1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Lunch Ideas - Creating Balanced Vegetarian Meals

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Shanvy, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

WE used to have a thread by shiva on what healthy meals we had..could not trace it. i have been hijacking priya's thread to post my lunch thalis. a friend asked me to post the whole of the ideas on a separate thread for reference and ideas. she said it is difficult to go through the number of pages to find the post..i wondered if this idea will work out..

then thought let me give it a try and if it works let it continue to be a base for ideas for lunch, which is the most difficult meal to plan, as we are in a hurry with breakfast and are real miserly with our dinner. I believe a good balanced lunch will help in keeping those sugars and energy balanced and will help in planning our dinner and also the hogging on the 4 clock snack a little less..

what say friends..

will copy the other thalis here.. but let me start with todays' lunch.. and now all of you share your ideas too..like manju has these amazing protein based south beach diet going on..you can find some wonderful recipes there. even there are wonderful recipes from the weightlossgroup 2013. this is just to try to have it in one place..

whoever said deiting, or eating healthy meant tasteless ghaas phoos. you can still make your lunch/dinner healthy tasty with striking the right balance and keeping that calories under control. now dearies don't ask me what is the calorie count of each..i roughly work on a lunch plate of 400calories..somedays it get there other days it is <400. (who is counting strictly!!!)

here i go...

NishanthNN, bemera, PLK and 24 others like this.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

forgive me fore the quality of the pictures. it is only for ideas.

. gh.jpg

Oats(Carbs), bowl of tomato+dal rasam, curds, pickled beets. beans in a chili,jeera and coconut gravy..(actually you can add onions but i have avoided it), vallarai greens. (brahmi)

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

IMG_0818.JPG

oats+besan roti's pickled beets and carrots, puli inji, carrot kootu, yam sabji (bowl of sambhar and yoghurt missing in the picture)

who said eating food with lower carbs is not interesting...it is ..

Abirami78, anika987, maggi32 and 18 others like this.
  4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

another of my lunch plate for ideas..now who said oil free and sensible food cannot be colorful or tasty..

20131125_130310.jpg

the roti is ragi with kasoorimethi,cumin, the bowl has some hot lemon rasam, the beets are pickled, the sabji is beans , the chutney is mint and curry leaves..

the glass is buttermilk spiked with ajwain,hing and black salt...

and absolutely oil free..

Aarushi, shravs3, Abirami78 and 15 others like this.
  5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

IMG_3373.JPG

today my kids lunch box had lemon rice, cabbage kootu, curd rice, cucumber+guava+carrot salad with sprinkle of chaat masala. been busy to prepare anything special..

lemon barley, curd barley with sprinkle of spicy flax seed powder (barley tends to be bland), cabbage sabji, salad without the guava and chat masala, ginger chutney and mwed moong papad.. have a restriction on eating cabbage, so had to compensate wtih papad..though initially i had plans of making bittergourd..no time.

Hemkri, Abirami78, Doree and 17 others like this.
  6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

lapsi, drumstick radish sambhar, curds, sepakankizhangu curry (just a spoon of oil for the whole lot) and chow chow kootu..

IMG_3382.JPG

Abirami78, Doree, saras123 and 11 others like this.
  7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

IMG_1035.JPG today lunch..steamed beans with a sprinkle of flax+spices, cauliflower+black eyed peas gravy, curds, barley, tomato kootu, and coriander chutney...

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

20131210_1329191.jpg lapsi with knolkhol (kohlrabi) sambhar (ofcourse lots for my plate-knolkhol), curds, plantain stem saute, koor kizhangu, (A variety of root, that is seasonal and said to be good) and curds..

Doree, singam2, muthuswathi and 7 others like this.
  9. revathysiva

revathysiva Bronze IL'ite

Hi

Pls give receipe for pickled beets and carrots and lemon barley.

10. revathysiva

revathysiva Bronze IL'ite

SORRY KNOW THIS IS NOT THE PLACE, BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO CATCH YOU.. hence posting here so that I get your reply:wink:

Hi Shanvy (your old posts with the Subject: Kuppaimeni leaves I hope you remember..)

Was browsing for natural herbs for hair removal and got this.
    I want it for my daughter (black spots in chin -root and hair are very visible)
    could you pls provide names of herbs or medicines your doctor prescribed for hair removal.