1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

"Workout Daily" Support Group: Share your daily exercise routines here.

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Anandchitra, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Hello Ladies
    Weight loss can be accomplished long term through diet and exercise. Having support also helps a lot when its difficult to maitain the momentum. This thread is for the support we can give each other. Those of us who are planning to have a regular exercise schedule can post it here and we can support each other by keeping tabs and asking how the plan is working. Remember no excuses so it will be difficult to come here and give an excuse to our online buddies.
    I will start with this format and if anyone has any suggestions please let us know:

Name:Chitra
    Plan: To exercise a minimum of 45 minutes daily
    Today: Not done because of household work. Planningto get it done before evening.

blooms4me, PLK, Ratna4673 and 3 others like this.

2. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Re: Weight Loss Support Group

Hi Chitra - so glad to see that you are on top of it already! Way to go!! My goal is to exercise atleast 3 times a week at the gym. If I can get to all 4 classes - even better.

Name: Shobana
    My schedule: Mon: 1 hr Pilates
    Wed: 45 min Step class followed by 15 min abs
    Sat: 1 hr Pilates & 1 hr cycling class
    Sun: 1 hr cycling

No step class today due to the holiday. I will have to work in something before my saturday class to compensate for today. Not sure what - but will have to do something.

3. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Hi AC,

Nice thread you have here. My work out schedule : usually as soon as kids are in school. I work out in the afternoons usually. No disturbances at that time.

Vandhana
    Mon/wed/fri: Wt training plus 30 minutes power walk
    Tue:/thurs: Light weights, treadmill 1/2 hour
    sat/sun: depends, treadmill 1hour or 2 mile hike with family.

4. Anandchitra

O.k. ladies I was going to say half hour on elliptical (1/2 hr) which is what i normally do but I cannot be left behind and I still have some competitive spirit left in me.
    So this is my plan for Thursday, Fi, Sat and Sunday this week. These are my tough days since its holidays but I will come back to report.

Wednesday 45 min walk/treadmill
    Thursday 45 min treadmill
    Friday 20 min walk 30 min elliptical
    Sat & sun 45 min treadmill

It might not seem as much but for me its something. Plus I should get it done. Thanks all.

5. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

AC.

Sabaash, Sariyanna Potti:hatsoff:hatsoff....

Well mine is not much, considering the wts part is in the gym where its more fun than anything else. My gynaec told me to do weights as it strengthens the bone mass and therefore going a long way to prevent osteoporosis.
    So ladies do consider doing wts, for long term benefits.

Forgot to mention: gym closed thursday, friday , sat and sun..... So will have to work out at home only.

V

6. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Totally agree with Vandhana - I was also told that weight training helps you burn more fat ever after you are finished exercising - I do weights for my arms and legs - usually before my class starts. It depends on when I get to the gym. This week is not going to be good due to timing at the gym - so we will see how it goes. I like the "potti" Vandhana - keeps this interesting (also I am very competitive!!)

7. Anandchitra

I have done my quota of exercise today. Really had to take off from cooking. Only then dh will have hundreds of "urgent" things to be done. And everyone will be hungry then too.
    I still got it done. :hatsoff

8. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

AC,

I know what you mean. Here I got everything ready, told DH to serve himself. and finished my work out. Then came back and hogged piping hot Bisibele huli anna, and ofcourse , all the work out came to naughtshakehead

Vandhana

9. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Unlike you two, I did not work out today. since my daughter came home for Thanksgiving, I cooked and we all sat down to lunch - ate and now I am in IL. Yet to eat pumpkin pie - so I will double my workout tomorrow!!

10. Anandchitra

Vandhana
    All the work out didnt come to naught. we did workout just for that so we are fine. Its raining here today and we so need it. Will definetly get it done tomorrow as well. oh the shoppingggggggggg !!!!!