1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

I lost weight but have loose skin.

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by yusha, Sep 22, 2011.

1. yusha

yusha New IL'ite

Hi friends,

I lost weight 2 years back with walking , thyroid problem and mainly i came US and went into depression, I am 5'5 height was 65 kgs and now I am 50kgs( within 8 months this happened).I had thyroid problem since 5 years but since a year I realized that my skin got very loose and even muscles are not at all tight with stretchmarks all over my waist and legs.:drowning
    Tried to eat to gain a bit of weight but nothing is working out.

I want to gain back my strength and shape. Please suggest some exercises and food to gain a bit weight. :)

Thanks

2. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Sounds like you need an endocrinologist to straighten out your thyroid situation. I remember years ago a coworker who had her thyroid go crazy on her and she had previously been fat but then dropped a LOT of weight in some months. She had to have medical intervention to get her back on track.

3. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi yusha,
    Do consult a endocrinologist for your thyroid problem, the drastic weight loss might have been due to that. To tone the muscles do strength training. If you wont be able to join a gym ,buy dumbbells and workout from home. For abs do crunches. But first consult a doc and get his/her opinion.

4. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

As others suggested, go to a doctor for the thyroid condition. Also you can do yoga at home everyday
    It helps the body and mind to relax.

5. yusha

yusha New IL'ite

Hi all,

I am on a course already but I think as you all said I need to go for a check up again. I do walking daily and yoga but wanted to know if there were any specific exercises mainly my upper part of body is kinda of saggy.
    please help me if there are any specific exercises for better muscle.
    Thanks for your replies.

6. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Yusha,
    Strength training that is training with weights will help you to tone your body. For arms you can do bicep curls, tricep kickbacks, extensions,dips, hammer curls,shoulder press,lateral raise etc and for chest you can do pushups and chest press. Also praciticing surya namaskar will help you greatly. I guess since oyu are doing yoga you are already doing that. Gradually increase the count of namaskars. For abs do crunches,cobra pose etc. If you can get weights(dumbbells) then take two equally sized bottles which can be held well with grip and fil it with sand.These will help you as your weights;) All the best dear.

7. zingy

zingy Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Drink lots of water . This will make skin regain the lost elasticity.
    In no time Skin will bounce back

8. yusha

yusha New IL'ite

Hi,

Thanks amihere and Zingy for the tips. :bowdown