1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Name that one thing needed for your weight loss goal

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by pman16, May 21, 2015.

1. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Hello friends,

To all those fitness buddies out here..just want to know what is that one key thing needed or missing which will help you in weight loss goal or weight maintenance. List out your points and this way we can help others who are looking for the same solution.

For me, the most important missing factor is domestic help. The day to day chores feels very daunting and not rewarding at all. I wish to have the salad ready on table, smoothies done, low carb food planned and if all this is taken care of,then I can be successful in my weight loss ( now toning) goals. Inspite of doing the household chores A to Z , I do not count that as a workout because I do not get ME time !

List out your missing factor....

1 person likes this.

2. sumzaya

sumzaya Gold IL'ite

My missing factor.,, determination... within 1 week i forget my goal...

3. amnilakshmi

amnilakshmi Gold IL'ite

Control the mouth.. stop eating for because of cravings...

I have to be determined to eat only when I am hungry...

4. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

I wish I had a nutritionist too... Who can also makes those fresh salads and give it every two hours.. :)

2 people like this.
  5. MyselfandI

MyselfandI Silver IL'ite

Determination and positive mindset

6. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Weight loss is one thing. Having a relaxed me time is another thing. The key for weight loss is to stay positive and have the determination to do so in the long run.

In my case, the household chores and childcare became my responsibility just recently. Because all the 2 maids, nanny and a gardener of our house have been sent home upon a security issue we faced recently. So, for now - up until we find someone reliable, all the chores are done by me. That too in addition to my full time career.

I enjoy my chores, learn a new way to do them. Also, I consider them as a great exercise. Because, I never got to bend or stretch my body or sweat a bit after my School days. This works really well, as I have lost and got back my shape now than ever.

Also, when it comes for cooking, I would cook healthy dishes including salaads and smoothies for all. Not just for me.
    Less oil, less carb and less sugar is also for all. Not just me.

As for the works at home, everyone works. Husband does his share, my mom who lives with me also does her shares in addition to my little children's tiny works like cleaning their tables, and putting back the toys at the right place. It gives all some exercise, and joyful family time together.

1 person likes this.
  7. sumzaya

sumzaya Gold IL'ite

No cravings.... only problem is in continuing exercises or brisk walks... within 1 week , back to old routine... :-(

8. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

If I could just accept the bad runs or the bad yoga days or the bad lifting days(I don't do this anymore). If I could just accept that some days I can't run a 5 miles tempo run and hit the yoga studio and do that triangle pose properly for the full 60 seconds I will be very happy.

9. thegirlygirl

thegirlygirl Platinum IL'ite

Nice thread!

If I have to be true to myself then my answer is not going to be very encouraging for others or myself either.

I need to be at home, I need to focus all my energies on my weight loss plan. I just can't juggle work and weight loss at the same time.

When I took some time off, I managed to knock off 20kgs.

But now with my new work schedule I have lost my rhythm. I have to work odd hours. Sometimes I work in the mornings sometimes in the afternoon and this week I am doing my night shift.
    It is very difficult to follow any diet or workout plan with such an uncertain routine :cry:

1 person likes this.
  10. deepideepi

deepideepi Silver IL'ite

Weight machine and my fitnesspal app. Funny but true

2 people like this.