1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Tips to buy the right exercise shoe

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by coolblues, Dec 19, 2012.

1. coolblues

coolblues Platinum IL'ite

144.jpg

A pair of good shoes is worth an investment for your everyday exercise routine. If you are not comfortable in your shoes, you may easily give up a routine due to discomfort and pain. Good shoes will provide good support to feet and will help in the right body alignment. It will also motivate you to increase the time spent doing an exercise routine. Here are few tips that will help you find the right pair of shoes.

Purpose: Before you decide to buy shoes, determine the activity for which you need shoes - if it is going to be a sport, running or workout. There are different types of specialty shoes that are available. For instance, running shoes provide more rear and front support when tennis shoes provide more side support.

Shop in the Evening
    : This thumb rule applies when you are shopping any type of shoe. The feet swell due to pressure and can expand when you run or walk. Therefore, the shoes should fit when they are at their largest size.

Leave Space
    : There should be about 3/8 to ½ inch space between the longest toe and the end of the shoe. This way you will experience more comfort. Your shoe should also be not too lose moving forward and backward when you move.

Fit the shape of your foot
    : Check if the shoe has good support. The insole should be able to absorb pressure. If you do not have good support, consider getting orthotic inserts. This will prevent foot pain.

Test the Shoe
    : Wear the shoe with socks, move, walk and do the activity for which you are purchasing the shoe. Never try by just sitting and removing it off. Check if you are feeling comfortable as soon as you wear them.

Do you have any other tips to buy a good running or exercise shoe?

1 person likes this.

2. svh14

svh14 Senior IL'ite

Thanks for sharing useful info

3. RajSai

RajSai Platinum IL'ite

I did not know these thumb rules. Actually, I got swellings in last little finger with 2-pairs of new shoes. 1-pair I gave to a poor family as I did not want to waste it. I have another pair in which I my last little finger swells and pains whenever I use for walking.
    So these tips are really handy to get the right ones and also to protect your feet. Thanks a lot.