1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Meditation after Surya Namaskar

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by ChennaiExpress, Aug 22, 2014.

1. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

I heard that it is best to meditate after doing Surya Namaskar in the morning. But this morning when I tried, I could only sit cross-legged for few minutes before lying down completely on the floor.

What is the best way to meditate after doing Surya Namaskar in the morning? Must it be sitting down cross-legged (my spine felt a bit strained and stiff even though I thought light 5 min bike and few Surya Namaskar rounds would make me feel flexible) or can it be lying down?

Or should meditation be done at a completely different time from Surya Namaskar?

2. Kalpana294

Kalpana294 Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    Try relaxing after your surya namaskar for a while by yoga nidra(sleeping pose) or saavasana... Once your body is relaxed try to do some meditation... that should help you...If you do intense yoga ,then you can do some surya namaskar as warm up and continue with other postures.. relax with nidra and then do some meditation... HTH

1 person likes this.