1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Come on, lets us move our feet and shake that stubborn weight a little

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Shanvy, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Dear weightloss buddies,

I have been happily walking and walking, thanks to my friends who were with me all throughout and also thanks to geetadamle and shiva who introduced walk at home concept to me..
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/k...pe/135239-walk-away-the-pounds-challenge.html

I have moved from 90 to 70 by sheer consistency, commitment and control(well what is that.:hide:). and many do ask me if i have a special plan, or special diet..and i take time to tell them it is just sensible diet, change of attitude and lot of walking.. and some definitely do not believe it is just walking and nothing else..I have health issues where gymming, or any strenous form of exercise will lead to lot of complications..

i think i have walked around 1000's of miles to reach this goal..so there is no short route to weight loss..

since my walk at home buddies wanted a new challenge, here i am with it..

there is absolutely no challenge here, but the only rule is you need move your body a little every day, say atleast 10 minutes.. walk with me..and if you want your diet tweaked buzz Alpa,and others here
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/k...pe/155302-weight-loss-buddies-for-2012-a.html or shiva and friends here
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/keep-fit-and-maintain-shape/82366-a-weight-loss-success-story.html

you can use your own music to walk - like my son, who says leslie aunty talks too much.. or you can walk to the leslie's banter..it is your choice..
    and the pace at which you walk is what counts..

So you can do a walk at home 3 miles for the abs,
    walkaerobic , walk at home burning thebig miles, the 5-mile fat burning challenge, walk at home 4 miles super challenge, 5-day slim down, any of these... it is just move your b### off that couch or chair...

Let us start today, there are no competitions, no conditions, nothing except fun and motivation and commitment, because once comitted, control and consistency kicks in.. no half ways...

today i did 2 miles of big burn and 2 miles of walkareobics..

that is 4 miles... now keep the legs moving friends...

shravs3, sumalynux, Satlak and 33 others like this.

2. sidvidu

sidvidu Silver IL'ite

Re: Come on, lets us move a little and shake it up

Dear shanvy,
    I have been a quiet follower of the threads in this section of weight loss but my main problem is I am not consistent in my excercises/diet. I am a great fan of you and u hav been a great inspiration not only here but also in house keeping, chitvish forums. I follow ur posts and ur suggestions especially altering recipes with whole grain which I have followed in baking. I will surely start once again my weight loss prog with ur full support and encouragement and I have decided to update here regularly. Thanks for starting an inspirtational thread for people like me.
    Vidya.

3. pavanivaranasi

pavanivaranasi Gold IL'ite

Hi Shanvy,

I am in. For the past one week i did 3 miles 5 days. Today i did 4 miles. Hope to be more regular from now on since my knee is not hurting after the walks.

4. sravanitenali

sravanitenali IL Hall of Fame

I am IN for walk at home...needed motivation Shanvy...

5. pinky6

pinky6 Platinum IL'ite

shanvy count me in...........am really serious to reduce my weight and am working hard for it.........

6. pd014

pd014 New IL'ite

Shanvy..great achievement!! truly inspiring..i have recently started walking as much as possible..can you share how much time you took to loose 20kg?? how much time u devote on walking?

7. nihasvin

nihasvin Platinum IL'ite

Count me in Shanvy :thumbsup Gonna start my journey from tomoro :)

8. smartgirl83

smartgirl83 Silver IL'ite

Dear Shanvy.......

Count me in.........!

I am a working woman.....need your suggestion as to how do i utilize my time effectively towards weight loss...i :bonkwork 10- 6 pm!

Regards,

Jyoti Chanchlani

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Vidya thank you.. let us put that inspiration and all that talk aside..we are here to just motivate each othere.. there will be days when i don't want to move my tush out of the chair and i would like you people to question me what happened..see that is what is going to push us to work on our exercise, diet.. and just not to lose weight, but to be more healthy for ourself...

so do keep updating here.. it is ok if you could not walk or exercise today but join us, so that we know you are with us,and if you need that extra prodding we will do it..:thumbsup

2 people like this.
  10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Pavani missed you..good that your knee is not hurting.. just allow the knee to recover..some of the moves are not to be done if your knee is hurting..as always listen to your body.. 4 miles is great way dearie..

now let us keep at it...

1 person likes this.