1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Lost 12 pounds in 3 months - success story

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by maagi11, Aug 15, 2012.

1. maagi11

maagi11 Senior IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I know we have thread on weight loss buddies for 2012 updating currently, but it is over weight with the updates, so i am starting a new thread with my success story.

Here is my lil background about weight. Before pregnancy i was having normal weight like:

height: 5'2''
    weight 123 pounds

during pregnancy i haven't gained much coz of GD. But unfortunately i was got Hypothyroidism and was under control during the pregnancy. After the scusscessful GD diet i just gained very few kgs weight and at the time of delivery i was 137 pounds. I was so blessed for that weight.

After delivery i checked at my 11th day, i was 127 pounds. i was so happy for that and glad i didn't put on much weight. Just 4lbs so easy to get back to normal.

but unfortunately i have stopped using thyroid medicine, so miscommunication from doc and gained weight like anything after 3 months of delivery 143 pounds. Though i was BF i gained weight, my mom got surprised and said she never seen ppl gaining weight after delivery while BF. I got a doubt and checked my thyroid and got to know i have put on weight bcz of the lack of medicine.

So i was worried alot to reduce the weight back to 127.

I tried very hard to reach that state.

So now my current weight is 131 pounds.

Here is the steps i have taken.

I started taking low carb food.

I completely stopped taking rice and i saw some improvement like i saw i lost 5 - 6 pounds.

I was very strictly restricted suger/sweets atleast for 2 months

after all i didn GM diet for a week and lost 5pounds in a week.

so finally i am here now with 12 pounds less than that. I have big evidence for my weight, its not like i remembered in my mind.

while visiting the doc they will check for weight. So every visit has the history that revealed that i lost weight. Even i got complement from doc.

Now i am trying to lose the extra 7 pounds, it is little tough bcz initially we will lose all the extra fat after that it doesn't go by just diet which is called hard platter which could by exercise. Which i am lazy and lack of time:bonk

So just want to help some people. If you try very hard you can try to loose first 10 pounds very quickly without exercise. But make sure you need to keep up the maintenance of the weight. So far i am not eating rice, but having once in a while.

If you guys need any help, i am here too :)

thanks,
    maagi

10 people like this.

2. LLavanya

LLavanya Gold IL'ite

Congrats for ur weight loss.

Nice and inspirational.

3. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

thanks for sharing this. was your hypothyroidism gestational?

4. maagi11

maagi11 Senior IL'ite

Hi,

LLavanya, amihere thanks for the reply.

@amihere: hypothyroidism never be gestational. Once we have thyroid means it is life time. But in general the thyroid hormone will over react during pregnancy, so the dosage will be more than normal. But once we have means we have it forever. But i was wrongly communicated after delivery and stopped medicine, that was put me in risk and i had very bad symptoms and weight gain.

now i am doing good. no issues, but still aiming for another 7 pounds reduction.

thanks,
    maagi

5. sravanitenali

sravanitenali IL Hall of Fame

dear Maggi

congrats on your weight loss...

when u stopped rice completely...what diet you took on daily basis could you please share it here

Thanks
    Sravani

6. kirthi82

kirthi82 Gold IL'ite

Hi magee,

Congrats on your weight loss.even when I was in diet I lose 2 kg per month,but when I start doing exercise with it. There is no change in weight.when I was searching for weight loss success story in YouTube,I came across a girl who loss lots of weight.she suggest to those who like to loss weight,first lose weight using diet.once you want to get shape then we can try doing exercise.what do you think about that???

7. maagi11

maagi11 Senior IL'ite

@ Sravani: When i stopped rice completely I started eating roti/chapathi with more curry. But for first 1 month or so i was on very strict diet, not even consumed sweets, extra foods. same on everyday, once i am tend to control my hunger i started GM diet, its kind of a preparation for the GM diet. with that i have lost lil more.

now i am in maintenance phase cum looking for new weight lose.

now i am eating all kind of breakfast but limit in quantities, roti as usual for lunch and dinner. Once in a week or so rice, but intake is much less. Evening snack no junk food, only green peas/sprouts or any healthy food.

note: i am pure vegetarian so lil worry about the protein, to balance that green peas added to my diet to compensate the protein/fiber/carbs. I also started eating fruit in the night after dinner. I use to have early dinner so lil late snack as fruit.

let me know if you need the menu for my food.

maagi.

8. maagi11

maagi11 Senior IL'ite

hey kirthi,

you are right....i have colleague who is a gym instructor, she explained me few things...which are making sense to me. initial fat will burn very quickly with diet alone which is called baby fat. once we are saturated with that, hard fat will take some time, that should go by exercise only, so i am trying my best to start exercising. my colleague also suggested some exercises which we can do home as well, while watching tv. those are for upper part of the body. so i am trying that first, but need to go for daily gym.

thanks,
    maagi

9. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Maagi, sorry to contradict you. I got hypothyroidism during pregnancy. And now doc has asked me to discontinue the medicine and take the tests after 2months of delivery. And he said that 90% patients who have only gestational HT wont have it further. Anyway i have to wait one more week to know that.
    If you are doing any exercise can you please share?

10. maagi11

maagi11 Senior IL'ite

Hi Amih,

nothing as such, you no need to sorry for that. when you posted your response i looked your profile to see where are you from, bcz i guessed something before seeing that you might be in India. Bcz in india doctors use to say that. I have no idea what it is diff from USA. I have friend and who got HT in pregnancy and said later no medication. The same thing I have discussed with Endo here. They said there is no gestational word for HT. that will only applicable for Diabetes.... even Endo confirmed that i should use the medicine throughout my life. When i asked for is there any chance that HT will go after pregnancy, she said she never seen any such case in her history.

recently when i asked my other friend in india who got HT and having said that no medicine required after preg, she got severe problems bcz of HT and not getting periods monthly and went for check up her HT was increased alot and doc gave her very large dossage.

i am not scaring you, that is what i discussed and believing so far. I am suggestion is please do go for frequent visits and check HT levels. May be my case diff and i got diagonised HT in my first trimester. May be i am having HT before preg, but never tested as i dont have any symptoms....

dont take me wrong. i myself decided to go for checkup every 3months though i dont have any symptoms, to make sure nothing is wrong at the end.

coming to exercise, i haven't started going to gym. i have to start soon. But doing some push ups at home.
    which was suggested by my colleague.

maagi