1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Flat abs after c section????

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by anika987, Jul 25, 2014.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Hi all,

Anyone achieved flat abs after c section.It has been more than 2 yrs..I lost all my weight BUT I have lower belly fat.It is not a lot but how do I reduce it completely??I took personal trainer help but only few classes.I was able to lose a lot of weight ,thanks to her.However,hate the lower belly fat..were you able to get rid of it completely?do tell me what diet and fitness you had followed.thank you so much:)

2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Kalpana,
    Keep at the weight loss. You probably are one of the unlucky ones like me. Post c-sec Tummy flab was the last to go for me :(. It'll definitely go, just eat at a calorific deficit and work out consistently. No miracle diet or exercise, unfortunately. Strength training helps burn fat all over, so I'd suggest you add some strength training if you don't already do it.
    Are you already at pre-pregnancy weight, btw?

Goos luck.

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

laks09,

i feel it would be difficult for her. she had twins, the stretch of her muscles would have been more is my opinion. again i maybe wrong.

a little sag may still be there after losing the tummy fat.

1 person likes this.
  4. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

You mean loose skin? Yep, some people do have loose skin that sags even after the fat is gone. That depends on genetics!
    Plus, no matter how much muscles stretch, they always get back, Shan. One of my running buddies is a mom to trips. You should, see her abs definition. I envy that one!
    But maybe you are right. My SIL always claimed she didn't lose the belly flab because the c-section cut her ab muscles. I also thought the same until last month when miraculously my tummy flab just went away!

Kalpana - hope you are lucky and don't have loose skin and will tone up quickly. Good luck!

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

I am not getting it back, and that is when doc told me it is not possible for me. because there is a limit to a stretch for the muscle,beyond that there is no bouncing back.

i have multiple surgeries on the abdomen almost 6, with lots of stitches. the sag can be rectified only surgically.

i too hope that she does have a good bouncing back... try kalpana..at the end it is all about your individual dna.

laks09, read up on muscle memory. it is amazing that your muscles remember. the problem with some of us is we are not taught the do's and don'ts after surgery. my physiotherapist says that a session with the physio is a must for women after c- section, to understand their body, their limits and the path to bounce back.
    and understanding the core and strengthening it.

if only i had this awareness during the days when i needed it most....

1 person likes this.
  6. aarna123

aarna123 Bronze IL'ite

Hi kalpana
    M facing the same problem as I m almost in shape just fighting with my tummy fat.don't know what to do.

7. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

My one went away only after my tummy exercises. Do a lot of them.