1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Final try - 20 days of change (cycle 1)

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Esh, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Esh

Esh Senior IL'ite

Ever since I was 10 years old I have been carrying excess weight. I am 31 now, still overweight, still feeling miserable and still struggling. I feel extremely ashamed that I have failed again and again in keeping my weight under control.

I am sick. Sick of being conscious of what wear, sick of hearing "hey, you have put on weight", sick of eating and feel like I shouldn't have eaten that and sick of looking at the mirror and seeing someone else.

I am now 72.1kgs, which is ridiculous amount of weight for someone who is only 4.9ft. :( If I dont do something about it now, the situation might become worse. Ever since i crossed 65kgs, I have been facing various health issues.

I want put a stop to it now. Having been a silent reader for couple of years, I have seen the motivation indus ladies can provide and i belive that it will help me over come this struggle.

I plan on doing this for 20 days first. Why?
    Long term self control has always been my down fall. So I want to make sure I don't fall yet again.

Before I officially start this journey I want to explore the things that has brought me here and stopped me from succeeding previously.

How did I get to 72.1kgs?
    1. Over eating/binge eating
    2. Emotional eating
    3. Extreme laziness
    4. Inactive lifestyle

Why did I fail multiple times?
    1. Change - whenever there is a slight change to my schedule I conveniently stop healthy eating and excerice
    2. Lack of consistent discipline and self control
    3. Excuses. Oh, I had to do this or that therefore I didn't have time.

Now I know the problems that stopped me from being healthy and i am determined to overcome these issues. I sincerely hope that this is going to be my final try in achieving my weightloss goals.

Lookout out for daily updates and I hope my dear ladies will support me throughout this journey. :)

2 people like this.

2. SGA

SGA IL Hall of Fame

All The Best Esh

1 person likes this.
  3. pinki13

pinki13 Gold IL'ite

Hey Iam in the same boat, now Iam suffering from hypothyroid and Pcos with irregular period, long back in 2011 I was able to loss 6 kg just in 2 month. then i maintained that weight till last year but now suddenly there is a huge gain of weight which is 81 now. from 65 to 81 is really a big number. This year I really want to puss myself. For that i want to join you as a buddy.

I will Update here my diet and exercise, from tomorrow onward Iam including oats in my diet either in lunch or in dinner and try to walk atleast 2-3 km. and drink 2 liter of water.

2 people like this.
  4. Esh

Esh Senior IL'ite

Hey, thanks SGA! :hatsoff

Hey Pinki! Let's do this!! I have PCOS and irregular periods too. Let's not let that set us back. I will be posting the same too, workouts, food and water intake.
    Let's look forward to the best 20 days of our lives. hugsmiley

2 people like this.
  5. shruthipraveen

shruthipraveen Platinum IL'ite

Esh,your situation is the same as mine with drastic weight gain in both the pregnancy periods. I have a big fat sweet jaw which the MAJOR reason for my wt gain and inability to get back to normal size.
    I'm now 74 kgs at 5ft2in. I need motivation to stay focused. I find it hard to stay motivated for too long, that's the main issue. :-(
    Can we do it together?

2 people like this.
  6. Esh

Esh Senior IL'ite

Hi Shruthi,

of course you are welcome to join us! Start today and start now! Let's do this!

1 person likes this.
  7. Esh

Esh Senior IL'ite

Day 1

Food:
    Breakfast - Nil
    Mid afternoon snack - Ate more than half a packet of quadratini wafers.
    Lunch: 3 dosas with spinach sambar
    Dinner - watermelon and honey dew

Today's start was not good because I decided to start this journey after making bad choices for breakfast and lunch. I felt disgusted with myself for eating probably more than 1000 calories of wafers and then 3 dosas. :bang

Water - less than 2ltrs
    I will start measuring the water intake from tomorrow onwards. :thumbsup

Workout:
    Walking - 5kms

I almost died while walking because it's been so long since I had any type of physical activity. I know it will get easier day by day. Looking forward to that. :)

Level of activity: low

I am adding level of activity as one of the key things to watch everyday because working out for an hour is not enough. I want to make sure that I keep myself active throughout the day, either by cleaning my home or going out or shopping! ;-)

1 person likes this.
  8. SGA

SGA IL Hall of Fame

Esh

One thing i can say is : Eat Breakfast .....Good Healthy breakfast is important for metabolism which inturn helps to reduce weight

Think positive : Rather then saying it as Final Try .... Think of it as New Beginning for Better you

3 people like this.
  9. Esh

Esh Senior IL'ite

Hey SGA,

Yes! agreed, breakfast is key! looking forward to it tml. :)

You are right! It is the new beginning! Is it possible to change the title?

2 people like this.
  10. SGA

SGA IL Hall of Fame

Its ok what the tittle is as long as you believe that its a new beginning ..... You can request moderator Laks09 to change title name

I am just changing your words as I have been on your Place , I m 4 9" in height and having PCOS with irregular periods , what helps me is a stubborn mind which dont believe in giving up ....

Before giving Up think about all the good things you will Miss ......Cute cloths , Making relatives jealous who are always after your weight and most important good Health

3 people like this.