1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Buds journey starts again

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Buds, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Buds

Buds IL Hall of Fame

Dear all,

I started my weight loss journey several times, couldn't succeed yet. I won't leave IL till I reach my target weight, if I am away firm IL I tend to put more weight. Many success stories of IL friends help me to keep on my track. I will update my weight here on every Friday.

Today
    19.04.13 @ 69 Kg

Walked 60 mins on treadmill after 1 month gap.
    Diet was not good, when I realized my weight gain I tend to eat more junk food/ emotional eating.

PLK, NAshwini, p4peacock and 8 others like this.

2. rmpriya

rmpriya IL Hall of Fame

Welcome back dear .

Buds , you were 64 Kgs in March . You gained 5 Kgs in 1.5 months ?

1 person likes this.
  3. Buds

Buds IL Hall of Fame

Dear Priya,
    I was 62 in 31st Dec. 2012, 64-63-64 range in March 2013, Yesterday when I checked my weight scale showed 69. I was passing through very bad face in my life, always end up with chocolates on mood swings, when I am under pressure I tend to eat more chocolates / junk food. My mistake I can't complain, now all that stuff shows on my body. Past is past, I want to reduce few kilos. Thanks dear for your warm welcome. I need strong motivation from some one like you.

3 people like this.
  4. ChandrikaV

ChandrikaV IL Hall of Fame

Buds,

You can do it......what you had gained in a short time is easy to lose too. Staying off of chocolates and junk will help. I love your avatar.....it is great and so true.

What you have written about your emotional eating is so true for me too. The only way I handle it is by not keeping any chocolates or junk home. I buy when I crave, eat and then go forward. Yes it is cheaper to buy bigger packages than individual servings......but since it is better. for my waist, I go with single servings.

Good luck....
    Love
    Chandrika

1 person likes this.
  5. rmpriya

rmpriya IL Hall of Fame

No worries dear . We are going to give up till we reach our target . Even I have gained couple of Kgs in the past 1 / 2 months . I am little busy for the next 2 weeks (Shifting home and Summer trips ) .From 1st week of May we will interact more .

1 person likes this.
  6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

buds dear, your avatar says it all. for the past few months life could have not been on more faster roller coster with so many steep modes for me, and the moods to binge was/is always there. but i try to tell myself not to. i believe, it is the emotional eating that does more harm than eating for pleasure. our brain reacts to the emotional eating differently is my view point.(finding excuses to tell myself) but whatever you eat sticks to us as grams is so true, albeit inches is noted later..

now chocolates, how about pampering yourself with just a bit of it instead of the whole bar. the trick is to eat, not deprive or feel guilty later.

You have done the right thing seeking support. boost up your moods with a different hobby when you feel low. for me music works so does reading a book.

when the craving hits, just move away from the source of temptation. it will be difficult but is possible.

we are all here to root for you. you can do it buds...:thumbsup

4 people like this.
  7. sridevi1977

sridevi1977 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Buds,
    Me too... sailing on the same boat...gained couple of pounds in one month...sure the happenings around us has the ability to turn us upside down...It is now the time for us to take the challenge and emerge back. It is natural to slip off. similarly, it is so natural it will take time to repair... meanwhile it is our responsibility to work on building the strength that we lost...Gud luck dear... wish me the same...
    let us be strong , accept what happened and work further to make ourselves more better than who we are right now....

2 people like this.
  8. cedantseq

cedantseq New IL'ite

well i am in your category only, hope your determination inspires me too

1 person likes this.
  9. Buds

Buds IL Hall of Fame

Hi dear, your words made my day. Thanks a lot for sharing your tips.

10. Buds

Buds IL Hall of Fame

Dear,
    These kind of motivation I am looking for, you guys are doing great by offering support to all like me. Thanks a million.

1 person likes this.