1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Start celebrating Non-Scale victories...

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Shanvy, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

I know some of you must be wondering why does she start new threads when she does not find the time to drop in acknowledgement for the comments, and the answer to that is, i don't find time literally speaking i don't find much time between taking care of my son post-op, and attending physio sessions for my spine and bone spurs..oouch sounds pitiful..but no i am not looking for pity, just stating a fact..

now stop digressing shanvy, (I hear you). what is non-scale victories.
    There are a few of my fellow weight loss buddies who have not lost much but have a lot to celeberate in this journey. well who said exercise, maintaining shape was always about the number on the scale. sometimes it is more than that, and i am testimony to that.

Some of them have moved from not being able to exercise to committed and consistent exercise and moving their body. some have done amazingly wonderful. there are others who have lost weight, conceived delivered and are hopping back on the wagon to healthy weight loss.

I believe every one of us have something to share which may not be pertaining to a gms/pounds or kgs..

so start the music, let the fun and positivity about exercising rub on to others who feel that a no dip in the scale is a failure.

let us talk about progress whether slow or sl...o...w.. is progress as long as you are moving.

come on let us cheer all those people who feel they are off the track and have gained weight..

11 people like this.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Let me talk about my Non-scale victories..

being able to still walk..imagine if i still carried that excess kgs, i would have been bed ridden completely for inability to move. today, i have learnt to work around my restricted physical activity. i have learnt there is more to exercise , the will to not be beaten..

Learning that life's battles don't go away, when i think they don't exist or just shut myself..they are easier to face, heads on, when i believe in myself and take it by the horn..the belief that one day it will be my victory march out there...

My recent non-scale victory is learning to exercise sitting in a chair..oh my good lord, if you want to know there are a whole bunch of people with disabilities who are working out better than the able ones.. so i have drawn some inspiration from people around the world who are working towards a better self..

what is stopping you??

satchitananda and anjanag like this.
  3. melon123

melon123 IL Hall of Fame

hi shanvy.. glad to c u here with a new thread...

hope u had a nice diwali celebrations with family and friends....

i pray for your son's speedy recovery!!!!

yes yaar.. sometimes i feel to throw my scale from 5th floor of my apartment....
    in the beginning for the year i lost almost 12 kgs of my 2nd pregnancy.. after that my weight loss had slowed down... but there are lot of physical changes.. plus improvement in health... following a healthy regime has helped in maintaining my weight.. am very happy about it... i dont gain more than 1 0r 2 kg even if i go off track for a month...

my thyroid and other related reports were all normal...

thou i feel just relaying on scale is not weightloss... still i keep checking my weight very often just to keep myself on track....:hide:

4. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Good start Shanthi Mam...How is your son doing??Take of your health..

Hmmm...about me, with my higher studies,kids,all the housechores(I know these are all lament excuses,but still..), I really hesitate doing excercises....but WILL DO it :yes:...The Victory from my side:
    1.I came near to my pre-preg weight(It was 58 then, now am 59.5)..
    2.Maintaing this weight for the past 1 1/4 years...:wink:..
    3.Still I fit all my pre-preg dresses :exactly:

Have to be very careful about my snacking part..then only I could reduce my belly Witsend

6 people like this.
  5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

M,

love would you believe, you were one of the people in my mind when i started this thread. you are one of those people who started on a very dejected note to becoming one of the key motivators and cheer leaders . you are so positive these days, and cheerful, and i am sure you will lose the rest of the weight so what if we take two steps back for ever 1 step forward.. it does not affect as long as you know what you want..

i am suring you are more active and a great cheerful mom to your kids and your family is happy with you in great spirits..i believe all these are non-scale victories..

and keep posting here and motivating others, even if i go mia..

there are lot of people here who could do with you dose of positivity.

1 person likes this.
  6. melon123

melon123 IL Hall of Fame

yes dear... u and shiva have always been a big motivation to me...

yep my kiddies keep me on toe and i have all the energy for them till my lo sleeps at 12 am...

yep i am not gonna step back until i reach my target weight... no problem if it takes one more year....

i have already mentioned this when i started my weightloss journey.. i want to lose weight for my husband and kids and also for being a healthy human being...

the biggest non scale victory for me so far is that i am able to do my prayers with right postures... because of weight gain after 2nd c-section i was doing my prayers sitting on chair... now i do it with full energy and no chair any more:thumbsup

3 people like this.
  7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

My silly non-scale victories is looking at mirrors in showrooms or at other places..i always shunned mirrors..these days i don't mind looking at myself if i am standing in front of one.. that is a great victory for somebody who never looked into one even when forced..

2 people like this.
  8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

M, wow, see this is what i was talking when i meant non-scale victories simple things like doing our prayers int he right posture is a great milestone for self.. kudos to you...

1 person likes this.
  9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Prana, love thanks for the wishes. ds is better, but we are careful with him.

now you make me smile about pre-preg dresses and fitting and all.. a wonderful feeling right and guess you are one of those lucky ones. .it is almost 15 years..and i am in far better than i was 15 years ago. my diwali pictures got comments like amazing transformation, looking chic...:-D

2 people like this.
  10. SGA

SGA IL Hall of Fame

I have Gain weight as well as inches but I check my weight .. ..Infact if my weight shows less , i check my weight again n again till it come to original weight laugh1smiley.... Not a Big Fan of seeing changes on scale but want to look good in mirror

I have not reach to a point where i can see my self in mirror and like the way i look ...My mirror motivates me to do workout ...... I come in range of small frame but currently i have to wear L size cloths ... I need to Take myself to M size

I always try to do atleast 30min workout ( except on Sundays n not well ) .....

What i learned more is " I know i am Fat but rather than crying i prefer trying to change myself " ...Good lines na .. will updates it in my signature :)

10 people like this.