1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Home Exercise for 30 Minutes- Challenge

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Riyakathir, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Riyakathir

Riyakathir Platinum IL'ite

Dear Friends!!

There is no any compulsion to do exercise. This is to encourage you and me here.. Hope you guys enjoy doing exercise with me.

I started to doo and thought of helping those who needs little guidance. Here we discuss the simple home diets also.

skipping of the lunch is not compulsory, but girls who feel they can, may skip. I am planning to follow this.

UPDATE: Skipping lunch means- Two meals a day... do not take solid food after sun set. soo when you have heavy breafast and have 2 rotis in the evening by 5-6. This helps.
    I have given promise and challege to prak to do exercise daily...

I thought of doing it along with you all People...

Hope you guys join with me..

Lets start..

I usually start up with surya namaskar..

1. Surya Namaskar.. It is a good lung and whole body exercise. (10 sets daily- if not start from 5)

Pose 1 (and 12): Promotes balance, stimulates the respiratory system, exercises shoulder, back and neck muscles
    Pose 2 (and 11): Promotes balance, promotes digestion, exercises arms and shoulder muscles, tones the spine, promotes flexibility in back and hips
    Pose 3 (and 10): Promotes blood circulation, tones abdominal tracts, stretches back and leg muscles, stimulates spinal nerves, stimulates lymphatic system
    Pose 4 (and 9): Exercises spine, strengthens hand and wrist muscles
    Pose 5 (and 8): Stimulates blood circulation, strengthens the heart, strengthens wrist and arm muscles, relieves neck and shoulder tension
    Pose 6: Strengthens leg and arm muscles, increases flexibility in neck and shoulders, stretches arms, shoulder, neck and back muscles, exercises back muscles, releases tension in neck and shoulder
    Pose 7: Stimulates circulation to abdominal organs, tones digestive tract, stretches upper and lower body, promotes flexibility in the back, stimulates nerves in spine
    Poses 8 through 12 are essentially repetitions of poses 5 through 1, respectively. The health benefits of each are similar to their corresponding poses.

freedownload-suriyanamaskar.jpg

8 people like this.

2. pinky6

pinky6 Platinum IL'ite

riya, count me in and thanks for sharing step by step method of doing surya namskaram.........
    i'll try to do it from tomarrow....

1 person likes this.
  3. Riyakathir

2. Abdomen Excercise.

This helps to reduce extra fat in stomach and in hip.

1. Crunches
    Crunches are the traditional ab exercise of choice for most people, and it’s a great starting point if you’re beginning an exercise routine or returning back from some time off. Crunches work all three of your primary abdominal muscles: rectus abdominis, external oblique, and internal oblique. While lying with your back on a level and flat surface, bend your legs at the knee with your feet on the ground. Place your hands behind your head and lift your back off of the ground up towards your thighs. Bringing your body just a few inches off will really work out your ab muscles. Do this exercise slowly. Inhale as you lower yourself to the ground & exhale as you crunch. To avoid straining your neck muscles, put your chin against your chest and keep it there as you exercise. Start with one set of 10-15 repetitions and gradually build up to more. It’s better to work on slow repetitions that it is to work up to a large quantity of fast repetitions.
    how-to-do-ab-crunches.jpg

2. Raised Leg Crunches
    As you progress with the crunch, it’s fun to add some variations and increase the difficulty, thus raising the benefit of the exercise. Try doing the same exercise as above, except this time raise your feet off of the floor as pictured below. Once you’ve tried that for a few weeks or so, you can raise your feet straight up in the air (called “V-ups”).
    raised leg crunches.jpg

3. Oblique Crunches

In the same starting position as the crunch, raise your back off of the ground taking your elbow to your opposite knee. This type of crunch targets the oblique muscles, or the area where our infamous “love-handles” reside! And just like the crunch exercise, do the movements slowly, exhaling while you do the crunch, inhaling while you lower yourself back down.
    oblique-crunch.jpg

4. Bicycle Crunches

The bicycle crunch is a terrific overall ab exercise and it won’t take many repetitions of these to feel the burn. Lying on your back, place your hands behind your head and your feet 6 inches off of the floor. Begin by pulling your left knee towards your right elbow, then straighten out your left leg and bring your right knee towards your left elbow. That is one repetition. The movement of your legs should be similar to peddling a bicycle. The movement of your elbows should be done by pulling your back off the ground, not by bending or straining your neck. Try 10-25 repetitions to start off with, depending on your ability. This is more productive than the traditional crunch and is a nice ab exercise to mix into anyone’s fitness routine.
    bicycle-crunches.jpg

5. Leg Lifts

This simple ab exercise is a favorite punishment drill for coaches and drill instructors around the globe. But don’t let that deter you, because it’s also a very effective way to strengthen your lower abdominal muscles and hip flexors. Lying flat on your back, raise your feet 6 inches off of the floor. Raise your left leg straight up while your right leg remains 6 inches off of the ground, lower your left leg and then raise your right leg up into the air. It helps to do this exercise to a cadence. Try doing this in a four count manner, for example (leg leg up -1; left leg down-2; right leg up-3; right leg down-4). The cadence would go like this: 1…2…3…1…1…2…3…2…1…2…3…3…and so on. Again, these are a great lower ab exercise. Make sure your feet stay off of the ground for all of the repetitions. Try them out!

leg lifts.jpg

3 people like this.
  4. Riyakathir

abdomen continued

6. Seated Row Crunches

For the really ambitious exercise enthusiasts out there, the seated row is a challenging ab exercise that works all three abdominal muscle groups. In the same starting position as the above two exercises, raise your back off of the floor with your arms straight out in front of you, as you’re raising your back, pull your knees in towards your chest while keeping your feet 6 inches off of the floor. When you conduct these motions together it looks like you’re rowing a boat. It’s a tough one, but it’s a great overall ab exercise to add to your routine when you get bored with the others! If you’re first starting out with these use your arms to “prop” yourself up and do the leg portion of the exercise as pictured below. As you get more comfortable, try doing the arm movements.
    seated-row-crunch.jpg

Other abdomen exercise..

cutcaster-vector-100929338-Woman-doing-abdominal-exercises.jpg

3. Plunks

Plunks are the best exercise which strengthens the abdomen, biceps, lungs, back and spine.

abs- plank.jpg

Put your elbow at the floor as shown in the picture.. Rest your abdomen in the floor. Slowly rise your hip straight to your legs. Hold for 10-15 seconds. then rest down the abdomen slowly. Repeat it for 15-18 counts.

abs-side-plank.jpg

Side plunk- Rest your single elbow at the floor and rest your hip at floor on one side as shown in picture. Raise the hip in the level of your body and hold it for 15 seconds count. repeat the same for 18 counts.

1 person likes this.
  5. MadhuSharmila

MadhuSharmila IL Hall of Fame

Good initiative Riya. Really informative and useful. Posting it along with the pictures has made it easier to follow.

2 people like this.
  6. Riyakathir

4. Low back pain exercise.

xlbpm.jpg

Lets start friends.. we are going to do this exercise daily.. It is strict order.. who are all joining the club.. we can discuss and share the home exercise.

This is the best one for the women who is rushing to office and running behind hubbies and babies (what a rhyming... :bowdown)

So I am ready.... are you ready????:thumbsup:thumbsup

4 people like this.
  7. jayanthisuresh

jayanthisuresh Gold IL'ite

hi riya..

thanks for sharing .. me too started to do exercise from last week.. since a bit lazy i do half exercise and run to do cooking ..count me too..

1 person likes this.
  8. Riyakathir

Great goo dear.. Happy to get buddies to join the club.. But club is strict. you should not skip the exercise. if you skip the exercise you should skip your lunch ok..

9. Riyakathir

thank you so much dear.. just a knowledge sharing.. soo joining the club..

10. Riyakathir

very good jeyanthi.. you are most welcome.. but the club is very strict.. if you skip the exercise.. you should skip the lunch of that day.. deal ok????

id yes your registration is complete