1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Hypothyroid and weight gain :(

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Sweety2012, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Sweety2012

Sweety2012 New IL'ite

Hello Friends,

Recently i got to know that i have thyriod and due to this i have gained so much of weight and my hair fall is not stopping. Almost lost 3/4 of my hairs and still its continuing :(

Need your help to overcome my weight and hair fall problem.

Please provide me with ur valuable inputs.

Thanks,
    Sweety

2. kiran82

kiran82 Silver IL'ite

Hello Sweety,
    It is important that you start your medication immediately.Hope you are following your doctor's advice.Weight will be controlled once you start taking the tablets.Hair fall is one of the factors of hypothyroidism-may or may not be effected by the medicine-I lost lot of hair due to this problem.Don't worry-just follow what the doctor says.

Regards,

1 person likes this.
  3. Sweety2012

Sweety2012 New IL'ite

Thank you Kiran82,happy to see ur reply :)

Yes i have started medication , i just consulted general physician. Planning to meet endocrinologist this weekend.

is there any specific food i need to take or avoid ??

4. Dhivya5

Dhivya5 Gold IL'ite

Hi Sweety,

Avoid cauliflower, cabbage, broccoli, rock salt. Use lot of yam, methi seeds, methi leaves etc. Use iodised salt for cooking.

1 person likes this.
  5. saibadra

saibadra New IL'ite

hi friends,
    i am new to indusladies.i am settled at bangalore but basically from chennai.actually i am 32yrs with 2kids(5yrs and 2yrs girls).past 1yr i having very severe hairfall so the volume got reduced like anything.i use to have knee length very thick hair before that.even no hairfall during and after pregnancy.past 6months i had prolonged period too.when i took the test i was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and PCOD.that was the reason for hairfall it was said.i am 70kgs with heavy flabs in my tummy.anybody can help me to overcome all these health issues by sending tips.actually i am under homeo treatment now.thanks in advance friends.

6. internet

internet Silver IL'ite

Hi Saibadra,

Pls don't take exclusively homeo or ayurvedic treatment for PCOS and hypothyiodism..PCOS, weight gain, hairfall, irregular periods are also beoz of hypothyroidism..

consult a good endocrinologist..they will suggest thyroid tablets to take on empty stomach every morning..take your medicnies regularly and exercise every day..be on a healthy diet..take less amount of white rice..try to reduce weight..with PCOS weight reduction is not easy.but keep trying..If you are facing any kind of mental/emotional stress then try to de-stress yourself..

have you tested your blood sugar level,hormone levels, vitamin b.people with PCOS will have low vitamin b..

1 person likes this.
  7. wishaka

wishaka Bronze IL'ite

I agree with Internet .... Ayurveda and Homeopathy drugs do not work for Hypothyroidism. I have seen my room mate trying all kinds of treatment but ultimately she had to settle down for a prescribed dosage of Thyroxine tablets. I have seen how she put on weight and became irritable for silly things.
    You should consult a good doctor preferably an endocrinologist for this condition.

Regards,
    Vishaka