1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Weight loss tips

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by sweetyk, Mar 29, 2012.

1. sweetyk

sweetyk Gold IL'ite

Hi All,

Please post weight loss tips here.

Thanks,
    Sweety

2. sweetyk

sweetyk Gold IL'ite

Pull in the abs all the time. This method will help reducing your mid area.

1 person likes this.
  3. sweetyk

sweetyk Gold IL'ite

2. Never eat after 8 pm.

1 person likes this.
  4. sweetyk

sweetyk Gold IL'ite

3. Drink water 30 mins prior to meal and 30 mins after a meal. This helps.

5. sweetyk

sweetyk Gold IL'ite

4. Don't eat two diff kinds of carbs together. Like in one meal don't eat rice and chapathi. Take rice or chapathi in a single meal.

6. sweetyk

sweetyk Gold IL'ite

5. Don't eat fruits immediately after a meal. Eat fruits 30 mins prior to a meal and not until 1 hour after a meal.

7. sangea

sangea Silver IL'ite

green tea, egg whites, abs and tread mill, dinner before 8 and lots of warm water to drink. ..

8. drsurabhijain

drsurabhijain Silver IL'ite

Avoid fatty food,exercise,drink water and use natural herbs....
    de-stress yourself with proper detox

9. miscellaneous

miscellaneous Silver IL'ite

Always watch what you eat. If you want to lose weight its important that the calories you eat is lesser then the calories you burn. Weight training is as important as cardio.

10. Vnbaby

Vnbaby Senior IL'ite

A) Drink water as much half of your bodyweight in ounces. Suppose if you are 150lbs you should drink 75oz of water throughout the day and 8oz is one glass.

B) Try to reduce your carbs by reducing wheat and rice(which are staple in Indian diet and very hard to avoid). Carbs should not be more than one of your scooped hand if you are woman and two scooped hands if man.

C) Protein can help you tremendously in loosing weight. Protein should be equal to size and thickness of palm of your hand(not including your fingers just the palm).

D) Reduce the oil you use in cooking food. Use only 1-2 tsps for 3-4 persons/servings.

E) Include some kinda exercise walk/climb stairs/go gymming/do yoga. Something is better than nothing.

F) Do not drop everything you love to eat in name of dieting. Try to slowly reduce whatever unhealthy treats you are eating. But do eat in moderation what you just cant drop completely(in my case anything sweet)

G) If you can do not take carbs in dinner or slowly reduce the quantity. Instead take lots of salad, whatever veggie you make, daal. I use daal as salad dressing or sometimes like a dip :bonk for raw veggies it tastes great and much healthier than any store bought dressing.

H) If you feel hungry between meals snack on carrots, apples, nuts(almonds, pecans, peanuts, walnuts etc.) different types of fruits and veggies.

I) Take 5-6 small meals instead of taking 3 large meals. This one is hard for me because its hard to think/decide what healthy things can I take for 5-6 times a day but I try to take at least 3 medium meals and TRY to take 2 healthy snacks in between. It will not only keep you from getting very very hungry and overeat comes in front but also

J) Do not overeat i cant emphasize it enough. This is an art and hard to master. The moment you start feeling full... stop eating. Slowly with practice you will reduce the amount of food you are eating. If you are overweight that itself means you are giving your body much more food than it needs.

K) Try to eat in a blue coloured plate. Experts says blue colour makes you feel full in less food and yellow makes you overeat. Weird tip but it works to a great extend I tried and tested on myself :-D.

L) Fried foods are big no no. So use very less oil to make your parathas. Or make your parathas like rotis instead of using oil then use little butter/ghee to have some yummy treat. Butter/ghee are better fats than oil if taken in moderation.

Only this what I can think right now will post later if I recall something else. All of these tips I am using these days and trying to loose weight and seeing results slowly but steady.

Take Care
    V n baby

1 person likes this.