1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Lunch Ideas - Creating Balanced Vegetarian Meals

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Shanvy, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

writera lovely plate. enjoy the weekend.

1 person likes this.
  2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

it has been raining very heavily from yesterday. we lost power for a few hours today.

i wanted to make something without oil for my dd who is sick. since it is a tradition to cook in oil for diwali.but she cannot have. so made these murrukku without oil but just a little butter.

IMG_0236.JPG and there is a story behind the ingredients of the white murukku. it so happened that i was having 1/2 cup of all the little millets- samai, thinai, kudiravali and varagu. i had this crazy ideas..add a fist of urad dal, tur dal and a spoon of pepper and jeera and got it milled. i made dosas and they were so crispy like rava dosa. and today i used the same flour to try these..interesting nah..when you start experimenting sky is the limit. the kids certified that both the murrukkus the brown is ragi. were melt in the mouth and crisp. only thing is there was no oil. if the feel of oil was in it.it wins over the fried ones..yaay...

so you want to try rice murukku with urad flour or besan flour. follow the same procedure as regular..only line up a alum. foil..and make your murukkus on the sheet..and bake at 180 for around 20minutes and rest it..amazingly crisp crunch ones..

not great pictures today...but you can still feel the crispness..

13 people like this.
  3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

this one is for your latha... so much in the news.

.nilavembu kudineer..

Special section for giving
    Patent for Nilavembu Kudineer soon | Deccan Chronicle

the pictures are self explanatory..if you still have doubts do buzz..will answer after diwali..and i give this most days early in the morning. soak it and boil it. i don't add anything to it. we have got used to drinking it as it is.
    they have fever reducing, body ache relieving and immunity raising properties.

IMG_20141018_070117.jpg IMG_20141018_065757.jpg IMG_20141018_070607.jpg

6 people like this.
  4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

IMG_20141018_202215.jpg IMG_20141018_203821.jpg

neethu and cb this one is for you..

again pictures are self explanatory.. organic turmeric (believe me it is worth the few extra bucks..amazing flavors and color), pepper corn and palm candy..

the milk that could help during cold/cough..

8 people like this.
  5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

ok dear friends,

i hope i still stay connected to all of you tomorrow. i keep fingers crossed on both power and internet with the heavy rains.

if i am not able to catch up happy diwali.

magee and neethu enjoy this year as couple..next year you will be celebrating with your lo.. sravani wonderful. little hero checking and taking care of mamma and little one..hugs from me. enjoy diwali.

cvmam, thanks a lot for your wishes and blessings.

cb, bhucat, damini, everhappy, vani, lako9, sga, latha, deeps, priya, sb mahe and all my silent friends happy diwali. maythis festival of lights bring in more brighter lights and happiness into your lives.

and yes 21st is dhanteras and yama deepam. the time is 17.40+ to 18.55 is the muhurat. and if you do not have an idea of yama deepam, check it out here..
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/chitvish-on-hindu-culture-vedanta/10128-let-us-all-light-yama.html

and the deepavali pooja..
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/pujas-prayers-and-slokas/3121-deepavali-puja-14.html#post3417788

10 people like this.
  6. Magee

Magee Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hello all,

Thank you CV.

Writera - Yummy Platter!

Sravanitenali - Congrats!!!

Shanvy - Murukku looks super crispy, hope you are in full swing for diwali sweet & snacks preparation. And Informative links never know about Yama Deepam, will light from this year:thumbsup

Happy Diwali to all.

Here... Diwali shopping is over but i have not started preparing with anything till, due to heavy rain not able to go for grocery shopping:bonkPlanning to start by today atleast.

3 people like this.
  7. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a lot Shanti Di. milk recipe for Cold and Cough looks amazing. Will definitely try it out. Currently having expectorant cough syrups and it brings out phlegm, but with whatever I eat as well. :((( Lost my appetite also. battling with it for last 1 week, now wheezing for last 2 days. hopefully I recoup soon.
    BTW - My LO was there for last diwali itself. :wink:
    Murukku looks awesome...yumsmiley

Congrats Magee - Happy mommying from now on..:mrgreen: Take care.

Happy and Safe Diwali to all you wonderful ladies. Have a great time with family and friends

1 person likes this.
  8. EverHappy

EverHappy Platinum IL'ite

Thank you soo much Shanvy, Wish you and your family too a very happy deepavali. Hope your DD is recovering now.

Do take care of your health. What lovely snacks. The day before I was ogling at murukus on a website, and not having a chakli press kep me away from thinking more about it. But, loved your baked versions. Won't be bale to get the press in time for the festival but will try some baking taking cues from your ideas.

Such a kind heart, isn't these small gestures that make one feel so loved. So sweet of you to make snacks for your friend. Kindness in heart is great but put into action is even greater and that's when it goes a full circle.

Happy Diwali all my dear friends, May God bless you and your family.
    Love,
    EH

2 people like this.
  9. SunNaa

SunNaa Platinum IL'ite

Hello guys, I have been missing from this thread for so long!

didn't read the previous pages but read shanvy's post n came to know about such good news! Congrats Sravani and Magee ! Wish you both a happy n healthy pregnancy!

@shanvy : how's your DD now? hope she's feeling better! Wishing you n your family a very happy Diwali!

Happy Diwali to all my friends here! :)

2 people like this.
  10. anurar20

anurar20 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ladies

Can anyone tell me when is Lakshmi Kubera pooja