1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Flabby Shoulders and arms

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by brahan, Aug 27, 2015.

1. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

I am apple shaped person...I have broad shoulders. The problem is even if i work out hard i seem to lose weight in my waist , thigh or basically the lower part...But my Flabby Shoulder and arms dont seems to reduce...As such i dont have a a big waist ...So losing weight around the waist is not my focus area...Please suggest me ideas on losing fat in the arms and Shoulder joints...(Due to this i dont feel comfortable wearing sleeveless as my two arms look like trunks as compared to my Body)

As for my workout...i ensure i am active throughput the day..Brisk walk for an hour everyday and moderate wrt foods..I cannot spend more than this with work and a kid

2. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Than You @rmpriya

Have you personally tried this DVD?

3. rmpriya

rmpriya IL Hall of Fame

This DVD is released in sep only . I have pre ordered it . should be excellent for your arms .

4. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@brahan - unfortunately with an apple shape, your arms are what will go last. If you are already an ideal weight then don't worry about your arms. Just do some lifting (any lifting) and tone up a little. You have the right problem to have, lifting defines arms and shoulders first and rest of the body last so you will see definition soon. I used to attend weight classes in the gym and had toned arms. I also followed a moderate lifting programme for a while and I saw good arm and shoulder definition. Now I've given that up for a yoga program and can see the definition go. I can't lift though, I had bad shoulders.

5. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Thank You @rmpriya
    Will try

@laks09
    You are right...I am unable to lose my fat in arms, especially in the part joining the shoulder...When i click a picture of me in Sleeveless...I can find that the Size of my Body is lesser than the Size of the arms (put together)...
    And when i put on weight , arms are the first place i add the weight to....
    In Clothes, something that fits my body is tight in shoulder and arms, and something that fits in arms is too loose for my Body :( :(

I am neither fat , nor thin...average sized person...in the border of healthy BMI..always need to be cautious so that i dont binge and slip on to the over weight side.I am not worried about this as i am quiet tall ...However am always concerned abt the flabby arms...

1 person likes this.
  6. Laks09

@brahan - Try a lifting programme and see if it helps. Don't get too conscious about it. The clothes here, never intended for Indian shapes. I can never find something which is the right proportions for me. Something is always wrong and unlike in India can't alter it :(
    Look up strong lifts and see if it interests you. I did it with my instructor but couldn't keep up. It did help with arm definition though. There is a group on my fitness pal dedicated to strong lifts for women. I printed the programme off there and started working on it. Didn't get too far but the bars alone without any weight added was plenty heavy for my frame.

7. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Swimming will tone up your arms and everything else. Can't beat swimming for making pretty bodies (men or women).

1 person likes this.
  8. Laks09

I wish at least this motivates me to go learn swimming!

9. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Thank You @tashidelek2002

Will surely give a shot