1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

An Apple a day keeps some inches away

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by sujathagokul, Sep 5, 2014.

1. sujathagokul

sujathagokul Gold IL'ite

Hi gals,

I am a very poor fruit eater. Everytime i go to fruit shop i will eagerly buy all the fruits i see, but only to throw every thing away after it got spoiled.

If you see my food logs there won't be any fruit in it, no this should not continue i am going to include fruits in my diet. Only if there is a separate thread for fruits, just for updating atleast i will have some fruits. so i like to open this thread.

If anyone is like me & wanted to include fruits in your diet ,please join me.

2 people like this.

2. Chapra

Chapra Platinum IL'ite

Hi SG, I am there for you :)

Am not a fruit person too...... I could eat very few fruits like grapes, jackfruit, mango. However, from Sep 1st am in a challenge to include fruits in my diet. Am managing somehow. Will update here everyday.

1 person likes this.
  3. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

I hate eating fruits .. So I make my smoothie (1 apple, 1 banana, few berries ) daily 2 glasses .. Only water included !

1 person likes this.
  4. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

One trick when you have fruits that are going to go bad (not bad yet though) is to cook them and refrigerate. Also, bananas can be cut in sections and frozen for use in smoothies later. You fruit haters may find that cooked fruit is more palatable than raw...just a guess. Apples slices can be fried in a little butter with cinnamon and a little brown sugar...really yummy. Pears can be poached in fruit juice and grated ginger. Grapes can be used in a lot of salads.

4 people like this.
  5. Shina

Shina Gold IL'ite

I love fruit but since you don't one way is to disguise the taste that u dislike with the one that u love. Like make a cut in the middle of a banana fill the cut with lemon juice and sprinkle chaat masala on it. The tanginess overpowers other taste and then u dont mind it so much. Or make a smoothie/puree and add some sugar and whatever flavour you like and drink with straw which will help minimise contact with taste buds. :)

Or sneak them in during cooking process such as during baking or make raspberry or blueberry coulis, make ice blocks of fruit juice and milk shakes . Where there is a fruit there is a way.:)

Thus far i have eaten two fruits today. ( orange and grapes).

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  6. sujathagokul

sujathagokul Gold IL'ite

welcome chapra & AP . let's try to eat it raw rather than juices & smoothies bcous the fiber content in the fruit is important for the weight loss.

thank u tashidelek & shina for ur tips. It's not b'cous of taste , i am jus lazy to take ,wash & eat the fruit.
    Going to have Guava for evng.

1 person likes this.
  7. Shina

Shina Gold IL'ite

Ok i get u. I will try and keep some fruits one of each kind in a fruit basket on the countertop in kitchen all washed and ready to eat. This way i will get reminded to eat and sometimes eat out of sheer laziness as its so handy rather than fixing something else.

i am planning to eat grapes pear and an apple today.

1 person likes this.
  8. Chapra

Chapra Platinum IL'ite

Sept 8th - had a big bowl full of cantaloupe pieces

1 person likes this.
  9. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Oh that's just like me.. No fruits at all. Buy and throw n the bin

Right now after seeing ur thread ate an apple!
    Sleeping n my fridge - apples, oranges and a big papaya

2 people like this.
  10. sujathagokul

sujathagokul Gold IL'ite

hai gals howz ur fruits eating going on? last 2 days i dint eat any fruit :hide:, but had juices. today also had sweet lime juice & pomegranate juice.
    2morrow surely will eat some fruit.
    gals come on , letz cheerup ourselves.

1 person likes this.