1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Reduce Belly Fat

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by asirabanu, Jun 18, 2005.

1. rs18

rs18 Senior IL'ite

Re: Reduce weight around tummy...

Hi All,

Just peeping thru ur posts wud like to share some of the tips learnt from my very own expnce

1. Make a note that u cannot tend to lose all the pounds that h've gained
    in such a hurry . moreover ite really bad working that way too

2. Everything has its own sweet time so pls sit & work u r sure to find the difference

3. Ensure that ur diet contains more & more of fibre rich foods . fibres are of 2 types soluble & insoluble . they help to slow the digestion thus making us feel more at stomach.

4. avoid junk foods such as chips, fries, pizzas, nuggets .....they always tend to add more numbers to ur body

5. drink plenty of water min 8 glasses per day

6. Try to involve in minimal indoor exercises, walking is too good

7. Supplement ur routine with more fresh fruits, eat them fresh as much as possible

8. Eat at regular intrevels meaning on time ...pls never skip ur breakfast

ALL THE VERY BEST .........Keep Smiling

Ramya

2. priyanka123

priyanka123 New IL'ite

Hi friends,

I had also faced similar problem of bloating with weight gain after delivery of my child & the measure I took was to join a gymn after 4 months & did some exercises for small counts besides the treadmill,cycling crunches etc just for half an hr & i could reduce 8 kgs of weight in 4 months.
    I did not do any rigrous exercise & neither did I go to the gymn daily(just 4 days a week) & couldn't cut down to much on my diet as I was feeding my baby but attained good results!! :2thumbsup: It's said that when u r feeding & u do a little exercise u tend to loose weight faster.
    One more tip that I can contribute is sip hot water after every meal & this helps to strengthen the tummy muscles, loose weight,overcome problems of gastric,acidity & constipation.

3. sujathanattamai

sujathanattamai New IL'ite

Re: kapal bhati

Hi,

I am new indus lady. I had a C-section and my tummy is looking a little bigger. I read about Kapalbhati but i dont know how to do it ? Shall i do this kapal bhati because i had a c section.

Sujathanattamai

4. sujathanattamai

Re: Reduce tummy after pregnancy

Dear Friends
    I'm new to this board.
    It looks great and nice to meet u all through this board.
    I was pregnant and had a c-section and i am sorry to say that i lost my baby.

I had a big tummy after that and it was reduced to some extent by itself.
    Now i have some big tummy left and i 'm eating okay to breastfeed.

I want to get back my small tummy and small hips ....
    Also my tummy looks like a torn sack with black stretch marks and skin is wrinkled very much. I want to get my normal skin back too.
    Any ideas friends, pl. suggest...
    I'm waiting to reduce it and be back with my routine shape and do my works...

Thanks and Regards
    Sujatha

5. sujathanattamai

How to reduce tummy after delivery

Hi to all,

I am a new indus lady to this forum. I have read the thread "Reduce tummy after pregnancy". But I have lots of doubts.

I delivered a baby boy 6 months back. But to due to some problem, i lost my baby on the next day itself. I am very upset. I feel like crying when i think of my lost baby. But what to do ? past is past. Now i am thinking of the present.

I have to reduce my tummy. My upper part of the tummy is looking bigger. I read about Kapalbhati. But i don't know how to do this ?

I had a C-section. Shall i do kapalbhati even though i had a C-section ? Will it affect the steuters ?

Will anyone help me in this ? Will anyone help me in doing Kapalbhati ? Or any other techniques will help ? does yoga help ? What asanas shall i do ?

Please help me in this !

Sujatha

6. BAni

BAni New IL'ite

hai baby raji

could u tell me wat is this "naukasana"& hw does it work,& ven am i supposed 2 do it.

bye..
    BAni

7. sravy

sravy Bronze IL'ite

hi swati

hi swati,:wave

this is anu , thank u for u advice ,i will try this bcoz my tummy is also like 4th month pregnant its looking yak. iwill try this ,will u tell me clearly how to do this:) . i am new to this site ,thnk u again ,mail me

bye
    anu:-D

8. pratimagp

pratimagp New IL'ite

Hi to all

iam also new ELite, me also suffering from the same problem after C section,

1.kapaalabhaathi(praanaayaamam) exercise in Yoga will help you to strengthen the stomach muscles, daily u have to do 15minutes minimum,

2. sit-ups-nearly starting with 20 situps (for upper abdomen)

3. leg raises (for lower abdomen)

these r the 3 exercises that will definetely reduce the tummy but not instantly,
    i came to know these recently, i started doing for 1 week,

and one more ELite asked, with breast feeding also u can do these,after delivery if u start soon (in 6th month) can reduce the tummy easily.

take care

pratima

1 person likes this.
  9. vaidegi

vaidegi New IL'ite

hi ladies,

I agree with you.yoga keeps one physically and mentally healthy.

Especially tummy reduces to a great extent.

Keeping relaxed mind will help you to be fit.

Pranayammam helps a great extent for that, but it will take time but very effective.

lovingly,
    vaidegi.

3 people like this.
  10. sravy

sravy Bronze IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Even i am facing with this tummy problem now my baby is 5th month can i start these exercises now .please tell me.How to do the Pranayammam in yoga ? can i reduce my tummy .

bye,

anu