1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Walk away the pounds - Challenge

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by geetadamle, May 16, 2011.

1. geetadamle

geetadamle Silver IL'ite

Hey all,

Anyone doing Leslie Sansone's "Walk away the pounds workout"? or "Any other walking program" or "just walking around" or "walking on a treadmill" or "running" or "jogging" ? Well Join us...

Leslie has simple and effective walk routines that anyone can try at home. She changes pace while walking and uses simple variations like side steps, knee lifts, kicks along with some hand movements. If you want to challenge yourself more, she also uses weights and resistance bands (you can omit if you dont feel like it). Fun workout with proven results.

Lets check each day and together at the weekend to see how may miles we have walked.
    Lets try to set a target each week and exceed it.. What say?
    So Ladies gear up...

May 16 - May 21 2011 - Target - 15 miles

Even if you are doing any other walking program or just walking around or running or jogging, feel free to update your details and see if you achieved the weekly goal or even better exceeded it. :D

Update your daily mile details and sum it all up on saturday.

Good Luck.

PS: I updated the target to 15 miles instead of 20 to make it achievable for most of us.
    Anyone running or jogging feel free to join in.

Kondurip, Satlak, jayalakshmi and 6 others like this.

2. hridhaya

hridhaya Gold IL'ite

Nice thread...Will begin this evening onwards.

I was upset that I could not go for a walk outdoors since it is raining heavily today...But this idea is really good.

Good job:thumbsup

3. munni20486

munni20486 New IL'ite

hi geeta
    i want to join with u. started walking.
    can u give me the link of " walk away the pounds workout".
    today nearly i walked 3 miles on threadmill.

4. geetadamle

geetadamle Silver IL'ite

Hey munni,

I have borrowed "Leslie Sansone's DVD from local library. But I have seen some workouts from Leslie on youtube. Just look for them on youtube. Search by "Leslie sansone workouts " or something like that.

Treadmill is fine too... Just keep counting and updating on this thread daily and you'll be surprised by looking at how many miles you have crossed in a week. :):thumbsup

5. geetadamle

geetadamle Silver IL'ite

I did "4 mile super challenge" +"1 mile"
    I love the one mile simply because of the super cheerful group and the fact that she uses weights in that workout...
    My score today :
    Week 1 - Monday = 5 miles

Ladies c'mon join in... walk/jog/run

6. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Geeta,

Wow!thats a gr8 number 5miles/day. Thanks for info Leslie.

I generally do 2.2 miles/hr in ARc trainer daily,rarely elliptical 1mile/30mts recently reduced it little bit due to knee pain.

You topic really motivates me alot, let mestart frm tomoroow.

I was getting up at 4.30a.mdaily in peek winter to go to gym(as i got toddler+hubby leaves at7a.m,back at8.30p.m).

Now got lazy to wake up that early so skip few days...now i can go walk with kid to cover this miles...

7. hridhaya

hridhaya Gold IL'ite

Hey Geeta,

Great going there!!! I completed 1 mile today.

I am setting a target of 2 miles per day. I have actually raised the bar from my initial 1 mile goal to 2 miles. I can spend only up to 1 hour a day for all exercising at home. This is assuming I wake up around 5.30AM and do not have much office work carried home. I am also doing 15 minutes of walking in office premises and another 15 minutes of stair climbing.

Btw, do you treat yourself with ice creams/sweets/fried items once in a while or completely stay away?

I dont like sweets from my childhood so it is not a problem for me...but I have some weakness for fried items. Love to snack them all times of the day...As I am writing, my wicked mind is planning for poori bhaji :)

8. geetadamle

geetadamle Silver IL'ite

Hey Hridaya,

Good going!! Whatever you can do is great! Just keep moving and by the end of the week you'll feel amazed by looking at the miles you have covered. Push yourself to walk faster to achieve more miles in less time..

I am over and above the cravings stage.. At one point I used to have cravings (I used to want to run to shop to buy something at midnight) but not any more... If I feel like eating something I can wait till the right time to have it.. For instance I was drooling at the mango I got since Saturday.. but had it today after the intense 5 miles walk in the form of mango protein milkshake...

I am more in control of my body now... I don't feel like feeding it bad stuff (store brought/processed/sweet) because I workout regularly and know how much hard work I have to put in place for a fit body... Think about it in this way and your cravings will diminish :D

You can surely have fried stuff (like once in a month), but have it in the morning like say for breakfast, make it yourself at home, have it fresh, don't reuse the oil used for frying, have it in moderation. Poori bhaji is a great breakfast. You can enjoy it guilt free. (Obviously frying samosas with maida cover etc don't come under this example.. Maida (white flour) is to be avoided at all costs)

Keep healthy snacks like almonds,peanuts,fruits at home so that you wont crave for fried snacks.

If you eat every two hours and stay hydrated, you wont have cravings..Try it out! :)

2 people like this.
  9. geetadamle

geetadamle Silver IL'ite

Hey Gokusha..

Good going girl!! I too have a knee injury (runners knee) since last year.. from the time I ran a half marathon.. The pain used to be continuous earlier.. but it is intermittent now.. (1 day it pains - next 2 days I am fine) Now a days if I dont workout my knee will pain, if I workout it is fine..

My gym is just 10 steps from my home, but I enjoy working out along with "planned workouts DVDs" instead of doing something randomly in the gym.. So I started following Leslie instead of running on treadmill..

And sleep is so important.. I try to grab as much as I can.. :) Try these workouts at home.. You sure will love them :)

Let me know how it goes and track your progress here!! GOod Luck!

EDIT : BTW have you consulted a doctor for knee pain? I am concerned because I know how bad it can be! Please consult a doctor and do regular knee exercise(whatever he suggests). Take care and take it easy!

10. twinkle1702

twinkle1702 New IL'ite

Hi girls,

Saw the thread just now. Will start it from today along with my daily routine of 15 min crunches and 20 min caridar walking ......:thumbsup