell you one thing. I struggled and did this. But without much struggle, my husband reduced 5 pounds, by having normal food during day time and had dinner with me. That is, in the night he took just fruits and soup with me. He reduced this much. So I want to follow his type. What do you say?

With normal life style (ofcourse with caution on oily foods) by modifying the dinner if we can achieve, such a reduction that is good I think. I did tread mill for 10 to 15 min per day and he did 25 to 30 min. per day.

So after my experience with GM diet this time, I came to a conclusion like this. No need to diet. As I said before “NO feasting NO fasting” is better than these dieting up to me. Because with the following dieting habit My husband reduced 5 lbs in a week and I followed GM diet and I reduced only 9. With much struggle I reduced 9 and with out any problem he reduced 5 means I want to follow that type of diet only. I think you will accept this. If you also feel the same thing means continue studying and give me support. Let us try this type of diet and see the results after 15 days. :cheersCheers.

In this thread I want to give my diet which I followed while doing GM diet and my husband's diet on the same week. Then I am going to give a
    New dite plan to follow. let us hope for the best. Here we go..........

Admin Note: Here are relevant links on GM Diet

How Does GM Diet Work?
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/k...pe/95108-general-motors-weight-loss-diet.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/keep-fit-and-maintain-shape/202736-about-gm-diet-plan.html

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2013
    3 people like this.

2. krishnaamma

Fruits and Fruit Juice day - 1st day

According to my dietition, She told me to take (I dont have any complaints like sugar or heart problem. touch wood) raw fenugreek seeds with a glass of water early in the morning in empty stomach.

This she said would help improve lubrication of our joints. Since for vegetarians, who need to do exercise like walking need this type of supplement, to avoid joint pain and bone wear. I have been doing this for the past two years and I feel the benefit.

During dieting, since we take very less food in the dinner, morning there is chance of acidity in the empty stomach. This fenugreek will neutralise this acidity and a person having such problems like ulcer etc., will completely get cured of it.

One of my co tenents in India who had the problem of ulcer got the benifit due to this practice with in two months. So first thing in the morning I will take that and after some time when I feel hungry, I will take honey with warm water. I followed both even I did this diet plan.

And full day I took hot water and I mentioned them here.But other than that also I took water at room temp. and some times chill water.:tongue I will take plenty of water.

Water,fenugreek, 2 tumb at 6.30 AM

water + honey water 7 .30 AM

Carrot and orange juice1 cup ( 200 ml) 9 AM.

1 peach at 10 AM 1 cup water.

1 peach, 1 cup melon and 2 cups water 12 noon.

2 cup water, 1 peach at 4 .pm

1 apple at 4.30 pm 1 cup water

2 orange and 2 plums 2 cups water 3 dates at 8 PM

2 people like this.
  3. krishnaamma

Vegetable and Vegetable Soup day 2

I made tomato soup like this.

Two tomatoes, 2 green chilly.
    Just put them in the mixer grinder and grind well.
    Pour it in a pan, bring it to a boil add salt and pepper.
    Drink that is all.<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shape id=_x0000_i1026 style="WIDTH: 12.75pt; HEIGHT: 18pt" alt="0" type="#_x0000_t75"> <v:imagedata o:href="http://www.indusladies.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_crazy.gif" src="file:///D:\DOCUME~1\Sundar\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_ image002.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>

If you want more Low cal./Low fat soups please visit this link. I have given many. You can choose and make.

Low Calorie Soups click this link.

3/4 lt water, Fenugreek At 7 AM

Honey + water at <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:time Minute="30" Hour="8">8.30 AM</st1:time>

1 cup Tomato soup at <st1:time Minute="0" Hour="9">9 AM</st1:time>

2 cups warm water at <st1:time Minute="30" Hour="9">9.30 am</st1:time>

1 cucumber at <st1:time Minute="30" Hour="10">10.30 AM</st1:time>

1 cucumber at <st1:time Minute="30" Hour="13">1.30 PM</st1:time>

1 cup tomato soup and 1 serving ( 50 to 75 gms.) MW cooked cauliflower <st1:time Minute="30" Hour="14">2.30 PM</st1:time>

1 Cup tomato soup at <st1:time Minute="30" Hour="18">6.30 PM</st1:time>

1 carrot and 1 cucumber at 8.30 PM

Last edited: May 28, 2008
  4. krishnaamma

Vegetable and Fruits day 3

For the third day we can have vegtables and fruits. So I had fruit juices and veg.soup.
    Today I made Tomato, cauliflower,onion and green chilly soup. Here it is.

Two tomatoes, one handful of cauliflower, 1 medium size onion and 2 green chilly.
    some salt.
    Just put tomato and green chilly in the mixer grinder and grind well.
    Pour it in a pan, bring it to a boil add cauliflower and onion.

Bring it to a boil.
    Add salt and pepper. Drink that is all.<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shape id=_x0000_i1026 style="WIDTH: 12.75pt; HEIGHT: 18pt" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="0"> <v:imagedata src="file:///D:\DOCUME~1\Sundar\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_ image002.gif" o:href="http://www.indusladies.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_crazy.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>

Water, fenugreek at 6.30 AM

2 cups water

Honey + water at <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:time Hour="9" Minute="0">9 AM</st1:time> 1 cup water

1 cup carrot and orange juice ( 200 ml) + 2 cups water <st1:time Hour="10" Minute="0">10 AM</st1:time>

1 ½ cups tomato, cauliflower, onion and green chilly soup <st1:time Hour="12" Minute="0">12 noon</st1:time>

1 cup water + 1 cup carrot and orange juice at 3 PM

1 cup Kiwi fruit juice at 6 PM

1 carrot , 1cucumber and 1/2 apple.

5. krishnaamma

Banana and Milk day 4

I like strawberry milk. So this time my husband brought that milk for this day.:tongue But very less sugar.

Water + fenugreek 6.30 AM

Honey + water at <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:time Hour="8" Minute="0">8AM</st1:time>

1 cup milk at 8 .30 AM

2 banana and 2 cups water at <st1:time Hour="10" Minute="0">10 AM</st1:time>

1 cup milk at <st1:time Hour="12" Minute="0">12 noon</st1:time> + water

1 cup milk and 1 banana at <st1:time Hour="16" Minute="30">4.30 PM</st1:time>

2 cups water
    1 Banana for night and 2 cups of water.

So my Banana day also went well.:banana

6. krishnaamma

Tomatoes and Sprout day 5

On 5th day we are suppose to have 4 tomatoes and sprout. When speaking about sprouts, only green gram sprout is best. Because it reduces fat.

To prepare sprout, just wash and clean the green gram dal. 1 cup raw green gram will be more than enough for 2 days.

Soak it for 18 to 24 hours. In between you can wash and change the water. So that it will not smell bad. But while washing dont press the green skin. Just wash it and again fill the water.

After 18 hours, drain and put it in a drainer and cover it with a cloth and keep it in a corner, where you feel some what dark. Or other wise, you can put them in a box and keep it in the fridge.

If you keep it in outside you will get sprouts quickly and if you keep it in the fridge it will take 2 to3 days. so do as per your wish and need. Just sprinkle water now and then on that.

That is all after 6 to 8 hours you can see small small white sprouts. You can keep them as it is till how much length you want the sprouts shoud be. Then use them as salad or make dal or what ever type you want. But here in this diet plan, we can take it as salad only.

So here is the recipe of the salad.

Here I am attching the photo of the sprout and sprout salad.

Ingredients:

1 cup sprout
    1 tomato
    1 carrot
    1 cucumber
    2 green chilly
    2 sp Lemon juice
    salt as per taste

Method:

Just mix all and eat.
    Your yummy sprout salad is ready to eat.[​IMG]
    Try and give me a feed back.

Attached Files:

3 people like this.
  7. krishnaamma

Vegetable and Sprout day 5

Here is my diet list on 5th day.

Water + fenugreek at 6. 30 AM

Honey + water at <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:time Hour="7" Minute="30">7.30 AM</st1:time>

1 cup water

1 cup – 1hand full of sprout, 1 tomato, ½ carrot, 2 green chilly, 1 sp lemon juice and salt. I mixed them and took 1/2 cup at 8.15 AM + 2 cups of water at <st1:time Hour="8" Minute="15">8.15 AM</st1:time>

1/2 bowl sprout salad at 11.30AM with water

2 tomatoes at <st1:time Hour="13" Minute="30">1.30 PM</st1:time> with water

2 cups water at <st1:time Hour="16" Minute="30">4.30 PM</st1:time>

2 cucumber at <st1:time Hour="17" Minute="30">5.30 PM</st1:time> with water

2 cups water at <st1:time Hour="18" Minute="0">6 PM</st1:time>

1 cup – sprout salad at <st1:time Hour="20" Minute="0">9 PM + 2 cups water</st1:time>
    <st1:time Hour="20" Minute="0"></st1:time>
    <st1:time Hour="20" Minute="0">That is all for today.</st1:time>

8. krishnaamma

One word about GreenGram dal

The normal green gram itself very good for weight reduction. It is good if we use that atleast once in 15 days. These grams wash out our fats which are coated in our vines. You can eat as it is or you can make it like curry or dal. Any form is ok. Even you can make dosa, idly etc.,

You can add beet root, cabbage, coriander leaves, mint leaves etc.,
    Or if you want to give this to children, you can add pomegranate, apple or banana and little sugar. Some how we have to take this regularly.

You can sun dry this sprout and make powder and make 'kanji' and drink. that is very healthy and old people can drink them. ( who dont have teeth).

1 person likes this.
  9. krishnaamma

Potato and Sprout soup day 6

Here is my list for 6th day.Today we are allowed to take one Big Boiled Potato with a pat of butter & Soup made up of Sprouts

Water and Fenugreek at 6.30 AM

Honey + water at 7 .30 AM

1 boiled potato and butter (10 gm aprox.) 9 AM + 2 cups water

water at 11 AM

1 cup sprout soup at 1 PM

2 cucumber at 4PM + water

1 big cup sprout soup at 8 PM

Sprout Soup:

Take 1 Tomato 2 greenchilly and graind them.
    Pour it in a pan and add one hand full of sprout.
    Add salt and bring it to a boil.
    That is all. Remove and drink.

10. Mubeen

Mubeen Bronze IL'ite

Hi krishnaamma... thanks for starting a new thread... kindly post the new diet chart as soon as possible.. waiting to c.....