1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Lose weight with Hypothyroid and PCOS

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Neethu87, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Neethu87

Neethu87 Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I am diagnosed with hypothyroidism 3 years back. I started taking medicine for that and now my hypothyroidism stays normal. But i was keep on gaining weight and in the past 3 years my weight shoot up from 60 kilos to 84 kilos. I dint notice it in the long way that i am gaining this much of pounds and it is terrifying now. That i am so heavy at 26 years old. I am not even able to walk for 10 mins without heaving now. And i regret i could have done something. I was blaming the thyroid and irregular periods for all the extra pounds. I did not want to take up responsibility as i should because i dint want to stop munching the junks and sweets. I am a foodie. sometimes i feel i got some compulsive eating disorder or something like that. Because, i eat i eat i eat and i eat a lot. All junks. I cant willingly take veggies and fruits or any good foods into my system.

so now i am at 84 kilos. I got married a year ago. 3 months back i tried to get conceive. Already got irregular periods problem and now seeing a gyneic. I am taking treatment for that now. spending around 10k for every month. My in law, relatives and ppl around started asking its been 1 year no good news ah. I wish the ground would open up and swallow me.

But my hubby is very supportive and understanding. Thanks to God. The first advise doctor gave is reduce your weight. That is the eye opener for me.

I want to take a step towards that. I want to do this for my baby waiting with The Almighty to come into our life.

6 people like this.

2. Neethu87

Neethu87 Gold IL'ite

There are so many threads out there. Sorry for crowding it with one more of mine. But, i want to do this sincerely and i don't know which one to join and all. That is why i opened a new thread.

I would like you ppl to join me in this journey of weight loss with me.

Height - 5ft 1 in
    Current weight - 84 Kilos
    Target weight - 60 kilos
    Starting date - Mar 2014
    Target date - Dec 2014

I want to take it slow.

3. han412

han412 Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    I would like to join you. You have not updated on ur progress, are u still on it.
    I have PCOS and am finding it difficult to lose weight no matter what I do. Have been losing motivatio0n to lose weight too.

4. Neethu87

Neethu87 Gold IL'ite

Thanks for joining. It would be nice if we have specific group rather than common ones. From mrw we both wil post our daily diet and exercise. Once in a week we can check our weight. Lets start our weight loss journey.

5. thegirlygirl

thegirlygirl Platinum IL'ite

Hi Neethu!

I am very sorry to hear about your condition.

Don't lose heart, with determination and faith you will be able to overcome this.

I have PCOS, I too am 87 born, and I too weight 85 kgs, I am sure we will be able to do this together,I have been trying to lose weight since some time.

My height is 5'2.

It is very nice that your husband is supportive, with his love and support, you will be able to achieve your goal smoothly and quickly.

I was also thinking that someone should start a separate thread here for weight loss with PCOS, since we have our own challenges and hurdles compared to other healthy normal women. Good you started one!

I am very busy this week and coming week, but I will join this thread by end of next week.

I will then post my daily diet and workout, you guys carry on till then!

Good luck to you all :thumbsup

6. Neethu87

Neethu87 Gold IL'ite

Thanks thegirlygirl. It is like we are sailing in same boat. age, height, weight and our condition almost same. We will be expecting you with us dear. We will support each other and achieve this. :)

7. Neethu87

Neethu87 Gold IL'ite

20th Mar:

7.30 am : Green Tea+ Honey + Lime Juice
    7.50 am : 1 small banana
    8.00 am : 10 mins of Jumping jacks
    9.00 am : 2 chapatis + curd
    10.00 am : Carrot juice (w/o sugar)
    12.30 pm : Big bowl of Veg soup
    1.00 pm : Green Tea
    4.00 pm : LS 2 miles walk
    5.00 pm : 2 Biscuits + Green Tea
    7.00 pm : Bowl of fruit salad
    9.00 pm : Herbal Tea + 5 Prunes

This is the plan of my day and i am going to follow it up. will update if there is any slip ups(Cross fingered that should not happen)

Have a good day!!!

8. SGA

SGA IL Hall of Fame

Do Think about this two points before Planing anything

Dont want to discourage you but at this weigh if u are going to do such strict diet u will reduce 5kg but then weigh wont move .....what are u going to replace your food with later On .????

You say u cant even do 10min walk with out Heaving ... you all of sudden plan to do 10min jumping jack and LS 2 miles ?????

9. vijiramanan

vijiramanan Silver IL'ite

Greetings!
    I am interested to join the group.
    I am 60 yrs. height 5'2" and weight 85 kg. I am also suffering from hypothyroidism. Tried many methods and joined many weight loss programmes but no effect.
    To say it is easy but to follow is very difficult. Ayurvedic doctor suggested to stop eating rice and wheat products. only vegetables, frfuits and dals. I tried true some result was there. Now I have joined Herbalife. In this we substitute breakfast and dinner with shakes with protein and 5 to 6 glasses of Afresh an antioxident drink.
    I have to see the result.

Good luck

vijiramanan

10. Neethu87

Neethu87 Gold IL'ite

Thanks for your concern SGA. Actually it is just my today's food. Even if i try i really cannot be very strict with my diet. As i said i easily distract. That too with my hubby he is a big foodie than me and he feels guilty eating anything tasty without me. I use to do fad diets now and then and then quit lose few kgs then gain some back type. And exercise too the same. suddenly ill go for walk and play shuttle then ill just stop. Now i dont want to do dieting and all. Because i have tried everything and realized all the mistakes i did. I am going to take this slow only. I did a big research and i still read shiva choubey and other ppl who lost weight sensibly stories. I will be shuffling my food menu and i am used to jumping jacks and LS and yoga. can do them to some extent. I really want to change my lifestyle only..

PS : Taking treatment to get conceive dear. With all those tablets i take which induce weight gain again i need to be careful with my calories. my dietician also suggested this for me. she even asked me to skip my dinner altogether and advised if you reduce your weight soon your treatment period will be less.. My body type is also like eat much one day next day ill gain a kg and if i cut off my calories ill lose a pound like that..

Please keep watching our thread and give us your valuable inputs..