1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

post pregnancy diet and workout plan

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by sahityaj, Jun 9, 2014.

1. sahityaj

sahityaj Silver IL'ite

hi all
    am a mother of 10 month old baby. still breast feeding. my prepregnancy weight is 46 kg, soon after delivery- 50 kg, now 55 kg. my height is 150 cm.my tummy looks as if iam 7 months pregnant. i have not done even walking after delivery. due to pressure from elders and also craving, ate ghee, sweets, cheese a lot. i need to reduce 9 kg before lo's 1st bday. as am breast feeding i get hungry more often so end up eating more white rice, more snacks. its also getting difficult for me to cook healthy varieties as i have to take care of lo alone till my hubby comes from office.
    my daily menu is
    breakfast- maggi/ tiffin parcel from hotel/ dosa with store bought batter
    midmorng- milk with mothers horlicks
    lunch- rice with dal( i make only this)
    evng snack- brown bread sandwich with cheese, veggies, panner
    dinner- rice, morng dal, any curry
    later- buttermilk

started walking for 15-20 min and 30 days abs challenge from june 1st.

1)what should be my diet without affecting breastmilk supply and not getting tired?
    2) what should be my weekly workout plan to reduce weight quickly?
    i cant go to gym as it is far away from my place and also should take care of baby. walking only on the terrace or leslie sansone 1 mile walk.
    3)how you people manage cooking healthy food , exercise and baby care?

there are many threads here but very long so unable to complete them soon. can you all please summarise the diet and workout plan which i can follow to reduce weight before august.

2. han412

han412 Gold IL'ite

You are 4.10 whats the ideal weight for your height?
    If you have a balanced diet it will not affect breastmilk in any way.
    Cut out almost all fats from your diet, say no to junk food, could you increase your lunch and cut down on dinner, the less food you have after sunset the better it is for losing weight. No need to cook separately your family too deserves a healthy meal.
    No need to go to gym there are good workout videos on youtube. Follow 1 of them regularly and walk daily.
    Make sure you drink lots of water
    Losing 9 kg in 2 months???? Set a realistic goal which will also not cause any stretch marks.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  3. sahityaj

sahityaj Silver IL'ite

Han12
    my normal wt range for ht is 46-48 kg. i get hungry in the night as my lo wakes up for frequent night feeds so i eat more amount of rice so that i will be full till morning.
    I have followed leslie sansone and some zumba videos before being pregnant but that was just to maintain weight. Is that enough to reduce weight? Am afraid that are they suitable for me? I want to follow correct methods so that my muscles dont gt sore.
    Can anyone suggest workout plan for a week which i can follow? Can you suggest any other videos ?

4. han412

han412 Gold IL'ite

Most of the women myself included feed their babies like zombies and fall asleep immediately to get atleast some sleep. You are wide awake enough to eat. Make sure you do sufficient work during day to tire yourself out. It will even help with weight loss.
    There is no reason you cannot follow the workout regime you followed before pregnancy. I have a friend who has been doing zumba before and after the birth of her 2 babies and she looks amazing.
    I myself do 10 min standing arm workout for tanktop arms by holly perkins and shred it with weights level 1 with jillian michaels on every alternate day.
    If you have not been exercising any exercise will make your muscles sore.
    You could also try yoga.
    Make it a point to not be inactive for more than 30 mins at a time , walk around the house if nothing else, this helps your metabolism.
    You could also try out the ripped in 30 by jillian michaels the 1 week challenge

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  5. uma927

uma927 Bronze IL'ite

I see your diet in take is little poor.

Please cut of mothers horlicks for your self. The balance food will give you sufficient milk for 10 months baby, as baby would have started to have normal food by now.

When baby is sleep in the early morning, i guess you can get up by 5 am and complete the cooking process for your whole family with lot of vegetables and curries.

Dont take dhal daily, it will put on more weight.
    Cook food with less oil.
    Reduce as much of oil content in your food/cooking.
    Dosa/Chapati without oil.
    Have more of vegetables salads if you feel hungry instead of having brown bread with cheese.
    Instead of taking more of rice content in the night time, try to take more vegetables it will fill your stomach and you wont get hungry.
    If in mid night if you still feel hungry have milk+water or two marie biscuits.

Hope this helps

6. sahityaj

sahityaj Silver IL'ite

Han412 and uma927
    thanks a lot for the suggestions. I will definitely try to follow the dietary advices. There is lack of motivation in me till now. I keep on postpone things. That is why i came to IL to get the much needed support. The problem is my lo sleeps at midnight. So how much ever i try i end up getting up late . So i just make dal or watever is possible to make quickly.
    Am a vegetarian(no egg also) . So i eat dal and paneer for protein.
    From now on i will log my diet and fitness regime in this thread. Hope you all support me and correct me if anything goes wrong.

7. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Hi

im joining too.. Am a working mom with 2 kids.. I delivered my 2nd boy this April .. Here are my updates

June 12

2 wheat bread, 1 cup milk
    4 roti (small) with Subji and 1 egg white
    noodles and masala paratha (yet to have)
    milk and apples (yet to have)

workout:
    treadmill - 30 mins
    stepper - 20 mins

next 2 days no workouts.. Birthday celebrations, yummy cake and Indian restaurant food :) it's going to be fun for me.. I'll be back on track from Monday ..

8. sravanitenali

sravanitenali IL Hall of Fame

Dear Op

Include Beans like Rajma, Channa, black-eyed peas, black beans for more protein in-take. Switch to brown rice, make some chapathis/parathas for late night hunger pranks,include nuts, salads or slightly seared veggies with less sodium, fruits. For instant energy have banana which is rich in pottasium and give you instant energy. Dont wait till you reach point of extreme hunger, have something healthy for every 2 hrs. Never skip breakfast have oats with milk and fruits...

For exercise routine start with low impact like LS walk at home or some small strength workouts that you can check in youtube.

Plan to finish your workout/cooking/cleaning everything before baby wakes up.

Good luck

9. sahityaj

sahityaj Silver IL'ite

Hey all. Sorry for no updates. Yestday had a photoshoot of my lo. It was real fun. Going to moms place tomorrow. So no cooking duty:) for 2 weeks. June 15 tennu will be 10 months old. Aug 15 his bday. So exact 2 months for me to reduce atleast 4-5 kgs. Will start my routines from sunday.
    Dh brought moti choor ladoo and kala jamun for his friends. Yummy. But they didnt come. Everytime i open the fridge am getting tempted. But avoided that and ate muskmelon pieces lying besides that. Yey am changed.
    Welcome anitha partha. You have started concentrating on your diet and exercise so early. Hope i had that determination when tennu was small. I had an exam 1 month back for which i was studying day and night. So was just sitting for hrs. This resulted in my huge tummy . Again i have to study after august. So want to reduce before that.
    Sravani
    will definitely include the beans and nuts from now on as my mom will be there to cook healthy stuff. Will learn chapathi making from her. ( i dont know that:-()

10. sahityaj

sahityaj Silver IL'ite

Will start my food and exercise log from today.
    Breakfast- 3 dosa with tomato till chutney
    lunch- rice, sambar, tindora curry
    dinner- same and buttermilk
    snacks- few mango pieces, urad dal murukku, gulab jamun 5 pieces( tempted at last)
    water- 5 glasses ( have to increase to 10 glasses by the end of this week)

workout- started cycling- 5 mins only as its 1st day
    20 min brisk walking at home
    30 min brisk walking outside
    didnt do abs challenge yest and today.

My goals for a week
    1) no junk food and sweets
    2) water8-10 glasses
    3) abs challenge and walking or cycling without failure
    4) aim for 10000 steps a day. Now doing only 7000.