1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Weight Loss team - To shed weight permanently

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Aabhi, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Anirajiv

Anirajiv New IL'ite

Sounds Yummy Dg,

Do you make Oats Upma in a similar manner.

Regards
    Anita

2. oosha

oosha Bronze IL'ite

hi vibha,

please chk the thread" successfully lost weight thru kitchuppa diet plan"

you will find all the answers to your questions and motivation is at its peak,

join the Kitchuppa diet........... and see the difference. read all the posts and come in,

lets help each other.

cheers,

3. dream.girl

dream.girl Silver IL'ite

Hi anitha,

I got this recepie from google..Try this..

Oats: 1 cup
    Onion: 1 thinly sliced
    Ginger: scraped, 1 teaspoon
    Garlic: 2 pods, finely minced
    Green Chilies: 2, finely choped
    Red chili powder: according to taste
    Turmeric powder
    Curry leaves: 1 sprig
    Peas: 1 handful (fresh for those lucky ones and frozen for the lost souls like me)
    Salt: according to taste
    Dry roast oats until it turns color. .
    Heat one teaspoon of sesame-seed oil. [You can use your regular cooking oil or ghee for that festive feeling. I tend to use sesame-seed oil for Indian/Sri Lankan food.] Add chopped onion, green chillies, scrapped ginger, minced garlic and curry leaves, red chili powder, turmeric powder - in that order.
    Add two cups of water(to one cup of oats) and salt. Let the water boil nicely and add the roasted oats. Stir quickly and continuously. Cover the lid and let it cook for 3-5 minutes or until the oats has cooked through, absorbing all the water

[​IMG]

Hugs,
    dg..

4. vidhya25

vidhya25 Senior IL'ite

I have being doing aasanas n found a great difference , within a weeks time i could reduce 1 kg. I found aasanas as the best exercise practice and easy to follow

5. Anirajiv

Anirajiv New IL'ite

Dg,

The Oats receipe sounds more Yummy! I'll surely try it.

By the way, one suggestion from my side, what about
    Sweet American Corn, this is also filling and great for
    the Calorie conscious, what do you think?

Regards
    Anita

6. oosha

oosha Bronze IL'ite

hi there,

could you elaborate on the asanas.......... some may not understand the names, so if u can just write how you do it... i mean the procedure...........

its great to lose a kg just by doing asanas,

keep it up,

cheers

7. anita2912

anita2912 Bronze IL'ite

Hello Ladies..

I am so motivated reading this thread.Every time I decide to do dieting,I follow the diet plan for 15-20 days and then return to my orginal self again.But Now I have decided to follow the plan diligently as I have so many team mates to acheive the Goal.
    Thank you so much for sharing your diet plans..Will certainly try and follow them.
    I am currently 68 kgs and I want to loose 14 kgs so that my ideal weight would be 54kgs.I hope to acheive the target with your help...

Lets do it ladies...

8. brb_va

brb_va Gold IL'ite

Hi girls,

nice to see ur posts. U can also prepare oats upma similar to rava upma, but add little water. It is slightly sticky, probably we have to roast it on an ordinary tawa before making upma. But it reduces blood cholesterol. More than the diet we take, exercising or walking atleast 3 days a week is essential. Probably, cut down on bike riding or travelling in a car, and start early and take bus routes. This would make us walk for some distance atleast. This would do lot of cost cutting on our expenses, lessen pollution and enhance our health too. I've been following this method for almost 3 months till now, and i've been able to reduce 7 kgs in just so much of time. I've been taking little salt and spice now, but sticking onto the normal diet. I think the metabolism levels have to increase and that would reduce our weight faster. Definitely cut down on sweets and ice creams, this would reduce our weight faster.

9. brb_va

brb_va Gold IL'ite

Hi girls,

nice to see ur posts. U can also prepare oats upma similar to rava upma, but add little water. It is slightly sticky, probably we have to roast it on an ordinary tawa before making upma. But it reduces blood cholesterol. More than the diet we take, exercising or walking atleast 3 days a week is essential. Probably, cut down on bike riding or travelling in a car, and start early and take bus routes. This would make us walk for some distance atleast. This would do lot of cost cutting on our expenses, lessen pollution and enhance our health too. I've been following this method for almost 3 months till now, and i've been able to reduce 7 kgs in just so much of time. I've been taking little salt and spice now, but sticking onto the normal diet. I think the metabolism levels have to increase and that would reduce our weight faster. Definitely cut down on sweets and ice creams, this would reduce our weight faster.

10. umarao02

umarao02 Senior IL'ite

Hi dg,
    tks for the recipe...i will dfnlty try it out.I love spicy dishes...
    cheers Uma.