1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Maintaining at current weight/weight range

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Laks09, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi all,
    We have multiple threads for weight loss. I'm starting one for maintaining since I'm in my maintenance range right now. All I need to do is stay within the current weight range +/- 4 lbs. Anyone wanting to join me in this?
    I'm training for a half marathon and so the hunger keeps me eating right at maintenance calories(close to 2100 cals per day now at 113-117lbs @5'3"). Once I finish HM training and start some strength work, I would like to see how this equation goes. I think what I want to do is strength train and gain some muscle mass before my next HM. I hate strength work though and need immense motivation to stick to it. Things like Zumba/running/yoga on the other hand, I require minimal motivation!

Enough said about me, anyone else wanting to maintain with me? It will be fun to share notes.

Some of the good habits I carried forward from weight loss days -
    1) I still don't take sugar in my coffee. I reduced my coffee consumption itself to two big mugs a day. My coffee is bru made with 2% milk(about 8/9 oz of milk).
    2) I drink a ton of water a day. I need to, otherwise I have runners fatigue for days following a long run!
    3) I track what I eat and still don't eat too much junk although I don't use MFP these days. I have added things like Ice cream and cake back into my diet to get my cals up on days before my long long long runs!!! I need to nix this habit and add proteins in there. But I love ice cream and love the fact that I can eat it and still work it out!
    4) I eat/drink a healthy breakfast everyday! It keeps me energized and staves off my mid morning snack binge!
    5) I exercise, of course! With the HM its only running 4Xweek but as soon as the HM is over it will be back to 3Xweek and zumba and strength added in there.
    6) I cook for me even if I have to make a separate meal all for myself and I even post pics on shanvy's thread!!!!

Will add to this later but please feel free to add your updates too.
    4)

7 people like this.

2. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

LAKS: at 5'3" you're 113-117 :drowning. You must be super lean (size zero?) Great thread. I am quiet opposite- I can do strength training but running I have to push a little. Love running outside but weather sucks. You definitely inspire a lot of people here. Good job hugsmiley

1 person likes this.
  3. SunNaa

SunNaa Platinum IL'ite

i will join...I need to maintain the weight that I gained [around 6 lbs] during my India trip... :)

last checked 102 lbs @ 5'1

not doing anything these days...but will get back into the routine shortly!

2 people like this.
  4. Laks09

CV,
    I would hate running outside in the humidity too. I'm at dry land so even if it is hot, we manage!
    Oh yeah, always been 110 and it was effortless all along. Only now after baby #2 and the age creeping up slowly, I actually made an effort to lose some weight. I had to go down to my Pre baby weight to lose that last bit of tummy flab post C-section, otherwise another 10lbs on my frame evenly distributed would not have been too bad!!!
    Welcome Manali! I need friends to stay afloat.

1 person likes this.
  5. anees

anees Silver IL'ite

Wow Laks09 , Congratulations.

I am also aiming to lose about 20 lbs,if you dont mind, can you share how much time it took for you to lose the weight? How many calories you ate when you were in the weight loss mode and what was your workout routine? Sorry, too many questions. Basically curious about how your typical day was .

TIA,
    Anees

6. sridevi1977

sridevi1977 IL Hall of Fame

Laks, very happy for you to start the maintanance thread. Have been asking this with shanvy before...
    I would love to join you once I have reached maintenance mode. ( I heard you laughing)
    May be some day, even if you are still here... will join you! This is also an inspiration for me to join maintenance thread from weight loss thread!
    good luck for your maintenance. we could n't shrink this in particular time frame, though its a life time process...faintingsmiley

2 people like this.
  7. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

What is this?! The skinny people thread to make us struggler's go green with envy? I protest! This thread is fatist! Harhar

PS: Save a space for me okay. Only one of us is going to win this, and it won't be Mr Adipose Tissue!

3 people like this.
  8. Laks09

Anees,
    A lot of trial and error and various tries got me the right formula.
    I tried 1200 cals diet increased cals, increased activity but nothing. Then I started measuring what I ate and figured out how off I was with eyeballing food. I started tracking on myfitnesspal. I measured everything and logged everything that went into my mouth. I was at 14/1500 cals per day during weekdays with one or two big weekend days of 2000 plus cals. I think if I had been really dedicated, 1700 was my number. I worked out 4 times a week. I did zumba/Zumba toning and some strength work. I couldn't continue strength work because of an injury. It took me a couple of years to get the cals right but about 7/8 months to lose the 20 lbs.
    Good luck!

Sri,
    Definitely not laughing. I love your threads. You will be here in a few months. We are waiting!

Not at all. Just reminding you of the light at the end of the tunnel. Get here quickly.

9. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

My last 4 kgs of my pregnancy wont go, current BMI =22.5. Although I am tired enuf to join maintain weight thread.....I am tempted to lose those 4 kgs...will be back without them.

And 1/2 marathon...kneesmiley. DO IT!

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  10. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Will join maintenance thread once I lose all my preggo wt .. Yes, another 10 lbs :)

1 person likes this.