1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

My experiments with dieting!....a disaster yet memorable!

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Megalife, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

"Oh Ann you look so charming in tht colourful saree ( just realised it was a saree to me it looked more like a bedsheet )!"
    Thus opened the party with half the men and women at the party drooling at Ann and her drap! I just couldn't help feeling spitful and insecure:spin! I knew this ANN (except i Knew her at college as the crap looking gal who looked like she was on the verge of terminal Cachexia, nd btw her name was Annamma then :rant). I was the butterfly clever/attractive/affluent!! Well, with her new found identity and "model" figure she seemed to have attained a new status! I am sure her presence at the party made many wives have sleepless nights:hide:! Of all the people Annamma in the limelight...no way...this was way too much:my2cents! I could hear in the background "shezz such a gem, a wonderful lady'!!!
    However grounded and level headed I might make myself appear to be, I have to admit that I am not devoid of "envy" which makes me rightfully a women!" Green with envy" I marched home after this lousy party (all others except me didnt find it lousy though!). And as if to answer my thoughts my DH blabbers ''Ann is a women of substance" !
    Annamma I corrected...and what substance may I know?"...to which he thought it wise to keep mum!
    My husband found me unusually quiet and even offered me a glass of water with a paracetamol! OK, so envy indeed was written bold and clear on my face !

In bed I deceided (i make most of my important decisions in bed:biglaugh, I was determined.....as I kept tossing and turning all I culd think of was Kareena Kapoor and her Zero figure!The very next morning I had the internet (the saviour of all problems) on! I started the day with luke warm water honey and lime and follwed it by combinations of grapefruit/cucumbers/salads/juices etc. In the evening I wore my new Nike trainers on (spent Dhirams 310 in the morning :bonk) and went for a long walk down the Corniche! This went on for the next 4 days...I was determined u see!!My husband was on a business tour so no interuptions from his side. The 5th day, time for my walk...I had this nausea feeling! But who could care! I reached Corniche, I felt my palms cold and sweaty! I was gasping by now...before I blacked out I just had time to make a quick call and as luck would have it Annamma's (thzz how i had saved it) number was the first number on the list! I was barely audible and between gasps I told her where I was and how i was feeling! I collapsed on a bench nearby, my fellow joggers attented to me and soon Annamma with her husband was near my side and rushed me to the nearest hospital. I was on drips and was discharged the next day! They stayed back at the hospital the whole night and she took an off the next day to make sure I was comfortably reached home on my discharge!
    The door bell rang and in came my husband looking totally confused, I was looking pale and sick! I narrated my story and he couldn't help bursting out into giggles! He said " you are good the way you are, 62 kgs for a 5 3" isn't too bad! Who the hell put this in your mind to go"ZERO". U look like a ghost from those horror films!"
    The next day I called Ann, thanked her and realised what made her the apple of everyones eye! It was her golden heart!:idea Somebody rightly said "A person is only beautiful, when their own beauty, is reflecting on to others!":clap

14 people like this.

2. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Ha ha h aha that was very hilarious..yet i appreciate for the efforts to had put on :) Don't try to be over conscious at your weight as it may lead to so many serious problems :) the weight proportion is good for you and you just need some simple walking to maintain it..~All the very best :)

1 person likes this.
  3. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

wow.. lovely narration.. We r sailing in the same boat!!!

4. vijaya1982

vijaya1982 Bronze IL'ite

Wow... i enjoyed alot...

5. blessbabydust

blessbabydust IL Hall of Fame

"You like ghost " thats hilarious .... Please dont do this .... You are beautiful and charming ... indulge yourself ...

1 person likes this.
  6. neerajasreddy

neerajasreddy Silver IL'ite

7. hemalathaK

hemalathaK Platinum IL'ite

such a nicely narrated post.Made me laugh.

8. tweetymee

tweetymee Junior IL'ite

Enjoyed reading the post. :)

9. InnerBliss

InnerBliss Gold IL'ite

We need to learn LOVING ourselves and think about our strengths and uniqueness first and always appreciate the good things in others. No doubt, we can work out on everything that troubles us.
    No comparing, just enjoying what we are and what we have.
    Sorry....if I am being advising. Just said, what appeared in my mind :)

10. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Megalife...,
    Wonderful narration but this should be in snippets Forum .... And a good moral too:thumbsup