1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone lost inches from tummy with exercise or diet ?

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by teechak, Aug 25, 2011.

1. teechak

teechak Senior IL'ite

Hi All,

I am a frequent reader, but posting my question very first time as I did not see any post regarding my concern.

I had some belly fat before my pregnancy and it became quite big after my delivery and after 2 years also I am struggling to get my tummy flattened.

here I am not concerened for weight loss, I am looking your guidance for inch loss.

I was having 30 inch waist (measured around naval) before my preganancy and now also I have 36 inches waist. I want to reduce to my pre preggy belly atleast.

Anyone out here who has reduced inches from tummy with any diet or excercise, please share your experience.

thanks for reading my post.

2. teechak

teechak Senior IL'ite

32 Views and NO reply ???...come on ladies ..help me out !!

3. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

I am sorry to say but you cannot get inch loss without a healthy diet and some exercise, because the tummy is essentially fat, and for fat to go, you need to reduce your intake (diet) and increase your output (exercise).

4. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

To add with Ruby, the weight and inch loss around tummy area is really difficult. So it will take some time for all that fat to melt off. Be consistent with a healthy diet and workout and sure you will see results in time. Dont have the view it will happen in say 3months or so. It might take time. Being consistent is the mantra.

1 person likes this.
  5. kiran82

kiran82 Silver IL'ite

Hi teechak,
    Did you try using an abdominal belt after delivery?I too have the same problem,but my age is 52.My elders advised me to tie my abdomen tight with a cloth soon after delivery but I refused.Now I regret but it's too late.I think you MUST do abdominal exercises and also use a belt or tie a cloth just under the navel tight throughout the day.Hope this helps you.

Regards,

6. priya4prabhu

priya4prabhu Silver IL'ite

Hey teechak,

Yes I have got it reduced after a year. I was 32 before pregnancy. After pregnancy i went upto 36.. I started with my regular jogging of 20 mts and abdominal crunches 15 in 4 sets after 2 month of delivery. I am still doing it now I am at 32.5. Still not given up. Even after 32 I will continue do retain the same. I know about me, sometimes i tend to eat more junk and so I would like to keep up this.. Best of luck. Dont give up. Improve your exercise routine. You should work hard more, may be the effort you are putting isnt enough. Check out properly.

7. PMT

PMT New IL'ite

Hi All
    I am also a working woman and put on 15-17 kgs after delivery,,,,:)
    I joined gym but doesnt get the result...
    and i am so much fond of sweets i cant control my self :(
    Please suggest something for me too.

8. melon123

melon123 IL Hall of Fame

hi teechak.. even i had belly fat b4 pregnancy itself.. after c-section it increased a lot... now i am process of bringing it down to pre-pregnancy level first... next month i cross 2 yrs... i have opted healthy eating and combine it with exercise... i do cycling, walking, ab workouts... just search in youtube.. u will find so many there... even i didnt use tummy belt due to pain... since i had complications it took me 1 yr to recover compltely and now i process to shed those extra fat around tummy...in past few months i have seen good result...

9. teechak

teechak Senior IL'ite

I think I should have provided the more details in my first post itself:

My daily routine is:

Work out 5 days a week
    a) stretching for 3-4 minutes
    b) treadmill for 30 minutes (running on 5.5 for 10-15 minutes, rest is brisk walking or inclined walking at moderate pace) or any other cardio - burning atleast 250 calories
    c) Stretching and some kapalbhati or ab crunches

I am generally quite an active person, stay on my toes all day, do not sleep during the day , take good 8 hrs of sleep at one go in the night. eat at regular intervals ...in the form of small meals, fruits and milk are part of my life.

Water intake - 5-6 litres , I have kept a litre bottle and drink that 4-5 times in a day. My morning starts with 16 OZ glass of warm water.

once or twice a week indulge into over eating or sweets

and with this scheudle I have reduced almost 10 Kgs from my body in last one year and tummy still stays the same.I have nice toned rest of the body accept my bulky belly. I am ...you can say 36-36- 36 :(

recently started doing Yoga and I am seeing little tightness in my tummy area and clothes are fitting better.

I am looking to get views of people ladies sailing in the same boat and who have been successful in getting rid of tummy inches.

10. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dear Teechak

Fat on the tummy area is the most stubborn fat. Here are few things that might work. You will need to follow them for 4 weeks religiously. Before starting measure the area you want to reduce.

Though spot reduction is difficult but giving it a try never hurts, you never know it might work for you.

1.Increase your cardio to at least 45 minutes, it does wonders for the tummy.

2. If you are working out in the gym, check out leg press. Its a machine for the legs but it also uses the stomach muscles to move your body forward and backward, hence help to tone the tummy big time. Its a fairly easy exercise, so increase the amount of weight on the machine and start with 2 sets of 25 reps and then increase to 4 sets of 25 reps.

3. Switch to hot water, 3-4 mugs a day does help.

4. This might sound funny but it does help. The massage of the lower tummy area. You need to do it like kneading a dough. Don't forget to use the oils. If you can get someone to do it for you, nothing like it. It you alone are doing it then do it for few minutes (its difficult to do it by yourself) and if feasible give a hot water bottle treatment to that area i.e give heat to that body part for 15 minutes using a hot water bottle. What we do here is that we mobilize the fat cells, we try to move the hanging not moving fat cells. Give it a try for one month and see if there is a difference.

5. Apart from all the above, you will have to maintain your diet and do the stomach exercises.

Hope it helps.

All the best.

Do keep us all updated with your progress.

regards

4 people like this.