1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Metabolism Miracle Diet or South Beach Diet for weight loss?

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by chillbreeze, Aug 17, 2014.

1. chillbreeze

chillbreeze Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I've been reading about MMD and SBD and they seem almost same to me. Any idea which one is better? Has anyone followed MMD here and achieved good results?

2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

CB,
    My personal opinion is that it's better not to cut out any one dietary element completely in ones diet. Cutting out carbs completely may help reduce weight quickly but once you add it back into your diet, you may see the opposite effect. I would say go for the moderation diet, eat all nutrients in moderation. You cannot follow any of the other diets life long but eating in moderation and exercising is something you can do lifelong. There is no end date to a lifestyle change, unlike a diet. I suggest you stick to a healthy lifestyle and the pounds will come off!
    btw, do you have any impediments to weight loss like hypothyroidism or PCOS? If so, a diet low in carbs will help immensely. Even then, don't think you need to cut out completely.

1 person likes this.
  3. chillbreeze

Thanks Laks, I too want to follow moderation in food rather than cutting out something completely. But I have put on so much weight and I feel its affecting my TTC process. I checked with 2 doctors, one say I have PCOS but another says no. But I do have some of the symptoms of PCOS like irregular periods, hair growth on face, hair loss, etc. hence I want to try and reduce some weight soon and try TTC naturally before consulting gyn.

1 person likes this.
  4. Pupu

Pupu Silver IL'ite

Hi chillbrreeze,
    i am on the same boat.ttc for four years!!still no luck.last three years because if different medications put on 20 lbs:hide: But last four months I am under ayurvedic treatment and it really helped me a lot and right now lost 15 lb.:yes:And tsh level drop from 4.5 to 2:50 Need to reduce few more pounds but happy that after long struggle at least I am able to shred this much.
    other than panchkarma following tips help me a lot(my ayurvedic dr prescribed)

1: cut down non veg (I am a hard core non veg eater ) items .from six days a week to three days a week ,tat also lunch time only.
    2: finish dinner by 8p.m(no carb after that ,if hungry a glass if warm milk)
    3: at least five different type of veggies and fruits every day.
    4: 2-3 lt water.
    5:two cups green tea /day
    6:sweets weekly two times.
    7:rice or rice product once daily.
    8:lots of whole grains products.
    9: out side food twice /month(I used hop restaurent very frequently)
    10:empty stomach early morning one glass lukewarm water with honey and lemon.
    11: 40 Mnts walking every day.

thought to share with you.if it helps you I would be more than happy:)
    All the best :thumbsup

3 people like this.
  5. chillbreeze

Thanks so much for the tips Pupu. It will help me. I got checked my harmone levels an year back and everything was normal. But of late, I find my weight is too stubborn and have other symptoms too that I posted in the previous post. Untill now I never had such issues. Its happening only in the last 3-4 months. Hence I am determined to bring my body back on track.

I am taking ayurvedic treatment for sinus and wheezing. I did check with my ayurvedic doctor about the symptoms I am having and she said it could be thyroid. I don't want to consult an allopathy doctor for now. I wanna make myself physically fit first before going on any treatments. Will follow your tips. Planning to prepare a meal and exercise plan soon and start following it from next month.

2 people like this.
  6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

cb,

My doctor says stress is a primary reason for pcos. these days out of 10 girls 4 have pcos or related issues, but do no realise it in the early stages. maintaing your weight, regular cycles, and exercise, proper sleep and relaxed lifestyle helps to reduce these symptoms. are you stresed on you working a better relationship in your married life. the stress to do better. maybe you need to analyse yourself what is triggering these if your doctors feel it is not pcos. sometimes a little erratic working of your pituitary gland can also cause this. it need not be thyroid alone..

if you feel the weight is stubborn, put your body through a calorie shock or a calorie cycling. we have discussed this somewhere in this forum.

if your dietary allowance is 1500calories eat 1800 today, 1400 tommorrow, 1700 dayafter in the sense you are confusing your body. it helps in shaking that stubbornness.

1 person likes this.
  7. chillbreeze

Thanks Shanvy. I too feel stress is major factor that is affecting my health. Until few months after marriage, I never had issue with my body weight, periods cycle, etc. But few months into marriage, I started putting on too much weight and my cycle became erratic. I too think its because of the stress I've undergone in the first few months of marriage. Though things are better now, I am still stressed out little bit. Doctors say one week early/delay in cycle is not a problem but just 3-4 days difference is also making me think my body is not functioning the way it should be as I have had a pretty set cycle all these years.

Nowdays I am trying consciously to stop any negative/angry thoughts and trying to think something positive. I am also reading good books and trying to keep my mind free from unwanted thoughts and tension. I need to work on the exercise part as it is the one thing that I find difficult. Thanks for the calorie shock tip. Will check that out.

1 person likes this.
  8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

once a change starts, it takes a few months to settle into a pattern. your body has a mind of its own. allow it to settle. cb. do not micro analyze your pattern. relax, eat healthy, exercise and forget ttc it will happen. do not add pressure on yourself.

enjoy your married life. do not allow all that you read here to manipulate your thought process. remember each one of us have unique situation. i don't know if there is a name for that..like hypochondriac for health.

if the relationship forum is stressing you, please stop going there. enjoy the fun of other forums and maybe write reviews of books you read.

1 person likes this.
  9. chillbreeze

Thanks Shanvy, Initial days of marriage things were quite new for me and relationships forum was a great support. Now I like to think I have grown up atleast a little bit and I am able to manage things at home by myself without getting influenced by what I read or my temper. And the time I spend on relationships forums has also reduced.

U sound like my doctor and I mean it as a compliment :hatsoff. She says its common for the cycle to change after marriage, give it some time to settle. Guess I should listen to you all and my body and take it easy.

2 people like this.
  10. Pupu

Pupu Silver IL'ite

:welcome I am glad u like the tips!! For me also do not have any hormonal issues ,before this jan allways tsh level stays between 1.59- 1:80, but suddenly shoot at 4.5thinkingsmileyAnd this un explained infertility:bang Making life hell!!!
    but u r 200% right we need to prepare our body to take a perticular treatment firstand as friend shanvy said a peaceful mind really really important !!!then obviously some routine life,little bit hard works and rest leave on God !!!!!
    Everything will be all right!!!:exactly:
    Love

1 person likes this.