1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

How to shed weight as a thyroid patient?

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by coolblues, Apr 10, 2013.

1. coolblues

coolblues Platinum IL'ite

This post is part of the Q&A series on Fitness that has been answered by Ms. Kiran Chhabra, Fitness Expert.

I have thyroid (taking 25mcg), I have prolonged bleeding problem due to hormonal imbalance & PCOS. So when I exercise, I bleed because of which I am scared to do any exercise except normal walking. I am suffering from thyroid problem too. Because of prolonged bleeding sometimes it becomes heavy due to which I don’t even go for my walks as walking brings lot of discomfort. How can I shred extra pounds and keep myself fit?

Prolonged bleeding often leads to tiredness and lack of energy.It can also lower down one's level of Hemoglobin. I suggest you consult your doctor before starting any exercise program. A mild walk for a span of 45 mins to one hour is sufficient for you to maintain your weight. For weight loss you can try making some dietary changes, as banishing all whites from your diet,for e.g., white bread,rice,sugar.

Once your thyroid levels stabilize, you need to start with walking daily for at least an hour, once your body tunes to walking try and introduce little jogging into your walks ,try walking for 10 mins and jog for 3 mins. Keep increasing your jogging mins day by day. If jogging is making you tired or fatigued, then try some simple basic yoga postures for weight loss.

Know more on

How do I control my food cravings?

Show me the rest of the questions in this series

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013