1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

About gm diet plan

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by shakthi54, Jan 2, 2013.

1. shakthi54

shakthi54 New IL'ite

Hi friends,

i am unmarried girl and i my height is 163cm and my weight is 92kg...i tried many diet plan,exercise and .....but its works only staring but not proper result...

i found that gm diet gives great result...is any of you tried gm diet...is its work for me...its give me best result...its have any side effect...please guide me...i going to try it....

Thanks in advance!

Admin Note: Here are relevant links on GM Diet

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/indian-diet-and-nutrition/1593-how-gm-diet-works.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/k...shape/27793-new-diet-chart-my-experience.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/k...pe/95108-general-motors-weight-loss-diet.html

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2013

2. pranatim

pranatim Platinum IL'ite

Hello Sakthi,
    GM diet works wonder. It does not have any side effects. I tried it for a week and lost almost 4 kgs. Just take this chart and stick to it and let me know about the result.

Day 1: All fruit day (except bananas). Take as much fruit as you can and of any type. The most beneficial are melons, especially watermelon, in large quantities.

Day 2: All vegetables day (no more that one boiled potato at breakfast). Other vegetables (boiled and not fried, ie no oil at all), as much as you can as many times a day as you can.

Day 3: Fruit and vegetables both (no bananas or potatoes), as much as you can, as many times you can.

Day 4: Six bananas and three glasses of milk spread over the whole day.

Day 5: Tomato and rice day : Minimum six raw tomatoes (or maybe more than that). You can cook the tomatoes and only one cup of rice without oil. A minimum of 13 glasses of water is necessary today.

Day 6: All vegetables day (same as Day 2) + one cup of boiled rice

Day 7: All vegetables day (same as Day 2) + one cup of boiled rice

Important notes :

You have to have a minimum of 10 glasses of water each day, except Day 5 when you have 13 glasses.
    A soup consisting of only water, carrots, cabbage, peas, celery, tomatoes and garlic and ginger (I used the last two for taste, although they are not part of the diet) can be consumed as many times and as much you want on any day. Use some salt -- I used it in limited quantities every day, which is not prohibited.
    The GM is not essentially a weight loss diet, but mostly referred to as a detox diet -- weight loss is an added benefit.
    Don't repeat it too quickly -- give yourself at least three days between two cycles to establish a rhythm with your body.

3. shakthi54

shakthi54 New IL'ite

Thank you so much friend....for sharing your words and its really very much useful to me and i started gm diet ....today is my first day .....and i took fruits like apple,papaya,guava,pin apple....with water and lime water....and i do 20 mins walking in the morning...and its going good...and i hope i will be full finish my gm diet as much as possible...

Thanks once again!

4. pranatim

pranatim Platinum IL'ite

Thanks a lot Shakthi,
    Just concentrate on it and eat as much as you can dont starve.

1 person likes this.
  5. shakthi54

shakthi54 New IL'ite

hi friend,

to day is my 5th day and i am very much happy to share you that i have loss more then 3kg till now..and i can't imagine that i still follow the diet without any breaking...1st three days i was very difficult to manage...but now its really easy for me in diet...

thank you friend...and i am happy to share this information to you!

6. anuyogam1988

anuyogam1988 Gold IL'ite

I followed Gm diet once. I lost 7 kgs. Last year I was 75kg and my height is 168cm.Now I am 56.Once you are done with GM diet, you should be very careful. You will have to reduce the quantity of normal food and add more fruits and salads in your daily meal.

7. shakthi54

shakthi54 New IL'ite

thank you for your reply..but i just now only saw it....i finished my gm diet fully without any break...and i lost only 3kg and its only from 1st three days of diet after that it wont reduce...
    after finishing the gm diet i taken normal diet without any restriction and again l gain the 3kg...what to do now???

And i have taking gm diet like the following

1 - fruits only (not banana)
    2.- all vegetables
    3 - fruits+veg(not banana, potato)
    4 - 6 banana + 3 glass milk
    5 - sprouts
    6 - sprouts
    7 - brown rice +veg salad

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  8. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Shakthi, my understanding of GM diet or any weekly diet for that matter is, you loose weight in the first 3-4 days because the body is cleansing all the toxins from the body. It clears even your intestines. That is why you will see a weight drop. However, that does not mean that you actually burning the fat. Burning the fat alone is what will get you the long term, lasting results. So, the moment you stop GM diet (as it is not recommended to do it for long period of time), you will start gaining weight as the cleansing process slows down. Since you were not burning any fat to begin with, you will start putting weight with you regular food intake; unless you are very careful to avoid any fatty/oily food even after you stop GM diet.

You will need a consistent diet plan to help you reduce weight slowly. It doesn't mean you will be starving yourself. You simply will start eating healthy and start exercise.

Hope this cleared up your doubts about why you put that 3 kgs right back as you stopped the diet. If you want you can Read my other thread about my success story, in this same section. I talked about exactly the same issue.

2 people like this.
  9. shakthi54

shakthi54 New IL'ite

Thank you so much friend, i really very much happy now...thanks for your valuable comments and its also very useful for me.