1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Help Me Please...

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by srilathab, Mar 23, 2011.

1. srilathab

srilathab Silver IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I am really in need of your help... 5 months back i started my journey towards weight loss at that time my weight was 64kg height 5.1' and i should agree that i have lost some amount of my weight.. and I should thank especially Shiva , alpa and all the ladies over hear from the bottom of my heart :bowdown. I was very sincere in walking(started with 30 min of walk and increased it to 1 hr) and controlled all my carvings towards sweets and junk food for 2 months ( I should accept that i am a big foodie. I can eat 6 idlies or 4 dosa on a single go :hide:)

But due to a minor accident i stopped my walking and started eating everything now. My weight Now is 66 :bonk. Again i started with my exercise (walking for 30 to 45 min ).. but i am not sweating at all. I heard that when we sweat only we will loose out weight.. Which is not happening to me at all. At the end of 45 min i feel that i will sweat but i will be completely damn tired . and i go back home.

Coming to my eating habits.. i am not able to control my hunger at all .. If i eat less then i wll feel so hungry and i will start eating everything which comes in my way.

Pls pls ladies help me how to get out of this hunger pangs and i am big sweetooth:hide:

Regards
    Latha

2. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Latha: It happened to me too. Last october after a car accident, I gave up whatever little bit I had started.

But think of this: how nice it was when you started to lose weight?
    you could fit in old clothes and most important of all, you would have felt much active through the day.
    try to bring back the motivation by thinking of all those happy feelings.

Start with one thing at a time:
    Like Indianguy's idea of alternate dinner plan

a small change per week should help you get back on track.

Concentrate your diet first, then start with walking slowly.
    Make a weekly goal plan and give yourself a pat when you achieve it.
    Looking forward to seeing you active on the weight loss threads again

3. FirSrk

FirSrk Senior IL'ite

Latha,

Don't be disheartened. Sometimes this happens. But once you realize it, you must try and stop it. If you are doing brisk walking for 30-45 mins, it is good. Everyone does not sweat easily.
    Regarding eating habits, I was the same as you. I am a foodie too and have a sweethtooth as well.I love baking and try different food blogs for recipes. But I have realized one major thing. My health and well being is most important. I want to be active and want to wear what I like. Also, I have to do it for myself. No one can do it for me.
    So, now I find it easier to control. If I eat heavy for one meal, I have only fruits for next. I consume oats regularly and salad daily. You will always find salad ready in my fridge. Helps me fill up without adding calories. If I have a sweet craving, I eat one date or melon or papaya etc(instantly curbs the feeling) or I just drink a glass full of water.( I have sought advice from friends here too. It has helped a lot)

Hope I have helped in some way.

4. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Dear Latha,
    Dont lose your heart ,please. Falling of the fitness band wagon does happen to most of us, and it definitely hapens to me too mainly when going on vaccation. But remember we are brining in a lifestyle change. So the important thing is getting back to our routine. The great thing is you have understood you are loosing it and want to keep track of your eating habit. So its sometihng you should be happy about:)

Coming to your eating habits, some people might have a greater metabolic rate and they need more food than others with less metobolic rate. If all others are having 2idlis then its not necessary you too should have only 2. You know your body best than any one else. So if you think you have to have 4idlis then you have to have it. But may be you can reduce the number by breaking down your meals to 5-6. Like have something like fruits just after you wake up, then after an hour or so your breakfast. Then again after 2-3hours some snacks like fruits or something. After 2hours your lunch. Like that.

Also dont cut off foods that you like, even if its sweets. You can have a small portion. But again you should be able to stop at half or one. That too once in a week or so.Not mroe than that.

If you work out in A/c its nto necessary you have to sweat like you do it outside. Dont worry about sweating, its a mechanism of body to cool our body when it gets heatened up due to rigorous workout. Start working out and gradually increase the level and time of workout.

All the best dear:thumbsup Dont lose your heart, there are so many here to support you.

5. srilathab

srilathab Silver IL'ite

Hi ptamil2007, amihere, FirSrk

Thankyou very much for your response and advice, as ptamil said it used to be very nice when i was fitting into some of my old clothes. That happiness even motivated me to a large extent. I will surely try to work out and reach my goal.

One more problem with me is "Fruits will not fill my stomach" thats what i feel becoz after having 2 or 3 oranges or a glass of juice with in half an hour again i feel like eating something. :bonk This might be because i am not that fond of my fruits. I dont know.

Please suggest me how to get rid of this. Hope i would reduce 3 kg by may, as we are going to our native and want to give a surprise to my relatives with my reduced weight and with my :cool2: look

Regards,
    Latha

6. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Latha:
    To curb down the appetite and reduce the eating portions:

This is how I was before:
    Eating lots of portions, eating anything that is left out to finish, as you said eating fruits did not fill up my stomach

Now: Though not completely acheived, but definitely my portion sizes have gone down and I get really full in half the portions I used to eat before

How: It is long journey, but few things which I did:

1. Drinking water at the top of every hour (10 am, 11 am, 12 noon so on)
    2. Having a scheduled time for the fruits - 11.15 apple, 4.30 pm - oranges etc
    3. chewing a peppermint after dinner - it does curb appetite
    4. Best of all: Drinking two glass full of buttermilk - either before or immediately after
    It has multiple benefits (Lowers the body internal heat, improves digestion, good source of calcium and makes stomach full)

Take it slowly and definitely you can get there

7. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sri,
    right now you are sad and once you are sad you will have a lot of negative feelings in you do not be like that, i want you to start smiling and be positive.
    Everyone has answered your question and they are all right.
    1.include lots of vegetables and fruits in your diet.
    2. Maintain a food diary.
    3, Have half banana if a long one or small one have one to curb your hunger.
    4 start diverting your mind to other things apart from food.
    5 eat lots of salads.
    6. have oats everyday for breakfast.
    7 you love idlis and dosa have them for breakfast but in small portions.
    8. Drink 2 litres lf water everyday.
    9. if having juice have fresh home made juice do not buy from outside it has sugar and preservatives.
    10. have a small peice of chocolate if you really crave for chocolates infach have the dark chocolates they are good.

start following this in 3 weeks you will see a change. keep us posted on how you are doing and start to exercise walk in the evening and in the morning.
    Another thing its ok if you do not sweat, i do not sweat before when i started exercising i never used to sweat it is only recently i have started to sweat. Everybody's body is different.
    love
    alpa:cheers

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  8. srilathab

srilathab Silver IL'ite

Thankyou very much for your adivces,

Here I am with one more problem of mine. I was working before and left the job as we have to shift from Bangalore to Delhi. I got setteled and now i am looking for my job.
    When ever i go out for some interviews and all i will leave home by 11 and will be reaching around 4 or 5. And in the mean time i feel so hungry and i just jump on to the Burger and softdrinks and whatever comes in front of me.

Just dont knw how to get rid of this habits, and during weekends in my house they want samosa or pakoda that too from outside, and sunday will be chole batura.. which is like damn oily.. and myself cant control :bonk:bonk and will start having that. What ever i would have maintained during the complete week "nadhi mein beh jaathi hain"

regards
    latha

9. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Hi Latha,

Just before you leave home, eat to your stomach full.
    Keep some dry fruits and a banana in your bag.
    Munch them in between

Once you get back home, immediately have something filling like soup or salads
    This way you can avoid outside food

To stop eating over the weekends, technically I do eat a lot on weekends, so may be not qualified yet to advise you :rotfl

10. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sri,
    as Ptamil said, have fruits before you leave in fact have a banana before you leave home it will curb your hunger, on weekends eat your junk food but in small quantity and drink 2 litres of water everyday , on weekends take more of fruits and have soup as well it will fill up your stomach.
    love
    alpa:cheers