1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

South beach diet my recipes

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by manjubashini, Nov 25, 2013.

1. manjubashini

manjubashini IL Hall of Fame

My Ayurvedic doctor has advised me take up this SBD diet. She says it will surely be helpful to shake my body fat which doesnt allow me maintain or loose some decent weight. I would be posting my update and recipes as well .

Today"s B/f Day 1

Egg , flax seed, veg scramble.

Egg---1
    Flax seed pdr---1 tb spoon
    Cauliflower grated---1/4 cup
    Cabbage grated-----1/4 cup
    Onion----1
    Tomato--1
    green chilli-1
    chilli pdr --1/4 spoon
    turmeric pdr--1 pinch
    salt as much as low we can
    Saute all veg and add egg and spices one by one. And at last sprinkle flax seed pdr make sure that might not stick to the pan.

8 people like this.

2. manjubashini

Rajma and black urad masala low fat version which i tried yesterday.

Rajma----1/2 cup
    Black urad---1/4 cup
    onion----2
    tomato---2
    ginger garlic paste---1 spoons
    cilantro---1 fistful
    Green chillies--2
    chilli pdr
    coriander pdr
    turmeric
    garam masala
    salt
    oil 2 spoons

Cook Beans and urad until soft not too mash. Grind Onion, tomato, green chillies, ginger garlic paste. Heat oil in pan add grinded paste and sautee later add chilli pdr, coriander pdr, salt and garam masala saute well until the raw smell goes off. Now add cooked beans & urad let it cook for 10 mins and form a thick masala. Add chooped coriander and Rajma, urad dhal masala ready to serve.

7 people like this.
  3. melon123

melon123 IL Hall of Fame

good thread manju... it will surely motivate you to be on track... hmm and thanks for posting the recipies as well... most of us will be benefited... all the best dear...

1 person likes this.
  4. Akineel

Akineel Platinum IL'ite

Nice Recipies dear... Will join you in this plan from saturday... Me too planned for 2kg loss before new year and will reach that...on spl days now... with back and leg pains could not cook and ordered food outside...

1 person likes this.
  5. manjubashini

Today's lunch

Moong dhal dosa, bhindi masala, keerai masiyal.

diet day 1.jpg

I am a person who cant live with soups and only veggies....while googling about SBD the blogger ate only Yellow moong dhal soup and veg's for lunch. But my mind told why cant i have a moong dhal dosa:evil:.

Moong dhal dosa

Yellow moong dhal---1/2 cup
    green chilli---1
    jeera---1/2 spoon
    salt

Soak Moong dhal for 2 hrs and later grind it like dosa batter with green chilli , jeera and salt. Make thick dosa. It's too filling and yummy.

Next keerai masiyal and bhindi this is an usual recipe my kids favourite.

Keerai masiyal

Keerai ----1 bunch(greens) not Palak
    onion---1
    tomato---1
    red chillies---3
    tamarind--- small marble size
    salt
    It's so simple recipe can make it jiffy. Clean keerai and wash remove the thick stems and chop it roughly. chop onion and tomato. In a pan add chopped keerai, onion, tomato,red chillies, tamarind and cook. Later cool it and grind it coarsely and salt. Temper it with mustard.

Bhindi

Bhindi----1/2 kg
    chilli pdr---1 spoon
    coriander pdr---1 spoon
    Turmeric
    Curd---1 tablespoon
    oil---1 table spoon
    salt

In a vok add oil and let it heat. Add bhindi and saute well until the stickyness goes off. Add Curd which helps to avoid the stickyness and it helps out in less usage of oil as well. add up the spices one by one and close it with a lid and allow to cook and roast until done.

15 people like this.
  6. manjubashini

Thanks Melon. I would be happy if it's useful for you too. I think by sharing my daily recipes here i might stay on track and i would too enjoy some cooking for myself.

7. manjubashini

Thanks Akila. Sure if you could join me i will be more excited and motivated. Take care of health dear. Let us reduce some weight before New year. friendssmiley

1 person likes this.
  8. manjubashini

Today's workout. Ls walk
    Kapalbathi 200 counts.

One of my got doubt how come my dishes are so shiny laugh1smileywhether i do use more oil. A big nooooo it's b'cos of my camera flash. Even keerai masiyal is shining which i used only 1/2 spoon oil to temper. From tomo i wud try to click without flash.

4 people like this.
  9. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

Wow.. good to see your recipes dear..

I don't know the tip to avoid the stickiness and oil in bhendi.. Will apply it tom and let you know.. :)

Also for moong dal dosa, you can add little sour curd while grinding which gives you a nice texture. I used to add grated carrot/cabbage/beetroot/or a mix of all these veggies..

1 person likes this.
  10. manjubashini

Thanks Sabari . Sure try out bhindi and let me know tomo. Yes i would incorporate more veg's if i take this dosa as B/f. Dosa was already very soft surely add curd next time........ while googling i found many varieties in same dosa which i will try out later.

1 person likes this.