1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Strengthening of Physical Fitness, Mental Fitness plus one Good Habit

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by darmesh, Mar 4, 2014.

1. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

Hi guys,

There are lots of threads in this section, devoted to reduction of weight, maintaining consistency in workouts, maintaining restrained eating etc,

This thread is started with an idea of planning and utilization of the most precious resource , that it TIME, in the process of keeping fit, both physically and mentally.

Plan For Physical Fitness

For physical fitness, obviously workouts are necessary. I plan to do at least 30 minutes workout , for at least 5 days of a week.

Plan For mental fitness

We eat three meals every day and do lot of workouts, to take care of the physical well being. Same way, It is necessary to give importance to the process of mental well being also. Anything which gives you strength in balance of your mind is good for you. For me meditation helps enormously in this process. I plan to spend 45 minutes in morning and 45 minutes in evening in meditation (two sittings per day)

Plan about Habit(s) I want to make consistent :

Subject Reading : I want to read for at least 45 minutes every working day, to make a consistent reading habit.

Hobby Reading : By, this means, I mean reading something which is not necessary for my daily working. But I want to read it out of my interest. Information Technology is my hobby reading. I plan to do it at least twice in a week, (at least one hour every week)

You are welcome to join me :

If you join, on every Monday or Tuesday, you declare your planning for this current week under the above three titles : 1) For physical Fitness 2) For Mental Fitness 3) Plan about a habit, you want to make consistent.

Tell, how much time you want to spend in each of these three activities.

Then, as the week progresses, let us share, how successfully we are able to execute the plan we make in the beginning of the week.

And, as the week ends, let us sum up our individual experiences. From the shortcomings of this week, we can learn lessons , which we can apply in the next week.

Let me repeat my plan for this week :

1) For Physical Fitness : 30 min per day of fast walking or fast cycling, at least 5 days a week.

2) For Mental Fitness : Two sittings of meditation each lasting for 45 minutes , every day.

3) Habits I want to make consistent : 45 minutes per day of (Work) Subject Reading and Weekly twice reading of Hobby subject (at least one hour every week)

Here we go..........

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
    8 people like this.

2. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

Re: Join me in utilization of the most precious resource, in the process of keeping f

3.3.14 Monday

Physical Fitness : No workouts.

Mental Fitness : 30 min meditation in morning & 45 min in evening.

Habit to be made consistent : 30 minutes reading.

3. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

Re: Join me in utilization of the most precious resource, in the process of keeping f

4.3.14 Tuesday

Physical Fitness : 30 minutes fast walking.

Mental Fitness : 40 min meditation in morning & 45 min in evening.

Habit to be made consistent : 30 minutes reading done (target is 45 min).

4. megha846

megha846 New IL'ite

I walk 5 days a week. 30 mins.. cant do more

5. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

That much is fine. For many years, I have been doing that much only, that is, 30 minutes per day and 5 days in a week.

Do you do any activities to tune your balance of mind ? Do you have a desire to make any one habit (example reading) consistent ?

Then, you are most welcome to join me in this thread. Please join me.

6. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

My efforts to build consistency in the last one week :

Physical Fitness :

My target : workouts, at least 30 minutes per day, for at least 5 days of a week, to a total of at least 150 minutes in a week

Achieved :

3.3.14 Monday - No workouts

4.3.14 Tuesday -30 minutes fast walking

5.3.14 Wednes - 20 minutes fast walking

6.3.14 Thurs - 30 min fast cycling

7.3.14 Friday - No workouts

8.3.14 Sat - 40 min fast walking

9.3.14 Sunday - 20 min fast cycling and 10 min fast walking

Total duration of fast workouts : 150 minutes

Mental Fitness :

Target : Meditation , To spend at least 45 minutes morning and 45 minutes in evening for it

Achieved :

3.3.14 Mon - Morning :20 min, Evening : 45min

4.3.14 Tue - Morning :45 min, Evening : 45 min

5.3.14 Wed- Morning :35 min, Evening 45 min

6.3.14 Thu- Morning :45 min, Evening :45 min

7.3.14 Fri - Morning :Nil, Evening : 45 min

8.3.14 Sat- Morning :20 min, Evening :50 min

9.3.14 Sun-Morning : 45 min, Evening : Nil

One habit, I want to make consistent :

Reading : Target - To spend at least 45 days per day

Achieved :

3.3.14 Mon - 30 min

4.3.14 Tue - 30 min

5.3.14 Wed- 30 min

6.3.14 Thu - Nil

7.3.14 Fri- Nil

8.3.14 Sat - Nil

9.3.14 Sun - 35 min

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  7. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

On the three fronts, I want to build consistency, first, in workouts, I achieved what I targeted.

Second, in meditation, I achieved 80 % of what I targeted.

Third, in habit, Reading, I achieved less than 50 % of what I targeted. This coming week, I will try to be nearly 100 % close to the target in Reading also.

8. positivegal

positivegal Gold IL'ite

HI Darmesh,

Thats really nice idea to achieve both physical and mental fitness.

I go to gym 3 days and take 1 day off..so its like 5 days a week

I do 45-1 hr excercise

like 20 mins- threadmill, 10 mins eliptical, abdomincal crunches, abductor etc..

I already started to feel good.

I am thinking to do some home excercises in the evning for reducing belly fat too.

I also like reading, may be I should alos make it consistent too..

I am in to this fitness thread friendssmiley

I have to reduce 15-20kgs by June :hide:

1 person likes this.
  9. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

Most welcome Positivegal ! Here what we will focus is on Consistency ! Let us work hard and leave the results to Nature !

I am focussing on three things :

1) Work outs for Physical Fitness

2) Meditation for Mental Fitness (if you think, your yoga , suryanamaskar or simply prayers augment your Mental Fitness, then start giving as much importance to it, as you give to your physical fitness )

3) One habit, you want to make consistent and a habit ( I have chosen reading, you can choose reading or something similar to it ). I desperately want to achieve a consistent reading habit.

10. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

first you declare to me, your plan for this week starting from today. I mean your targets of how much work outs you plan for this week.