1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

30 lb melt down journey begins!

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by ShamVish, Mar 10, 2015.

1. ShamVish

ShamVish Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,

I am on a journey, like many for you, to lose weight. Just to give you some information about me.. My goal is to go back to my original weight, the normal weight. But after 2 kids and 30 lbs, the "normal weight" had begun to feel like a distant dream. So, I am here to shake things up a little bit -- eat healthy, exercise some, and get back in shape. And the journey begins here.

Everyday Monday I will weigh myself the first thing in the morning and post my weight here. Additionally, I am hoping to post my diet, water intake and exercise here on a daily basis. I welcome anyone that is interested in joining me in this journey.

My starting weight: 180.6 lbs (on 3/9/15)
    Target weight: 145 lbs

6 people like this.

2. saarang

saarang Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

All the best ShamVish!!! Please post your updates here. I will join you too..

2 people like this.
  3. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

All the best, you can do it!

2 people like this.
  4. ShamVish

ShamVish Bronze IL'ite

Saarang and Laks -- Thank you! You folks here are incredibly sweet! I will keep the updates coming regularly! Thanks again!

3 people like this.
  5. ShamVish

ShamVish Bronze IL'ite

Date: 3/9/15
    Overall comment: Okay except for the afternoon junk snack

Breakfast: One bowl cereal with soy milk and coffee
    Lunch: One cup of apples and 1 medium cup of semiya upma
    Mid afternoon snack: One glass pepse and one small cup of potato chips (I am so mad at myself for this! I normally don't even drink these crappy carbonated drinks. But they had some get together in the office and there was left over in the lunch room :mad:mad )
    Dinner: 4 idlis with sambhar
    Water intake: 8 glasses
    Exercise: None

Today I plan to eliminate all junk options and walk for 20 mins. Will post today's detail tomorrow or in the night.

1 person likes this.
  6. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi ShamVish and others...

I also want to somehow start working out and dying to lose a pound. I am on Metformin for so many months and have health issues but lack of workout, with infant and work, did not lose a pound.

@shamvish - I have same weight 180 lbs on petite frame that had blew up post baby. Now I dare not to look in mirror, try clothes in stores and jump on weight machine : (.

I need motivation and company.

2 people like this.
  7. jlak

jlak Silver IL'ite

@ShamVish, All the best for your journey and would like to join you as well.

Current Weight: 153 lbs
    Goal Weight: 132 lbs

March Goal: 150lbs

I am trying to exercise minimum 4 times a week, and just for this week, planning to eat salads (all possible veggies :p) for 3 dinners. Let me take it forward from there.

2 people like this.
  8. ShamVish

ShamVish Bronze IL'ite

Sanjuruby,

Tell me about it. The baby comes out, but the weight does not. Yesterday again (3/10/15) I ate that potato chips..I need to get rid of the entire packet or I am going to keep munching on it until it gets over.

It tremendously helps to have company. Metformin, huh? I just googled about it. Hopefully, we will get back to the right weight soon and you can get off metformin.

Join me here. Let's do it together.

9. ShamVish

ShamVish Bronze IL'ite

@jlak.. Hi! :)

Welcome! I would love to join you. I like that you are breaking your goal into smaller chunks, so it is more manageable! Nice!

After my first child I gained weight (then too!) What really helped me go down then from 185 lbs to 155 lbs was-- I would eat good bfast. For lunch, I would skip rice and eat rotis and sabjee, eat a plate full of fruits and milk only during nights AND exercise like you, four to five times a week (30 mins each time). And it worked wonders then. Hopefully, it will work this time too! Fingers crossed!

All the best!

1 person likes this.
  10. saarang

saarang Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

March 10 updates:

Food:
    Bfast - 1 slices of white bread with nutella and 1 cup boost
    Lunch -1 fist of rice with cabbage kootu, 1 small piece of mango pickle, and very little beans and carrot curry
    Snacks - 1 cup boost, 1 small piece of murukku and few dates
    Dinner - 2 dosas with tomato sauce

Exercise:
    LS walk 6 miles

Water ~ 2 ltrs

2 people like this.