1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Lost four kg in four months, this way !

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by indianguy2010, Feb 20, 2011.

1. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

We all do exercises. Of course, exercises are imporant, No doubt. But what is difficult for most, is how to learn to eat less. This was the most diffiult process for me too.

The important step is learning how to eat less. This is a job, one has to accomplish with our emotion, not intellect. I am of the habit of eating to full stomach every time, like most others.

The feeling of eating to full satiety (feeling of stomach getting full) is natural and that is the point, where one stops eating.

During weight loss, one has to stop eating, before we reach the above said fullness. How ? I , first thought of doing it daily......and soon got fed up and gave up the efforts. Then, I found a method. Here, I subject myself to what is known as "Idlie discipline on alternate days". On every alternate nights, I eat two and half small sized idlies, one omlette and two green cucumbers. My normal capacity is five idlies plus two omlettes. So, here I am cutting down my food intake, by 50 %. By the time, I complete my two and half idlies and one omlette, I feel only my half stomach is filled. Then I eat two cucumbers. This is a good fiber, fills another 25 % of stomach. Now, the remaining 25 % is empty. I drink two glasses of water and get up.

I say to myself, "Nothing will go wrong, because I have not eaten full stomach". I keep a stock of ripe papaya fruit in fridge, so that by midnight, if I woke up by a hunger pang, I can eat papayas. But, to my surprise, not a single night, I was woken up by hunger. By act of keeping papayas as a stand-by midnight food, is only to reassure myself that if I go hungry , I have something to eat.

I tried this technique for four months continuously. Also I did thirty minutes of brisk walking daily. All fifteen nights every month I strictly adhered to the self imposed above said idlie discipline. Amazingly, the process of learning to eat less, with two and half idlies plus one omlette..........I started applying 'eating less" on the other days and other meals too. I was gradually cutting down my other meals also.

In between when in day, hunger pangs strike, I took two / three marie biscuits and one light tea.

This way, I have lost four kgs at the rate of one kg per month. You can try something similar to the above. If you want to learn eating less.....You can design one food every alternate days, of about half the size of what you routinely eat plus two cucumbers. For example, if you eat four chapatis plus one cup of potatoe sabji, you can make it two chapatis and half cup of potatoe sabji, substitute the rest by two cucumbers.........have a stock of ripe papaya in fridge , just to reassure yourself.

You will develop confidence that you can eat less. The confidence you thus obtain, you will start applying on other meals too. Gradually, you will start eating less.

Continue exercises , at least 30 minutes of brisk walking every day. You are bound to be successful.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.

2. SARASVADIVU

SARASVADIVU Silver IL'ite

Dear Indianguy, ( unique name )

That's a good tip for those longigng to shed those extra kilos.

Congrats on your steadfast effort!!:thumbsup

Saras

3. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dear IG,

A very nice and useful post. You explained it in a very nice method along with the pic. What you wrote is true. You succesfully reduced the quantity of your food intake by replacing it with fiberous low calorie food. Good work on reducing 4 kgs in 4 month. Congrats.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

4. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

very true indianguy. I am an emotional eater too. I eat more when I get stressed.

I am trying to change that by eating slowly and telling myself 'If I dont eat to the stomach full, it is not the end of the world'

5. indianguy2010

Hi Saras,

Thanks.

6. indianguy2010

Hi Shiva,

Thanks for dropping in. Yes, as you said, I could replace a part of my routine food, with low calorie fibers.......plus, the most important thing is, I learnt to eat for less than full stomach.

7. indianguy2010

Hi ptamil,

Why dont you try something similar to "alternate day idlie discipline" ? The bottomline is.........if you eat less one meal every alternate day, there is every hope that you can extrapolate the result achieved to other meals, gradually. That is how , I reduced 74 kg to 70 kg.

8. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Hi IG,
    i have papaya everyday in the morning, papaya eating at night is good for weight loss, my breakfast is my heaviest meal of the day and dinner is the lightest meal i only have a bowl of soup and after and hour i have an apple and a glass of hot water.
    Eating lots of raw veggies is also a good way to loose weight. liked your method too.
    love
    alpa:cheers

9. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Thanks indianguy, yeah I should try and incorporate some changes like that.

Alternate day does not sound too bad :)

10. FirSrk

FirSrk Senior IL'ite

Hey
    Thanks for making it simple. I love cucumbers. Can definitely replace lots a stuff with it
    :)