1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Nature Calls during Meditation

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by ChennaiExpress, Sep 28, 2014.

1. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

I understand there are discomforts during meditation. Your body is fighting to stay in control, hence your legs fall asleep, you feel slight back strain, etc, etc.

The best way to deal with these discomforts is face them, hence meditation is actually a grueling, and rigorous exercise.

But what to do when nature calls (have to use restroom)? The body has to release itself of toxins, but then meditation gets interrupted.

How to handle this, especially when meditating early morning? I do 5 minute bike, few rounds of Surya Namaskar, followed by 30 min meditation.

2. sridevi1977

sridevi1977 IL Hall of Fame

pls use the bathroom just before you sit for meditation, so that you wont be interrupted.
    Inspite of that, if you have the urge, then your body/mind has more to release in the form of toxins, especially when you are in the process of detoxifying/meditating...
    Try to keep you empty before you sit, and try to maintain atleast one full sitting through out 30 mins...you can do it....or reduce the sitting time to 20 mins.
    all the best.

3. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

In the morning I drink water and use restroom. This morning, I tried to do more activity so I can make bowel movement beforehand (sorry for TMI), but even then, 20 minutes into meditation I had to run to the restroom.

I don't have this problem when I meditate at night for 30 minutes.... perhaps I'll try 20 in the morning, and 30 in the evening.

I certainly have lot of toxins to release ......