1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

chubby upper arm - exercise for toning?

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by alady, Nov 30, 2012.

1. alady

alady Senior IL'ite

Dear All,

I have this peculiar problem. In fact many of the women in my family do. Whatever weight or fitness level we are in, our upper arms are always so flabby!

Do you have any suggestions on specific exercise I can follow to tone these upper arm muscles? I am referring to the region a couple of inches above ankle all the way up to the shoulder.

When I wear a saree, it looks quite odd. And there are many types of clothes I try to avoid and am quite self-conscious about this for a long time (read many many years through teenage years and 20's). So I think it's high time, I take some action and get in to shape instead of thinking I can't do anything about it! :) So please share any suggestions you may have?

Perhaps weights or dumbells ? I can get these but don't know how to start using them in a good regimen.

Thanks.

2. ChandrikaV

ChandrikaV IL Hall of Fame

3 people like this.
  3. suganvijay

suganvijay Platinum IL'ite

4. SGA

SGA IL Hall of Fame

if you are beginner ,start with simple exercises .....you can use water bottle in place of dumbbell for begining

Chest , biceps ,triceps workouts
    Dumbbell press
    Dumbbell fly
    Dumbbell pullover
    Concentration curl
    Alternate dumbbell curl
    Dumbell curl
    Seated dumbbell extension
    One -arm dumbell extension
    Overhead triceps extension

2 people like this.
  5. poojaagar

poojaagar Bronze IL'ite

If you stick to some things.. you will see automatically it fades away..
    1. Drink more water..
    2 stop coffee and tea as it dehydrates your body even if you drink water.
    3. stop sugar completely for awhile later u can have half sugar
    4.you can drink herbal teas without sugar when you need a drink.
    5. no white bread and maida in any form. you can have white rice but only a cup a day
    6. no chocolates and sweets as it deposits in the arms and thighs as fat.
    7. also no fried items at all..little oil is fine for veggies and no meat seafood is fine

If you follow this along with some cardio..you will see the change.. separate arm exercise is fine but not a must thats what i feel..

1 person likes this.
  6. alady

alady Senior IL'ite

Dear ChandrikaV, I just watched video. Thanks a lot for the suggestion, I now have a plan to follow through!

Dear SGA, I wasn't aware of these names at all. Thank you so much. I was able to do a web-search and identify most of them. Learning a lot! :)

Dear Poojaagar, Wow...you're giving me a complimentary plan to the exercise. So nice of you to jot down the points. Thanks very much. :)

I really like how all the answers work together to give me a regimen I should follow - to see good effects. Thank you ILites.

Best regards,
    alady