1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Differences between Physical Activity and Fitness Exercises

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by coolblues, Jan 2, 2013.

1. coolblues

coolblues Platinum IL'ite

197.jpg 198.jpg

There is enough stress that a body should have enough physical activity to maintain good fitness. Have you ever wondered what the differences between physical activity and fitness are?

Physical activity is anything that involves contraction of the body muscles. Most household chores including gardening, climbing stairs, cleaning, walking are all examples of physical activity. Physical activities are considered light and moderate in intensity. Fitness experts opine that exercises are required if you wish to achieve certain health benefits. This largely enhances the body fitness. Exercises are planned, structured, repetitive and purposeful. Fitness exercises are more intensive which revs up the heart rate, builds endurance, strength, flexibility of the body. While all these are possible with physical activities, you can achieve greater benefits with fitness exercises.

How do you know if an activity is intensive or not? If you can walk and can still talk, then it is of moderate intensity. If you catch your breath, it is vigorous.

As a start, you can increase the intensity of physical activities by increasing its amount – walking for more minutes. However, to attain more fitness and health goals, it is recommended to add more vigorous activities into your daily routine.

So, what do you have in your schedule? Physical activity or fitness exercise?

4 people like this.

2. cedantseq

cedantseq New IL'ite

thanks for the tips

3. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

nice tips........
    its very easy to change phycial avtivity ti exercise...........like try to climb the stairs 2 at a time or run up the stairs....
    walk or stroll but in between have a burst of high speed for a minute,slow down for 2 mins & then again the burst of speed......
    gardening when weeding stand up after every minute & the bend again to weed.....or water the plants with quick walk to & fro around the plant bed,taking couple of turns before the plant bed is fully watered....

play with kids .......if you have small kids,put them in stroller & take walk with kids or with older kids let them cycle as you walk along with them.....

2 people like this.
  4. manjubashini

manjubashini IL Hall of Fame

Hi coolblues nice one. I am with the both physical activity and fitness exercises. i do all the household chores, climbing the stairs up and down of 2 floors to reach my home atleast 2 times daily. As Mahajan said playing and dancing with kids. walking in the shopping malls which i just love to do for hours.

5. ParomaSen2411

ParomaSen2411 Bronze IL'ite

As a fitness freak I'd just like to share one thing - fitness involves voluntarily making your body break out into a sweat so you tone your muscles and stay fit. Activity helps to keep the body flexible and healthy in different ways. Without both, one would put on weight faster. With at least one of the two there is still a chance of staying fit.

3 people like this.
  6. rohini79

rohini79 Senior IL'ite

hi there,

thanks for starting this thread..it is very important for each one of us to incorporate exercise while doing physical activities .Repetition of any physical form of activity will lead to development of muscle and hence automatically exercise so just start repetition fro atleast 3 times of each activity and than increase one by one will definitely help you to maintain your body fit...At the same time while sitting down and up try breathing patterns so your lungs get enough oxygen and hence you have started with breathing exs along with physical activity.

7. coolblues

Great inputs, rohini79. Thanks!!

8. agnath

agnath Silver IL'ite

very well explained, I feel all the physical activities also add to our fitness, but us we need to be particular about our posters etc,. Fitness activities is dedicated effort for improvement of our body which is a very focused activity. I have found some simpler form like "surya namaskar" set of exercise very very helpful in overall maintenance of health.

9. coolblues

Yes, agnath, I personally feel Surya Namaskar is one exercise that covers every muscle in the body, including breathing pattern!

10. coolblues

You can test your typing skills, elsewhere :)