1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Strange change in health

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by pry, Sep 16, 2014.

1. pry

pry New IL'ite

Hi,
    I am sufferring through a huge change in my look after gaining wieight a bit.
    I am a 35 years working woman. Earlier I was in sports and maintained my health for long time.
    I still remember when my husband liked me from my sportly look and married me even when I was equal or a bit taller than him.
    Recently, I gained weight a bit, but problem is not the weight.
    Problem is that, I feel considerable reduction in my height during whole day...
    I can realize this change because in morning time, I can feel standing eye 2 eye with my husband and kiss at his forehead without making him bend down.
    ... but during evening and night time I feel myself so small that he need to bend down to let me reach to his forhead...

Is is a normal problem? I feel like shrnking about 1 inch during day...

2. PriyaSrini

PriyaSrini Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Pry,

We (humans) are taller in the mornings at least by a cm than later in the evening. There are various theories to explain this "phenomenon", you can google them.It is only natural so don't worry and start focusing on losing weight and leading a healthy life.

Good luck..

1 person likes this.
  3. pry

pry New IL'ite

Thanks Priya for replying.
    If the change is within the limit of 1cm then no problem, but I can feel difference of 3-4 cm.
    I am scared of any physical problem. I didn't check the difference but I am guessing because my husband always admiring me being taller, but now I see myself smaller than him... and he feels upset about it. But the main problem is any porrible health problem.

4. PriyaSrini

PriyaSrini Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hey Pry don't worry, I'm sure there must be lots of explanation to why you feel this way. Maybe your DH was wearing shoes and you weren't. Sometimes people who put on weight tend to appear short. So to repeat what I had said earlier, relax a bit, work on managing your weight and when your are back to your old form it will be alright.

As we age certain physical changes are unavoidable, so learn love yourself and enjoy things as they come.

1 person likes this.
  5. Denni

Denni Gold IL'ite

I am taller than my DH by 2 inches. Lately I noticed that my DH looks even shorter than the 2 inches. Or ...am I growing? Its odd to say that I' m growing in my 30's. But my dad who used to be 5ft 11inc definitely has shrunk in height . He looks smaller than what he looked. I don't know how to explain this but I guess our height do decrease in course of time.

Don't worry about it....I don't think it has anything to do with your health. Like PriyaSrini said...concentrate on losing the excess weight ...good luck.